Author Topic: lecroy wavesurfer 422  (Read 3421 times)

Offline 4to20MilliampsTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
lecroy wavesurfer 422
« on: April 09, 2013, 03:41:39 am »
I got this scope second hand , I imagine the front end is blown out of it but first things first....the firmware is wrong and I can't find a version that will work with it.

DSO installer 3.8.0.3< software loads fine, all the controls work, inputs don't work, shows the scope as being a waverunner 800 series

DSO installer 4.9.2.3< software installs fine, dso begins to initialize, dso crashes. sometimes it will start and then exit to windows when you operate the controls.

DSO installer 6.8.1.4< installs fine, error message comes up saying dso has crashed, dso starts anyway, everything works except the input channels.
Shows scope as being a wavesurfer 424 not a 422

Dso installer 6.9.0.3< most recent update from LeCroy, recommended by their technical support that I contacted via email, won't install the firmware update, software installs fine, scope starts then a message comes up that says it has crashed.

I would like to get the proper firmware installed on this before I tear into it, does anyone have one of these scopes? and if you do would you happen to have the restore disk? or know where I can find one.

Thanks.

Offline SparkyBruce

• Contributor
Re: lecroy wavesurfer 422
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 01:12:18 pm »
Hello,
I know that this is a very old topic , but I have just had exactly the same situation with my 424.

The issue is lecroy use common software on all the scopes and what is happening is the scope cannot read what sort of scope it is.

On my scope someone had ripped one of the four SMT connectors off the main board (where the PCI card connects) , and after a quick clean up and resolder (thankfully the pads were not ripped off the main board) everything is fine and working.

Bruce
BEng(Hons) CEng MIET (MIEE)

Offline sprit

• Contributor
Re: lecroy wavesurfer 422
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2023, 11:34:44 am »
Hello,
I know that this is a very old topic , but I have just had exactly the same situation with my 424.

The issue is lecroy use common software on all the scopes and what is happening is the scope cannot read what sort of scope it is.

On my scope someone had ripped one of the four SMT connectors off the main board (where the PCI card connects) , and after a quick clean up and resolder (thankfully the pads were not ripped off the main board) everything is fine and working.

Bruce

i have this installer, if you want u can dm me.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf