Author Topic: Rigol HDO/DHO 4000 battery pack  (Read 684 times)

Offline airone14Topic starter

Rigol HDO/DHO 4000 battery pack
« on: October 27, 2023, 12:19:14 pm »
Good morning EEVBlog members/site
And thank you for accepting account registration..
I have a question to propose, although I already imagine it will be a "hard-to-find" positive answer or solution...
I've just purchased Rigol DHO 4000 series, the choice fell on the cost-performance ratio but also on the "advertised" battery operation... unfortunately only after the purchase did I realize that BPACK is apparently mentioned at a global level, but in fact it is a true ghost/unfindable...

And despite various sent&reminder emails sent to various Rigol addresses in the world offices as well as Rigol HQ, they persist (and I declare Rigol's policy of bad manners/terrible customer support) in not wanting to give the slightest hint of an acknowledgment on the email, nor even a shred of e-mail response such as availability of supply or technical reasons for non-production / unavailability..inexplicable...let alone if they indicated the technical layout of the battery or better yet the battery connector on the back of the oscilloscope.

Does anyone perhaps have more information for this unobtainable - non-production battery trade? Cost problems or perhaps also technical problems? I would no more bought Rigol, in fact fortunately it is the only instrument with this brand available to me, and also the last one coming about reading some posts on other devices which sometimes mention firmware difficulties..
I partially watched a video on the 4000 series open teardown, but it is not clear connections and functions backplane battery PCB..

Thank you.
Davide

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
Re: Rigol HDO/DHO 4000 battery pack
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2023, 12:42:39 pm »
Have you asked the dealer you bought the scope from? Bytterfly, for example, have the DHO4000-BPACK listed on their website, although with an "ask for a quote" button instead of an online price.

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2023, 02:31:16 pm »
Hi Ebastler. Thank you for contact. I know Batterfly, as purchase in the last years for other instruments... same "Rigol way".. already 2 form page contact... nothing never nada zero 0 reply..!!

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2023, 02:39:21 pm »
Dealer oscilloscope (..rigol europe.. ) after my pressing reminder(s) about purchase/shipping infos, little reply "no available info from production departments", so...

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2023, 07:58:31 pm »
Batterfly have always answered my emails within an hour or so.

(during work hours)

info@batterfly.com

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2023, 03:17:50 pm »
Hi Fungus. Thanks for contact. I know..Batterfly ever reply to mails or contact and/or recall for previous requests, but not fof these ones.. unfortunately 2 form compiled between some days.. never reply..so thinking about difficulties and embarraced about this one product from rigol warehouse, no reply to customer and I don't call ..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf