Author Topic: RIGOL DS1102Z-E  (Read 57921 times)

Offline trmntr

• Contributor
  • nice vibe
Re: RIGOL DS1102Z-E
« Reply #150 on: December 10, 2022, 01:02:44 pm »
PatrickB
After buying another scope, you write us about the impressions of the acquisition;)

Offline PatrickB

• Contributor
« Reply #151 on: December 10, 2022, 04:50:30 pm »
Sure, I'm going to buy a new oscilloscope and I'll let you know my impressions.

The following users thanked this post: phamthai2503

Offline RogerG

• Contributor
« Reply #152 on: December 23, 2022, 09:20:41 pm »

Hello, tell me how this encoder (PEC11R-4315F-S0012) differs from the one you provided (PEC11R-4215F-S0012)?
Is it also suitable to replace the native encoder?

The 3 means 12 detents. This IMHO may be too low for proper adjustments.

Offline trmntr

• Contributor
  • nice vibe
« Reply #153 on: December 25, 2022, 02:45:51 pm »
The 3 means 12 detents. This IMHO may be too low for proper adjustments.
Yes, I got it and it has 12 clicks, I assumed it had the same number of pulses. And if so, then judging by your previous message, where an encoder with 12 pulses approached you, I concluded that this one should also work regardless of the number of clicks.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2022, 02:50:40 pm by trmntr »

Offline trmntr

• Contributor
  • nice vibe
« Reply #154 on: December 25, 2022, 02:54:59 pm »
I was not careful when buying this encoder. Having studied the documentation for it more thoroughly, I saw that it has 12 clicks and 12 or 24 impulses.

3 = 12 Detents (12, 24 pulses)

Am I understanding the information below correctly from the screenshot?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2022, 03:00:10 pm by trmntr »

Offline trmntr

• Contributor
  • nice vibe
« Reply #155 on: January 06, 2023, 08:48:27 pm »
Sure, I'm going to buy a new oscilloscope and I'll let you know my impressions.
Hello.  How are you? you get a new scope?

Offline PatrickB

• Contributor
« Reply #156 on: January 15, 2023, 09:44:43 am »
Hello tmntr,

It's been 3 weeks since I received my Siglent SDS1204X-E to replace the DS1102Z-E that I sent back to Rigol.
I bought it from an authorized Siglent dealer not far from my home, unlike the Rigol which came from Germany. This proximity seems important to me following my bad experience with the DS1102Z-E.

It is difficult to compare these 2 scopes, 4 channels against 2, 200MHz against 100, and other functions that do not exist on the Rigol (hence the significant price difference).

With the Siglent, there is no loss of luminosity, even during the displacement of the traces on the screen and even with the time base at 5ns unlike the Rigol. This is normal operation.
The action on the buttons and encoders is immediate. The Siglent encoders have a normal sensitivity unlike those of the Rigol and mainly the one that adjusts the brightness of the screen on the Rigol. Since the years that this scope exists, Rigol could have improved it even if some defects can never be solved.
Having used a digital Tektro for many years, the faults of the Rigol DS1102Z-E bothered me a lot.
The Siglent has an integrated http server which allows it to be controlled and to export the traces. It saved me from developing software in C# as I had been able to do for my Rigol and my Tektro.

I recognize that this Rigol DS1102Z-E has an interesting performance/price ratio and should be suitable for many amateurs who are not too demanding.

So why this Siglent? How can you be sure that it corresponds to what is expected of this device?
The best is to know a user to have his objective opinion. And in case of acquisition, to have a period (normally 15 days) to try it and in case of dissatisfaction to send it back and get a refund.

In short, I am delighted with the purchase of this SIglent SDS1204X-E scope, I do not regret this change of oscilloscope, even with a price difference of almost 3 times.

The following users thanked this post: trmntr

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #157 on: January 15, 2023, 10:18:25 am »
In short, I am delighted with the purchase of this SIglent SDS1204X-E scope, I do not regret this change of oscilloscope, even with a price difference of almost 3 times.

You should have spent a bit more and got the new Rigol 12-bit oscilloscopes.

They're a whole other level in terms of user interface and performance.

The following users thanked this post: trmntr

Offline PatrickB

• Contributor
« Reply #158 on: January 15, 2023, 11:24:08 am »
A bit more to have a 12 bits scope, 4 channels and 200 MHz BW !!!

Nooooooo, much more.

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #159 on: January 15, 2023, 11:37:22 am »

Nooooooo, much more.

You won't regret it if you upgrade your Siglent to the new Rigol.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #160 on: January 15, 2023, 11:44:20 am »

Nooooooo, much more.

You won't regret it if you upgrade your Siglent to the new Rigol.
:-DD  ::)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #161 on: January 15, 2023, 05:11:01 pm »
:-DD  ::)

Oh, FFS. Why do you even read "Rigol" threads if you hate them so much? Go read the Siglent threads.

Here am I trying to set him up to say "But those are 3x more expensive!" so I could reply "Touche!" and here you are, like the proverbial.

:palm:

Offline trmntr

• Contributor
  • nice vibe
« Reply #162 on: January 25, 2023, 01:28:55 pm »
Hi!
Who knows what is the difference between HW version 0.0.1 and version 0.0.13? What significant improvements does the oscilloscope have with motherboard version 0.0.13?

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #163 on: January 25, 2023, 06:48:07 pm »
Who says it has to have "improvements "?

Most likely just component substitutions because of global shortages.

Offline PatrickB

• Contributor
« Reply #164 on: January 26, 2023, 08:00:42 am »
Or probably just to solve the hardware defects of this scope.

The loss of brightness and other problems reported in this forum by users are not software problems as Rigol and others have told me.
This scope was put on the market in 2019 (date of the first version of the software) and even with the different versions of the software the defects were not solved.
If for 4 years, the engineers have not solved the problem, is that they are bad? No, because producing scopes with a BW of several GHz is not easy. And if it's not a software problem, it's a hardware problem.
Knowing the difference between hardware version 0.0.1 and 0.0.13 also seems interesting for users future buyers.

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #165 on: January 26, 2023, 11:26:28 am »
The loss of brightness and other problems reported in this forum by users are not software problems as Rigol and others have told me.

Yes they are.

The following users thanked this post: derree

Offline trmntr

• Contributor
  • nice vibe
« Reply #166 on: January 27, 2023, 09:18:52 am »
Just when new firmware comes out, they have a description of what has been changed or fixed.  But there is no information anywhere about what has been improved or fixed in the latest (possibly the latest) hardware version.
On the one hand, if a manufacturer makes changes to its product and this is not a correction of an old error in the board layout, but an upgrade, then this is understandable, but when three years have passed since the launch of this sight on the market and when you buy a device, you get the first version of hardware  with a possible flaw in the circuit, it becomes a little unpleasant)

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #167 on: January 27, 2023, 09:33:43 am »
Have you observed any flaws that people with newer PCBs don't have?

Offline trmntr

• Contributor
  • nice vibe
« Reply #168 on: January 27, 2023, 11:12:33 am »
I have not seen such examples yet. Indeed, it would be interesting to hear here the owner of a DS1102Z-E with motherboard version 0.0.13. Are there any problems with this version of the board as well?

Offline Ogurezzz

« Reply #169 on: February 05, 2023, 06:58:25 pm »
Hello everyone.
Just get my DS1102Z-E. It doesn't show signal lines. Both channels are ON, but it looks like it doesn't feel any trigger signal.
What it could be?
FW: 00.06.03.SP2
Board: 0.0.1
I tried to do Self-Cal, it writes "Disconnect everything from all inputs!" And progress bar doesn't move.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 07:02:10 pm by Ogurezzz »

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #170 on: February 06, 2023, 07:38:16 am »
Hello everyone.
Just get my DS1102Z-E. It doesn't show signal lines. Both channels are ON, but it looks like it doesn't feel any trigger signal.

Maybe it's set to external trigger.

I tried to do Self-Cal, it writes "Disconnect everything from all inputs!" And progress bar doesn't move.

But that sounds bad.

Offline trmntr

• Contributor
  • nice vibe
« Reply #171 on: February 07, 2023, 04:12:20 am »
Could it be a software glitch?  Do a factory reset.

The following users thanked this post: Fungus

Offline PatrickB

• Contributor
« Reply #172 on: February 07, 2023, 09:03:57 am »
trmntr is right, a factory reset might solve your problem.

On the Rigol, which I had, it was impossible to reinstall the latest version of the software after trying older versions.
At each attempt to reinstall the latest software version, the scope displayed "Update was failure".  >:(
To perform a hard reset, I had received from Rigol the following procedure and it worked, the latest software version could be reinstalled:

"Put latest firmware on to the root directory of a jump drive formatted to FAT32. The newest firmware can be downloaded from https://www.rigolna.com/firmware/.
While the device is off, insert the drive into the USB port in the front. Start repeatedly mashing the "Help" button and power up the unit while continuing to press the button repeatedly. This should cause the device to try to boot from the external drive with the new firmware. If the firmware is loaded successfully, the instrument should not boot into the red screen error, but it will remain unresponsive while the firmware is installed - this can take up to a few minutes
."

At the end of this long procedure, the messages displayed are in Chinese languages but the button to change languages automatically appears on the right of the screen. It's good.

Offline trmntr

• Contributor
  • nice vibe
« Reply #173 on: March 16, 2023, 05:42:29 pm »
Hi!

I found one bug in the operation of the oscilloscope and I would like you to check it for yourself in order to understand it only for me or for all Rigol of this series ...
 Turn on the device, turn on one or two channels.  On the left side of the menu, select measurements for the channel, for example, Vpp.  In the Measure menu where Font size choose Large or Extra Large.  Go back a little now to Statistic and slowly toggle this between ON and OFF.  In this case, the selected Vpp parameter will switch to the extended window and back.  At some point (no more than a minute), the device freezes, stops responding to the buttons.  Beam settings can still be changed with encoders, but no correct parameters are displayed on the screen.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1KM4y167vV
https://youtu.be/G7CreVuakn0
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 03:48:23 pm by trmntr »

Offline Piton

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #174 on: April 03, 2023, 12:17:07 pm »
Hello. It doesn't freeze in my auto mode. In the "Normal" mode, it does not freeze immediately, but in single mode - immediately to a black screen.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf