Author Topic: Inexpenive 50 Ohm Feed Through Terminations  (Read 2658 times)

Offline ocw

• Regular Contributor
Re: Inexpenive 50 Ohm Feed Through Terminations
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2019, 09:59:57 pm »
I am very interested in seeing your test data

With my prior 2 x 100 ohm on a SMA connector load being trashed, I thought that I would make a new one using two APC0603T100RZ 100 ohm 0.01% resistors.  It came out better than my prior one--I was impressed!  The attachment shows my Anritsu MT8222A evaluation of it.  I decided to use that instead of my Agilent E7495A or HP 8753C.  I used a Suhner 18 GHz calibration load rather than one of my four other choices. I compared those and thought that the Suhner produced the most accurate results.

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2019, 11:17:31 pm »
Are you performing a calibration using the load only?   Does the load and reference have the same connector?  If not, how did you compensate for the difference? 

I wonder, did you happen to save plots for the other resistor combinations you tried?   

I double checked to see if I had saved any of the data I collected back then but came up short. 
How electrically robust is your meter?? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsK99WXk9VhcghnAauTBsbg

Offline ocw

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2019, 01:41:10 am »
I have 7/16" DIN, SMA and N connector calibration kits.  I obviously used the SMA version this time.  I have wondered about your calibration kit.

... the cal standard for my old 8754A is using two 100 ohm 0805's for the load.

A calibration standard will always be measured by the same instrument as being perfect regardless of how good or bad it is.

I provided a link to the manufacturer's RF specifications for the resistor which I suggested.  Where are similar specifications for what you used?

While you are making it difficult, I am trying to be helpful not confrontational.

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2019, 01:51:13 pm »
I have 7/16" DIN, SMA and N connector calibration kits.  I obviously used the SMA version this time.  I have wondered about your calibration kit.

... the cal standard for my old 8754A is using two 100 ohm 0805's for the load.

A calibration standard will always be measured by the same instrument as being perfect regardless of how good or bad it is.
Obviously. 

I provided a link to the manufacturer's RF specifications for the resistor which I suggested.  Where are similar specifications for what you used?

They don't normally provide s-parameters for standard resistors like I have used.  As I mentioned in my previous post, I couldn't find the data I collected for the standards I made. 

While you are making it difficult, I am trying to be helpful not confrontational.

Sorry you feel I am being difficult and confrontational.  Had I known asking a few questions would upset you,  I wouldn't have posted them.  Lesson learned.
How electrically robust is your meter?? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsK99WXk9VhcghnAauTBsbg

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf