Author Topic: Rigol DS1074Z Serial Decoding  (Read 17733 times)

Offline mrflibble

• Super Contributor
Re: Rigol DS1074Z Serial Decoding
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2014, 02:14:35 am »
The scope is packed up for a school project, but that will be finished with Thursday, and I will try it out then.

Any chance to try it yet?

Offline Rigby

• Super Contributor
  • Learning, very new at this. Righteous Asshole, too
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2014, 02:51:34 am »
hmmm interesting, i had been wanting to capture a DMX512 (based on RS485) frame and decode for fun (iirc variable number of packets up to 512). if so, would it be better off to get a dedicated datacapture probe? (one of those USB types maybe? instead of using rigols?)

For protocol analysis, a device that is designed as a protocol analyzer first will nearly always outperform a device designed as an oscilloscope first.

Offline echen1024Topic starter

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2014, 03:51:19 am »
hmmm interesting, i had been wanting to capture a DMX512 (based on RS485) frame and decode for fun (iirc variable number of packets up to 512). if so, would it be better off to get a dedicated datacapture probe? (one of those USB types maybe? instead of using rigols?)

For protocol analysis, a device that is designed as a protocol analyzer first will nearly always outperform a device designed as an oscilloscope first.
Well of course.
I'm not saying we should kill all stupid people. I'm just saying that we should remove all product safety labels and let natural selection do its work.

https://www.youtube.com/user/echen1024

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf