Author Topic: Miscig MS207 - should I buy?  (Read 3362 times)

Offline Analogdevice

• Contributor
Miscig MS207 - should I buy?
« on: December 26, 2016, 11:57:26 am »
Hello Dave, hello eevblog.

I have the 123 Fluke scopemeter, but I'm going to buy something new, because the display on fluke has "tired" CFFL, so in cold wheather it's hard to read it at daylight. What is more, this scope have small sample rate (approx. 20MSa/s), doesn't have cursors etc. - it's basic model from fluke scopemeters.
So I look for the new scopemeter and I found Miscig MS207T for €650 (approx. I don't know... 700 bucks?). The price is well for the scope, which have 5,7" touchscreen, 1GSa/s sample rate and 70MHz bandwidth. This machine also have cursors, FFT and basic math.
But I know nothing about Miscig, don't know about manufacturer, quality, lifetime etc. so I like to know your opinion.

Only disadvantage I see is BNC input to scope and vertical deflection only up to 50V/div. Fluke have input jacks (4mm) so it is possible to measure mains with test leads, which is safe and easy. In combination with deflection up to 500V/div. and max. input voltage up to 600V in cat III it's possible to measure (composite?) voltage (phase-to-phase in three phase mains, in europe it is 400V). I think that MISCIG doesn't do that, because scope inputs are independent from meter input, which have 4mm jacks.
This isn't big problem, because I don't need to measure this voltage, but sometimes it's advantage, because - for example - in our powerfeeder vogele there is generator driven by hydro-motor and if there will be problem with revolution speed, I will simply see the output voltage, frequency and function.

I need scopemeter for quick diagnostics the CAN bus, signals from sensors etc. in power feeders, pavers, stone crushers, asphalt plants, rollers and surface miners.

Thank you!

... I almost forgot... Here's an URL: http://www.tme.eu/sk/details/ms207t/prenosne-osciloskopy-skopometre/micsig-instruments/
Just switch to english or to your language :)

« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 11:59:17 am by Analogdevice »

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
Re: Miscig MS207 - should I buy?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 12:41:53 pm »
The Micsig stuff we've seen so far has been well built & has reasonable firmware.
Dave tore down a MS310

And I recently looked at the Tbook Mini

If the tablet format suits your requirements it's a pretty good unit at a decent price

Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline TheAmmoniacal

• Supporter
  • Cut me some slack, I'm a biochemist!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 01:11:59 pm »
I would recommend the cheap debranded MS220T: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Handheld-Oscilloscope-200MHz-2CH-super-easy-to-use-Clearance-/322350729928 -- he will accept offers of $200.

The oscilloscope section should be just fine, and the DMM can be activated by adding a conductive pad on the DMM button (but might not work to spec). And the banana socket might need replacement if you want to use the DMM.
I collect [corporate] mugs.
MTBF ~ 700.000 h

Offline Analogdevice

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 07:52:46 pm »
Thanks guys.
Tablet version isn't good for me, 'cause I'm usually working outside, sometimes in rain, but most often in dirt from stone or asphalt. I need equipments which have degree of protection min. IP44 and which they are well built and "massive". For the same reason I have ThinkPad laptop, which is immortal  ;D

That ebay offer is attractive, but I don't have a time to do things that manufacturer have to do, like replacing bananas, adding a pads to keyboard etc. I'm lazy for these things.

Offline TheAmmoniacal

• Supporter
  • Cut me some slack, I'm a biochemist!
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 07:56:25 pm »
Thanks guys.
Tablet version isn't good for me, 'cause I'm usually working outside, sometimes in rain, but most often in dirt from stone or asphalt. I need equipments which have degree of protection min. IP44 and which they are well built and "massive". For the same reason I have ThinkPad laptop, which is immortal  ;D

That ebay offer is attractive, but I don't have a time to do things that manufacturer have to do, like replacing bananas, adding a pads to keyboard etc. I'm lazy for these things.

If you just intend to use it as an oscilloscope you don't have to do anything. Works out of the box. But these "Chinese" handhelds will not take rough handling or water.
I collect [corporate] mugs.
MTBF ~ 700.000 h

Offline Analogdevice

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 01:31:46 pm »
I understand very well, but it's good to have 3-in-1 equipment without any "redneck modifying".
I don't know about these chinese things, but I have UNI-T DMM working in dust and rain and everything is ok. Once I had a problem with test leads err - there was problem with contacts at banana input. After clean it up with compressed air worked everything OK so I think this is a big lottery with these equipments - one piece may had long lifetime without any problems and second piece may die after end of warranty, maybe before the end...  I like fluke 190 series, but I don't need the scopemeter as much as I pay for it 3k€, if you understand. That's the reason why I don't look after keysight and fluke machines.

Offline mucek

• Contributor
    • eCAT electronic engineering
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 06:35:59 am »
About worn CFL lamp in 123 I just modified my Fluke 123 with LED ...
Will post picture tutorial in https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/fluke-123-scopemeter-and-battery-replacement/ later today ...

Speaking shortly: the difference is like day and night ;)

Regards,
Gregor

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
  • Manufacturer of digital oscilloscopes from China
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 03:37:57 am »
Dear ,

I am Micsig technology support. Sorry I just read your thread today.

Before I reply your question, I would like to introduce Micsig handheld oscilloscope series to you. It includes 3 series.
1, MS200 , non-isolated handheld oscilloscope
2, MS300&MS500 isolated handheld oscilloscope

You can find all specification on Micsig’s website.

For your question

1, Fluke have input jacks (4mm)- all Micsig handheld scope have the banana jacks, and it is 4mm too.

2, The multimeter can afford DC/AC voltage is from 1mv to 1000v, but it divide two parts, which you can see it on the datasheet.

3, if you want to test the high voltage, I suggest you choose MS300.

4, MS300 series have the CAN function.

Dave’s video is our old version, and it does not introduce the software function, if you need more, welcome to contact directly.  :)
JL

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 03:42:22 am »
this is the can function
JL

Offline trevwhite

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 08:32:48 am »
How come there is no software upgrade to enable full decoding of packets. I would have assumed as the trigger option is there it's not a lot more work to enable.the full decode on the MS200 series

Offline Analogdevice

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2019, 04:54:02 am »
I'm sorry I wasn't here for a long time. Looks good, thanks, micsig.

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2019, 09:45:18 am »
you are welcome. Micsig have new oscilloscope right now, you can visit the website to see it.  :)
JL

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf