Author Topic: Two €200 meters: Brymen vs. UNI-T  (Read 3385 times)

Offline JeremyC

• Regular Contributor
Re: Two €200 meters: Brymen vs. UNI-T
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2023, 02:26:20 pm »
Professional equipment, wil last a lifetime, Class III protection.

I do agree.
In 1992 I bought Fluke 87, it never let me down and as of today it looks and works the same as 31 years ago. In ~1995 I got used Keithley 135A, the same, this meter works and looks like it was new. If I need higher precision, I use a bench meter.

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2023, 02:33:25 pm »
Professional equipment, wil last a lifetime, Class III protection.
I do agree.
In 1992 I bought Fluke 87, it never let me down and as of today it looks and works the same as 31 years ago.

There's a huge number of 1980s Radio Shack meters around here that can say the exact same thing.

I've got $25 Chinese meters that still work like new after 15 years of frequent use (and counting...)

:popcorn:

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2023, 02:41:32 pm »
Also, it takes more time to scan two displays with your eyes.

As much as looking at the tiny second display on a single meter?
No, switching between two meters takes more time for me, especially if they can't be placed close together or you're watching for a change.

Online J-R

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2023, 07:31:05 pm »
Many DMM features are not used, but your needs might change over time.  I just picked up a 199 count Heathkit IM-1212 (with Nixies) and got it all fixed and cleaned up and it's surprising how much you can do with it, haha!

Honestly, I don't use my Brymen handhelds much these days, as I have nice bench meters and I do like the 121GW better when hunched over the edge of some equipment due to the nice size & shape.  I did use the 15V diode feature a few times recently.  Personal taste and experience perhaps.

I would like to briefly weigh in on the Chinese topic since it seems to come up a bit.  First of all, it's disingenuous to put words into people's mouths and call them racist or phobic when they say they don't like Chinese products or to lump everything into "Asian".  There are certain facts about how Chinese manufacturing functions under Communism and it benefits that ideology.  That is really the beginning and end of it for me personally.

The following users thanked this post: Andrew LB

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf