Author Topic: Agilent ESA-E software ?  (Read 814 times)

Offline xymoxTopic starter

• Contributor
Agilent ESA-E software ?
« on: September 05, 2020, 07:15:09 pm »
What is the best software for the ESA-E ( E4402B ) mine is loaded and I have 82357A GPIB to USB

I need a waterfall plot. But other goodies would be good too... If I had to I could go back to a older OS, but would prefer win 10

Offline xymoxTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: Agilent ESA-E software ?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 09:10:06 pm »
Getting benchlink setup on a new XP VMware machine is challenging.. Mostly because VMware wont let the Java installer run because it attempts a "illegal instruction"..

Keysight current software does not support the ESA-E models.

I suppose I could setup a old laptop on XP, or even Win 2000.. But I would prefer some way to get waterfall plots on a Win 10 machine.

Offline apples

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 07:57:51 pm »
@xymox  Hi having just upgraded my ESA and acquired a GPIB <> USB interface, I'm working on this too.

Closest I found is http://www.ke5fx.com/gpib/readme.htm which looks quite promising, but I'm having difficulty getting it to work with my Keysight GPIB adaptor.

Keep me informed if you figure anything out.

Duncan

Offline Tony_G

• Frequent Contributor
  • Checkout my old test gear channel (link in sig)
    • TGSoapbox
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 07:24:19 pm »
You can use the KE5FX toolkit with the Keysight IO Libraries suite but you also need to install the NI VISA library - It's pretty sensitive to getting it setup correctly as you need to install as a secondary VISA library and then you can set it up as as an adapter - From memory you need to install the NI bits first and then the Keysight ones and select secondary. Then in the NI 488.2 properties you need to turn on the tullip.dll driver (sp?).

I shifted from a Keysight adapter over to an NI Etherner to GPIB adapter and haven't set this up in some time but I'm happy to try and help if needed.

TonyG

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf