Author Topic: Rigol DP832 networking problem, lost connections  (Read 10775 times)

Online JDubU

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Rigol DP832 networking problem, lost connections
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2018, 10:42:06 pm »
I'm sorry to bring that up, but can somebody send me version 1.16? On my request Rigol Support sent me Version 1.15 - after my complaint that I already have that one, nothing came anymore from their side

There is a link to 1.16 firmware in the first post of:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/rigol-dp832-firmware-updates-and-bug-list/

It is at the end of the list of known firmware versions where it says:  "beta release (download here)"

Offline Telegraph

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2019, 12:31:37 pm »
I have the non "A" version and mine drops the LAN all the time.  If I leave the instrument on all night the next morning can't even ping the device.  Some times I can not even go 5 minutes without the connection dropping  and having to power cycle the device. I entered a ticket on line with Rigol to see if I could get 1.16.  I also downloaded it from the links posted here.  If I don't one direct from Rigol I will use what I down loaded.  Just in case they have modified the beta in any way.  One thing I did discover.  If I open a telnet connection via PUTTY to the DP832 and send *IDN?, then leave that connection open, I have yet to drop the network connection.   Too early to tell if this is a work around but time will tell.

Offline Telegraph

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2019, 12:18:17 pm »
I got the update from Rigol.  It appears to have corrected the problem. 

Offline noisefreak

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2019, 07:27:51 am »
Hi,

I want to confirm this issue, and report, that it is not truly fixed with firmware 1.16.

We have 7 pieces DP832 here  in an automated testsystem, and some are very vulnerable by mDNS packets, others are not. Our PC runs Linux Mint, which has installed avahi-daemon by default (which sends these mDNS packets). We have no Apple products here. One supply failed nearly every 10 minutes of operation. Others had no proplem for days. They run all the very same firmware (same binary, updated via USB flash drive, MD5 Sum: 3ebdd0f64636b67976a5c075945dc88f  DP800Update.GEL)

The misbehaveour isn't the same all the time. Somtimes the device is still controllable via buttons, sometimes it freezes completely, sometimes it is pingable, sometimes not. The common problem is, that it isn't reachable any more via TCP connetions on port 5555. Our script times out after 0.3 seconds. The only workaround is a power on reset. We tried reconnecting the ethernet cable or hitting "back" twice to enter local mode with out any luck.

The Solution:
I uninstalled the avahi-daemon on the Linux Mint test system:
sudo apt uninstall avahi-daemon
Further we kept the network clean from any devices with mDNS.

Before that I saw many mDNS packets in wireshark, and the devices failed regularly. Now they ran 1 day without any single problem. Wireshark didn't capture a single mDNS packet.

Thanks to @edgelog for that hint with the mDNS packets!

Greets, Karl

Very vulnerable device serial number: DP8C213603321 with officially installed RS232 and Ethernet upgrades.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf