Author Topic: HP Measuring System 5300B + 5302A + 5311B  (Read 336 times)

Offline BillyOTopic starter

• Super Contributor
HP Measuring System 5300B + 5302A + 5311B
« on: December 21, 2022, 08:01:40 pm »
Yesterday I scored this little beauty for $55CDN ($40US) along with another pretty minty Fluke 8050A for $35CDN ($25US).

The fluke needs a CD4054 display driver to be 100% and then it will go to friend of mine.

The HP Measuring System is fully working and will be staying with me.  The 5302A counter is quite capable and will find use.  The 5311B DAC, hmm, I'm sure I can think of a use for that even if it's just to pass some time.  The thing that will probably be used the most is the OCXO built into the main unit as it has an external output.  That alone was worth the price of admission.

Neat little device.  It can be broken down in seconds without tools and reconfigured to suit your needs.  There are about a dozen modules available.  Mostly counters of different kinds, but there is also a DMM, a battery, the DAC and a HPIB interface.  The DAC, HIPIB and Battery modules are all "middle" modules so can be used together with the main unit (top) and one of the other modules, which are all "bottom" modules.

Everything works 100% except the DAC wich is out by ~1%.  It should be closer to 0.1%.

I have manuals to cover the main unit and teh counter, but I can't locate a PDF for the DAC.  I will take a shot at the calibration without the manual, but it would be really nice to have it.  Does anyone have a link to one, or a scan lying around?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 10:30:26 pm by BillyO »
Bill  (Currently a Siglent fanboy)
--------------------------------------------------
Want to see an old guy fumble around re-learning a career left 40 years ago?  Well, look no further .. https://www.youtube.com/@uni-byte

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf