Author Topic: Rigol DS4012 100 MHz hackable to 500 MHz?  (Read 10567 times)

Offline Twoflower

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Rigol DS4012 100 MHz hackable to 500 MHz?
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2016, 03:00:49 pm »
Okay, just went through the shipment and papers: There's nowhere a note to be found regarding a reduced warranty period. So I guess european legislation is valid here that grants the consumer a limited 2-year warranty (which of course I already voided anyway  ;) )...

To my knowledge there is no way around the two year warranty for new goods (within the EU). OK, after 6 Months it can be interesting to argue as the end-user has to prove that the problem already existed from the beginning. But that highly depends on the seller. Because not the manufacturer but the seller has to cover this warranty. But this looks different outside the EU.

If the manufacturer offers other time spans (e.g. 90 days) this does not shorten this 24 month warranty. But it could be other way around (e.g. some manufacturer offer 5 years for cash or even for free). So the 90 days do not really apply in the EU but in other regions that could make the difference.

At least that's my understanding.

Offline pascal_sweden

• Super Contributor
Re: Rigol DS4012 100 MHz hackable to 500 MHz?
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2016, 11:54:32 pm »
If there is nowhere a note to be found regarding a 2 year warranty, it will be 90 days.
Every new Rigol product comes with a warranty note. The product which you bought is not a new Rigol product. The 24 months rule in Europe indeed applies to new products, but again a demo unit is not a new product. I would strongly suggest to "burn-in" your scope during the first 3 months to find any caveats before the 90 period is over :)

Offline der_michel

Re: Rigol DS4012 100 MHz hackable to 500 MHz? -update March 2018
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2018, 06:06:34 pm »
Just for anyone that is may interested - yes the Rigol Scope DS 4014 can be unlocked (to 500MHz + all Option) easy on the same page that als 1050Z Buyers use. So for $1400 best buy i could possible make ;-)

Cheers der_michel

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf