Products > Test Equipment

Rigol DS2000 Series Oscilloscopes vs OWON

(1/4) > >>

prenato:
Hi,

I'm planning on buying a new DSO and I'm seriously considering the new DS2000 series from Rigol, specifically the 100 MHz model: DS2102. Does anyone in the forum have first-hand experience with these scopes? I haven't found a review yet despite searching the web for one.
The scope is about $1100 which is a bit steep. Do you think the new features (500 uv/div sensitivity, large memory and fast sample rate, advanced math operations etc) justify the premium over say, a OWON SDS8202 scope, 200MHz (twice the bandwidth!), 2GS/s, 10Mpt memory, which goes for about $780 only? I've been impressed with recent teardowns of the Rigol equipment as it seems they have good quality hardware/design. However, I've never owned a Rigol nor a OWON so not sure how they compare in quality. Your feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paulo

T4P:
10M memory BUT only till 1GSPS

Rigol's acquisition rate and such is more of a comparison between it and the DSOX2000 ... plus the 14MB (can be 56MB with a upgrade)

And of course, Rigol's very good at higher end equipment ... look at dave's "unboxing" and mike's DG4062 teardown

prenato:
Hi T4P,

Yes, I saw both of those videos. I was especially impressed by Mike's tear-down of the Rigol  Arbitrary Waveform Generator. The quality of the construction and internal design seemed top-notch. I just haven't seen a review (let alone a tear-down) of the DS2000 series of scopes so I don't know if the same quality extends to this series of products (though  I suspect it does)...

Paulo

EEVblog:

--- Quote from: prenato on August 05, 2012, 03:51:41 am ---Hi T4P,

Yes, I saw both of those videos. I was especially impressed by Mike's tear-down of the Rigol  Arbitrary Waveform Generator. The quality of the construction and internal design seemed top-notch. I just haven't seen a review (let alone a tear-down) of the DS2000 series of scopes so I don't know if the same quality extends to this series of products (though  I suspect it does)...

--- End quote ---

I'd be very surprised if it doesn't. But I've yet to see a teardown of the DS2000
At least one person on the forum has one and has posted some concern about the noise floor.

Dave.

prenato:
Thanks Dave. Didn't realize someone in the Forum owned A DS2000 seies. Would be very interested in hearing his/her impressions.

Paulo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version