Author Topic: Rigol DS 1054Z unlock  (Read 2893 times)

Offline mikeydreadTopic starter

Rigol DS 1054Z unlock
« on: April 22, 2017, 08:52:27 pm »
I am having a hard time unlocking my Rigol DS 1054Z my unit is new, it's only a few days old. every time i put i the key code its and tap the apply button it's telling me to wait 12 hours.bMy board is version 1.4, also  i update to the latest os before i tried to unlock it. Any help will be thankful. Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline ebclr

• Super Contributor
Re: Rigol DS 1054Z unlock
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 09:35:23 pm »
"  i update to the latest os before i tried to unlock"

Big mistake

Update is easier whit knowed firmware versions.

Maybe you come to the party after everybody is drunk, and the party is over, I would suggest to look for ways to rollback firmware, do the trick and then update.\\
I did this on mine and is working on the 00.04.04

Offline mikeydreadTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 02:05:50 am »
I also did the firmware upgrade first before i tried to unlock

Offline ebclr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 02:27:16 am »
What procedure did you use ?

Offline Hydron

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 01:22:20 pm »
I have not seen any reports about unlock being firmware dependant

I suggest double checking the serial number etc is correct and re-generating the code (use DSER, not DSFR)
Enter it via SCPI command over telnet (easier than using the fiddly knob, and can copy/paste), should be instructions on the forum somewhere on how to do it.

Hope you enjoy using the new toy, and if you feel like voiding the warranty even more, then there are instructions on the forums about replacing the intensity/selection knob encoder with a detented encoder, and also a lot of people have swapped the fan for something quieter (I swapped the stock Sunon fan with a lower noise Sunon in mine).

Offline CustomEngineerer

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 07:29:08 pm »
I have not seen any reports about unlock being firmware dependant

I suggest double checking the serial number etc is correct and re-generating the code (use DSER, not DSFR)
Enter it via SCPI command over telnet (easier than using the fiddly knob, and can copy/paste), should be instructions on the forum somewhere on how to do it.

Agree completely. There have not been any reports of the unlock not working on the newer versions of the firmware. Don't bother wasting your time on trying to downgrade. Go back and carefully re-read the unlock instructions and try again.

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 08:39:10 pm »
"  i update to the latest os before i tried to unlock"

Big mistake
Update is easier whit knowed firmware versions.

Maybe you come to the party after everybody is drunk, and the party is over, I would suggest to look for ways to rollback firmware, do the trick and then update.\\
I did this on mine and is working on the 00.04.04

This is a red herring. What are you talking about?!

I am not aware of any reports of unlocking issues after a firmware upgrade (to whatever version). In contrast, there is plenty of evidence in the forum that firmware downgrades are not supported in the DS1000Z series. So you manage to give two pieces of bad advice in one post here...  :--

The following users thanked this post: ebclr

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf