Author Topic: Rigol Lab Upgrade  (Read 1562 times)

Offline wafflehatjoeTopic starter

Rigol Lab Upgrade
« on: May 24, 2020, 02:55:56 am »
I wanted to put the equipment through its paces before I made this post and it has performed as good as I could have hoped.

a few months back my bot was trolling eBay and sent me an alert. it was a total of 3 links, one for a scope, another for a power supply and the final was for a multimeter.  "DS2202E, DP832, DM3058E". all were listed for bid starting at 400$ so I figured i would go for a hail mary and send a pm with an offer for all 3 pieces of equipment. after chatting for a while we settled on 800$ for the lot. at this point I was already excited given my current lab was cobbled together and couldn't do much besides not blow things up... most of the time.

at this point, we left the safe areas of eBay and I did a direct payment to an unknown through PayPal with no insurance I would actually get the items and if we skip all the anxiety about 2 weeks later I got an email saying the items were on my porch from USPS. I immediately left work and raced home to see the pile I had been waiting for. 

everything was in its original boxes, no visible damage, and even the original information packets were included. I was impressed. fast forward a few months now that I have had time to play around and test everything I could think of and all I can say is it is absolutely amazing having a real lab to play around with stuff again since I no longer work somewhere where I have access to night lab equipment. I also feel like I got a really good deal and am very thankful to the person who sold me the equipment for so cheap.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 03:41:50 am by wafflehatjoe »

Offline PixieDust

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Rigol Lab Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 03:46:33 am »
Nice find! Time for some fun. :box:

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 04:13:38 am »
really is, it has helped so much with my day to day dicking around.

Offline Electro Fan

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 04:19:05 am »
 :-+  :-+   :-+

maybe set the bot to find a Rigol function generator then a spectrum analyzer :)

Online RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 09:38:04 am by RoGeorge »

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2020, 11:46:44 pm »
:-+  :-+   :-+

maybe set the bot to find a Rigol function generator then a spectrum analyzer :)

I have been looking, the bot never rests. it found a LeCroy 6100a Waverunner for 350$, sounded like it had a bad power supply, probably a failed cap from the description of the noise it made... I really should have grabbed it. would have made a fun repair.

Offline Electro Fan

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2020, 05:36:23 am »
A TEA powered bot never rests - it’s like perpetual motion.

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2020, 06:14:12 pm »
A TEA powered bot never rests - it’s like perpetual motion.

it's funny too because I have been trying to find an affordable waveform generator, but haven't run into anything that really tickled me for the price. generally used, I don't do this seriously enough to buy anything new unless it's a really good deal, or probes, I will buy probed new because it's just easier.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf