Author Topic: Rigol DS1052E Math Functions Question  (Read 666 times)

Offline Winston03Topic starter

Rigol DS1052E Math Functions Question
« on: February 26, 2019, 09:49:20 pm »
A question on the multiplication math fuction of the DS1052E. If I multiply two waveforms, what parameters of the resulting waveform can be displayed? In particular, my goal would be to determine true power using one channel to monitor voltage and another to measure current via a sense resistor. Both waveforms will be low voltage and relatively low frequency, but different in terms of wave shape and phase. I have seen a video showing how this is done with the DS1054Z which, of course, has many more features. It can effectively display watts directly. However, I have no idea if the DS1052E is capable of the doing the same and have not been able to find any such information. I currently do not own a DSO, but have a good analog scope that generally serves my purposes. However, determing true power becomes a real pain. If the now very low cost DS1052E could do the job, it would be good enough for most of what I would ever do. But can it? I am tending towards Rigol because it seems to have a good reliability history, which is important, especially if one finds a good deal on a used one.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf