Products > Test Equipment

Rigol ds1052e screen brightness stuck at a high level

(1/1)

plantgrower:
I just bought a Rigol ds1052e second hand on ebay as that is all I can afford. The only apparent problem with it is that the screen brightness does not adjust at all. It seems to be at a high level of brightness possibly 100% ?

The firmware is 2.04 how do I go about troubleshooting this problem? I have searched for similar and have only seen problems where the backlight was intermittent.

MasterOfNone:
I haven’t had this problem and I don’t know how to fix it, but when you say the brightness doesn’t adjust, does this mean the Multifunction knob still works and can be used to control the cursors etc?
When you try to adjust the brightness apart from the brightness actually changing a brightness percentage value should also change.  Does the value actually change?
You should be able to adjust the Brightness from the Ultrascope software and the scope should remember the value set. Have you tried using the software to adjust the brightness?

plantgrower:

--- Quote from: MasterOfNone on April 03, 2013, 09:13:39 pm ---I haven’t had this problem and I don’t know how to fix it, but when you say the brightness doesn’t adjust, does this mean the Multifunction knob still works and can be used to control the cursors etc?
When you try to adjust the brightness apart from the brightness actually changing a brightness percentage value should also change.  Does the value actually change?
You should be able to adjust the Brightness from the Ultrascope software and the scope should remember the value set. Have you tried using the software to adjust the brightness?

--- End quote ---

Yes I can change the percent value and the knob seems to work.

I will try the software next.

plantgrower:
Now the multifunction knob doesn't work. It must have been starting to fail.

What is the best course of action now ? Cleaning ?

I have seen several threads on here any help would be greatly appreciated.

ivan747:
In this thread, Mechatrommer fixes his rotary encoders:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/reviews/rigol-ds1052e-annual-service-(knob-problem)/msg75048/#msg75048

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version