Author Topic: Rigol DS1054 Accuracy problem (Volts reading)  (Read 13798 times)

Offline fivefishTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Rigol DS1054 Accuracy problem (Volts reading)
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2015, 08:15:04 pm »
I can't understand why you are upset.

I hope that's sarcasm :)

If I spent $1100+ (depending on your DS2000 scope model) and after 3 months it has to be sent back for repair, yeah I would be upset.
I'm surprised you're not. You must be a better saint than me.

I'm disappointed because if you add up all the HOURS that scope was actually powered on, it will probably just a few days of ON time. 
The rest of the time, it was just sitting on the bench, powered OFF --- Meanwhile, the 30 day clock is ticking.

Basically, Rigol is the shit when it comes to quality.  Problems come up after just few hours/few days of actual ON time.

Offline dadler

• Supporter
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2015, 08:57:52 pm »
My faith in Rigol products has dropped quite a bit, and so I am indeed reconsidering any future Rigol purchases. However, this sort of stuff happens. Products are defective. These are entry level, tiny-profit-margin products, the low price comes from somewhere.

Life is too short to get emotionally upset over stuff like this. It is frustrating, the scope I paid for (which had only been on enough to use up half of the trial hours) is not doing me any good, it's on a FedEx truck.

However, I knew the Tequipment return policy going into this, so I am not upset. They did their part. When my DSA815-TG came from Tequipment and I discovered the display was defective, they exchanged it and paid return shipping. They did hold onto it for a week before shipping out a replacement, which I was not happy with, but when I complained they expedited the shipping.

Anyways, I digress... I'm just saying that Tequipment did their part and are following their stated policies. The way Tequipment can offer low prices, free shipping, and the EEVBlog discount is by maintaining policies like this. Extended return policies can be expensive when your profit margins are thin. If you wanted the option for an extended return policy, perhaps you could have found a vendor that would do so. But I would expect the price to be higher.

If anything, you should be upset with Rigol. It's their QA etc that failed you here.

Anyways, just my personal opinion.

Offline alsetalokin4017

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2015, 11:10:13 pm »
Burn in your new digital equipment! If it is going to fail from component ageing, heat buildup, or other quality issues, it is far better for it to do so while still in the _vendor's_ return-replacement interval!

Open the box, check for all the stuff you're supposed to get, then plug it in and turn it on, set it to some task like watching its calibrator output, and _leave it on_ in the operating environment! Run it for days! Cycle the power often! If it's gonna fail, you want to know about it while you can still return it to the vendor for replacement from their stock!
The easiest person to fool is yourself. -- Richard Feynman

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2015, 05:15:11 am »
In the USA we don't have things like meaningful consumer protection...

but we do have a lot of guns and churches!

If your gun fails in the woods,you won't be around to access consumer protection,anyway,because the bear will eat you.
The upside is that the church will ensure you have a nice funeral!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf