Author Topic: Rigol DS1054Z hide channels but keep math function  (Read 3710 times)

Offline drummerdimitri

• Frequent Contributor
Rigol DS1054Z hide channels but keep math function
« on: February 13, 2015, 08:35:35 am »
Hello,

I just received my DS1054Z today and I've spent hours playing with it.

I want to do some AC measurements using two probes (differential method) by adding channels A+B and inverting one of them so the ground clips are unused for safety reasons.

However, I was unable to show only the math function. If I turn off both channels, the math graph does away. Is there a way to show only the math function without channels A and B? If not, how else would I go about doing what I want to do?

Cheers!

Offline kwass

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Rigol DS1054Z hide channels but keep math function
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 01:37:58 pm »

However, I was unable to show only the math function. If I turn off both channels, the math graph does away. Is there a way to show only the math function without channels A and B?

You can't.  See this bugs and wish list thread for a lot more on these scopes:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/rigol-ds1000z-series-%28ds1054z-ds1074z-ds1104z-and-s-models%29-bugswish-list/
-katie

Offline TomThomas

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 12:28:12 am »

However, I was unable to show only the math function. If I turn off both channels, the math graph does away. Is there a way to show only the math function without channels A and B?

You can't.  See this bugs and wish list thread for a lot more on these scopes:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/rigol-ds1000z-series-%28ds1054z-ds1074z-ds1104z-and-s-models%29-bugswish-list/

Just of interest has anybody sent this list to Rigol US or EU or CN?
Or do you hope that a miracle happens ?
BR
Tom

Offline Guni

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 12:42:09 am »
Rigol dealers are on the forum so they know this wish list.
But Rigol has a lot, a lot of orders and probably not hurry to invest resources in any updates right now.
From other hand some wishes looks like "I would like 2Gs sampling, 1Ghz bandwidth, touchscreen, RTC, mouse support" and many not real dreams  ;D     

Offline DanielS

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 03:14:08 am »
From other hand some wishes looks like "I would like 2Gs sampling, 1Ghz bandwidth, touchscreen, RTC, mouse support" and many not real dreams  ;D   
My two biggest complaints about the DS1054Z after one month of use:
- DC offset calibration error which affects both AC and DC measurements even with AC input coupling and jumps around depending on which channel combination is enabled
- the abysmally slow CSV export when I need better measurements than the built-in ones, such as extra accuracy from calculating and subtracting the scope's input DC offset before calculating the RMS value of AC-coupled signals

The ability to download screen caps directly from the scope's built-in web interface (it already has a built-in web server for the LXI device information pages) would be quite nice for people who want to give meaningful names to their screen caps without using the dreadful on-screen file name editor. It would also eliminate the need to shuffle USB drives.

Offline trys

• Regular Contributor
  • I started with the AC128
    • Trystan's Workbench
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 11:21:15 pm »
I know this is an old topic, but hopefully this will help somebody.

I've found a way to hide the channels but keep the Math function. This was driving me nuts!

It's pretty simple:

Press {DISPLAY} {INTENSITY} then lower the value to 0%.

You will still see a slight ghost of the channels, but it you really want to, you can also select {TYPE} DOTS and {BRIGHTNESS} to less than 30% and the ghosts of the two channels go too.

Thankfully the {DISPLAY} menu only affects the displayed channels and not the MATH function display. So luckily this bug cancels out the other bug.

Cheers,
Trys

PS In the image below, I'm multiplying CH1 and CH2 which have 12MHz and 7MHz to show the behaviour of a Diode Ring Mixer. We can see the MATH function shows the product and difference of the two signals, and the CH1 and CH2 are hidden.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 11:23:48 pm by trys »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf