Author Topic: RIGOL DP832 still a good Bench PS?  (Read 9746 times)

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
Re: RIGOL DP832 still a good Bench PS?
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2021, 10:55:16 pm »
As a side note, my DP832 have some small errors, but I never calibrated it because it doesn't matter for my needs, and wires will introduce more errors anyway.  Also I'm not very sure about the correct calibration procedure, and how big exactly is the calibration table (how many calibration points are), I've seen contradictory info floating around.  In the programming manual there are no calibration commands, but from the disassembled firmware by tv84 there are hidden SCPI commands for DP800 calibration:

See thread above, the procedure is almost completely automated.
The number of cal points varies depending on the supply, for channel 1 and 2 around 43-46 points.
The maximum the table can hold is at least 80 points.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

The following users thanked this post: RoGeorge

Offline spiff72

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2021, 06:28:44 pm »
I was looking at a used DP832 which is claimed to be lightly used and purchased new about 3 years ago.  Is there any way to identify if it is a newer version with the revised heatsink?  The serial number is visible in the listing...

Otherwise I saw mention of the heatisink being visible from outside (through the vent)?  Is there an easy way to determine this based on a photo of this vent?  (Heatsink color for example?)

Also, I have seen that there may have been some added caps to fix the noisy 4.2V rail on the back of the control board.  Is it known whether these fixes were implemented at the same time as the heatsink change?

Online Berni

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2021, 08:44:24 am »
Well mine is fine and has serial number DP8C155202659 if that helps

Tho it is not hard to fix yourself as its just as 5V regulator. And you may want to take it apart anyway since the stock fans are pretty loud and can be plenty improved with better fans.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf