Author Topic: Rigol MSO 5074 Hack ( what's the story so far )  (Read 1516 times)

Offline Steve12366Topic starter

Rigol MSO 5074 Hack ( what's the story so far )
« on: May 04, 2021, 05:08:04 pm »
Rigol MSO 5074 is currently being knocked out cheap with a few software bundles thrown in. Are these less buggy now, and are they hackable without a big headache.
Thanks Guy's
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 05:42:11 pm by Steve12366 »

Offline I4E

• Regular Contributor
Re: Rigol MSO 5074 Hack ( what's the story so far )
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 03:28:04 am »
They have fixed many of the bugs which the units had when they first came out.  If there was anything in particular you'd read that you'd like to ask about  - I'd be happy to try an answer it for you.

As we are authorized distributors- I can't comment about the hack.

If you decide you'd like a quote please get in touch :-)

It's not mixed signal and sample rate isn't as high so may not be right for you  but we also are distributors for the Micsig scopes too.
https://www.instruments4engineers.com/micsig-to1104-100mhz-tablet-oscilloscope-micsig-distributor

Sincerely

Miss Joy Torres
Instruments 4 Engineers ltd
Office: +44 (0) 161 871 7450
www.instruments4engineers.com

« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 03:32:58 am by I4E »

The following users thanked this post: Steve12366

Offline normi

• Regular Contributor
Re: Rigol MSO 5074 Hack ( what's the story so far )
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 12:44:57 am »
Rigol MSO 5074 is currently being knocked out cheap with a few software bundles thrown in. Are these less buggy now, and are they hackable without a big headache.
Thanks Guy's

Search the forum there is a long thread on hacking. I think the hack is just as simple as plugging in a USB stick.

Most bugs would have been fixed, but all the scopes available out there have a bug list so you won't get around that, I have not found any show stoppers, and any concerns I have reported to support and they always answer and provide solutions. The other issue I discovered is that somethings are not bugs but result from persons not reading the manual.
Based on the chips used to get that extremely high sample rate, the noise floor is higher than the low sample rate models.

The following users thanked this post: Steve12366

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf