Author Topic: Rigol DSO1104Z / 1054Z Logic Analyser Option?  (Read 3546 times)

Offline dexters_labTopic starter

• Supporter
Rigol DSO1104Z / 1054Z Logic Analyser Option?
« on: May 21, 2016, 08:33:52 am »
Does anyone have any experience with the logic analyser options for the Rigol 1054Z series?

Been thinking about a new scope and could do with a logic analyser too so it might be a good option for me

but only if it's worth it and works well

would spending the extra £ be better spent on the regular DS1054Z scope and a USB based LA?

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Rigol DSO1104Z / 1054Z Logic Analyser Option?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 08:55:47 am »
Keep your eyes open for a soon to be announced LA addition to the Siglent range.  ;)

Don't tell anybody, OK.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: mettlerr

Offline SteveyG

• Supporter
  • Soldering Equipment Guru
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 09:38:27 am »
Does anyone have any experience with the logic analyser options for the Rigol 1054Z series?

Been thinking about a new scope and could do with a logic analyser too so it might be a good option for me

would spending the extra £ be better spent on the regular DS1054Z scope and a USB based LA?

I have the logic analyser option on my MSO1074Z and IMO is worth is for the small extra outlay. It's quite good actually, obviously not on the level of the KS MSO3000 series I have at work but it does the job. I have a Saleae Logic 16, but it doesn't get as much use - the big advantage of the MSO is obviously you can display waveforms at the same time which can help with triggering or troubleshooting, however full protocol decoding is easier on the Logic 16 because you can easily scroll around the captured data. It depends what you want to do with it really.
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/sdgelectronics/
Use code: “SDG5” to get 5% off JBC Equipment at Kaisertech

Offline dexters_labTopic starter

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 11:01:16 am »

I have the logic analyser option on my MSO1074Z and IMO is worth is for the small extra outlay. It's quite good actually, obviously not on the level of the KS MSO3000 series I have at work but it does the job. I have a Saleae Logic 16, but it doesn't get as much use - the big advantage of the MSO is obviously you can display waveforms at the same time which can help with triggering or troubleshooting, however full protocol decoding is easier on the Logic 16 because you can easily scroll around the captured data. It depends what you want to do with it really.

interesting comments, thanks Steve!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf