Products > Test Equipment

Rigol MSO8000 FW Update

(1/2) > >>

JehTeh:
I noticed Rigol released some new firmware for the MSO8000 a few days ago. I am not sure if the release notes are comprehensive or not:

--- Quote ---v00.02.00.00.12  2022/10/18
     - High resolution version

v00.01.02.00.07  2021/12/22
--- End quote ---

I loaded it up this AM and the scope is currently running self cal, but based on the release notes I did check hi-res mode and there is an option for 9, 10, 11 and 12 bit mode that I am pretty much certain was not there before. In 12b mode with only channel 1 enabled the popup tells me the 3db bandwidth drops to 6.25MHz.

Anyone know if there are any other goodies in this major version bump? I am hoping they fixed some decoder bugs (not likely, I know) but have not got to testing those yet.

Martin72:
LOL, they implemented Hires on their (former) top-model only NOW ??
Rigol, rigol... :palm:

JehTeh:

--- Quote from: Martin72 on November 26, 2022, 05:31:23 pm ---LOL, they implemented Hires on their (former) top-model only NOW ??
Rigol, rigol... :palm:

--- End quote ---

I know...  |O

In other news the scope feels quite a bit snappier after bootup, which is nice. Probably just lowered default memory depth though, won't be really putting the update through it's paces until next week.

They also updated the web UI! It is so much better now and you can actually just save the screen capture. This will definitely make my life easier, no more cropping screenshots.

Will play around some more later and see what else I can find.

normi:
The update which appears to be significant enough for them to increase the firmware to version 2, may be related to the HD models being released. When buyers ask about bit resolution when comparing to the lesser priced HD models the sales people can mention the Hi-Res bit resolution as a compromise. Did it not have a hi-res mode before similar to the 5000 or is this an improved implementation?

thm_w:

--- Quote from: normi on November 29, 2022, 06:30:15 pm ---The update which appears to be significant enough for them to increase the firmware to version 2, may be related to the HD models being released. When buyers ask about bit resolution when comparing to the lesser priced HD models the sales people can mention the Hi-Res bit resolution as a compromise. Did it not have a hi-res mode before similar to the 5000 or is this an improved implementation?

--- End quote ---

The MSO8000 seems like it had hi-res mode according to sighounds post here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/rigol-mso-8000/msg2883902/#msg2883902
The manual lists it as 12-bit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version