Author Topic: Rishab in Australia  (Read 11097 times)

Offline WytnuclsTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Rishab in Australia
« on: March 04, 2014, 06:56:42 am »
It looks like Rishab can be bought in Australia.
http://www.supremetechnology.com.au/product/rishabh-rish-multi-18s-handheld-digital-multimeter.aspx?Id=900
I don't know what the latest deal with Gossen is, but Rishab will be at the Hannover electronic fair in April.
http://rishabh.co.in/index.php

« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 07:03:32 am by Wytnucls »

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
Re: Rishab in Australia
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 04:13:35 pm »
Quite interesting to see they are targeting different markets - it could possibly open the gates for a balanced evaluation/teardown/etc.

Regarding Hannover, I imagine they may not showcase their DMMs but instead their other products. I have seen that happen in the past with similar imbroglios - the issue never hits first pages, but instead it becomes a rumbling rumor during the trade show...

BTW, would these make your spreadsheet?  O0
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 11:13:48 am »
Yes, they will, since they are available outside of India. Looking more closely at the spec sheet, they don't seem to have the same features as the discontinued Metrahit meters. A second-hand 18S or 28S meter from Germany would possibly be better value.
The Rishabh 616 could be worthwhile, if the price is not too high. I don't have a price for it yet.

http://rishabh.co.in/index.php/products/product/236

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 04:52:15 pm »
Rishabh has a new 60,000 count multimeter (Rishabh 6016) with fairly decent specs (on paper, at least). It sells for about 250$ with a 3-year warranty in India.
AC+DC, 32,000 point internal memory with time stamp, 8V diode test, square wave gen, etc...

http://rishabh.co.in/index.php/products/product/286

« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 05:02:11 pm by Wytnucls »

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 06:30:49 pm »
A couple of things about the 6016 that could use improvement with the user interface.

1) There is no indicator on the rotary knob that makes it obvious what you are pointing to.  A black mark/arrow would help.  Something like this mockup.

2) The COM jack has a red shroud instead of the traditional black shroud.

Offline krish2487

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 07:57:57 pm »
I would advise against buying any Rishab instruments.

We have used rishab instruments quite a lot and they don't stand up to the original gossen meters in anyway. As I understand gossen are quite reputed and have a name for making quality instruments.
I do not know what the agreement is with gossen but rishab seems to have shortchanged them.

Their meters are slightly better than the Uni-T meters. The precision trimmed ceramic resistor divider network is modified to a string of 1% MFRs . and the internal construction of the unit is a joke. Soldering quality of the battery tabs is pathetic and soldering on the board, in general, is piss-poor. Oh and yes, flaky backlight issues (the backlight comes on when the meter is powered OFF |O ) and extremely power hungry meters.

Granted, we have not used the model you specified, we used Rish 16 and 16S which are in the 100-150$ range. And no, I did not get a defective unit, I have the same phenomenon across multiple units.
If god made us in his image,
and we are this stupid
then....

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 08:35:43 pm »
Soldering quality of the battery tabs is pathetic and soldering on the board, in general, is piss-poor.
Any internal pcb pictures to show us?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 08:58:07 pm »
Gossen doesn't respect tradition either. All shrouds are black. However, the COM port is separated from the others, tucked away on the left side.
There is an embossed dot at the end of the selector, like on the Uni-T meters. One can always color it black.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 12:40:42 am by Wytnucls »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 09:11:34 pm »
This is the Gossen 16S PCB. There are no battery tabs for the 9V battery, just a 9V connector. Is the Rishabh any different?

Offline Tim F

• Regular Contributor

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2016, 10:22:11 am »
Those old Gossen meters have been discontinued in Germany for quite a while. Rishabh will continue to produce their version as long as parts and customers are available. It seems though that they are slowly introducing their own more cost-effective design.
India still manufacture Royal Enfield motorcycles in Madras. Parts and repair shops for a simple bike are everywhere. The country lives in a time warp, acquiring obsolete machinery in the West on the cheap, to mass-produce old, but proven design items, mostly for the local market.
As a general rule, Indian customers don't care for often expensive new designs. They just want something cheap and sturdy that does the job.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 10:28:39 am by Wytnucls »

Offline krish2487

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2016, 12:56:36 pm »
My apologies for the delay .
I am still at work and will post pics as soon as I get home and take them.

However, I stand corrected, the meters are 13S and not 16S as I earlier thought.

The pics provided by TimF are mostly accurate.
The only difference I see is the ceramic trimmed resistor divider replaced with a epoxy coated SMD thin film resistors network and the general quality of soldering.

@blueskull
They are doing something right. If they can sell and make profits to show their investors.
And as wytnucis said, new designs don't matter. What we want is a reliable equipment.

@wytnucis
Contrary to the popular opinion, we are not stuck in any warp.
India happens to be as big a market for fluke as any EU/US market. Or for that matter Keysight. We do know about the latest technology and designs (we are more widespread than many might admit, after all it seems to be a general issue for bitching around forums that incompetent Indians steal hardworking american's jobs). As is the case with any other market, we too have segments who worry only about price, worry only about performance, about longevity , specifications etc. Our sheer population makes the percentage quite daunting.

And you sir, unfortunately chose a not appropriate example for talking about. RE has just launched a new model (the himalayan) which while it seems to be still riding on the original design has much going for it in terms of technology, design and price.

But yes, We do care a lot more about the price of a item than its value and use for us.
and we are this stupid
then....

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2016, 02:07:12 pm »
Fluke's India market isn't big enough for a mention in Danaher's annual financial report (less than 5% of sales). USA 44%, China 8% and Germany 6%. India is bunched with all other countries, accounting for the remainder.
Figures for the T&M segment quote only 20% of sales for the whole Asia/Australia region (55% for the USA and Canada, 18% for Europe).

It is good to see RE evolving, but I wouldn't call the Himalayan cutting edge. To me it looks like something out of the 70s, which is fine as I like old bikes. ;)
The frame is made in the UK, by RE's subsidiary.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 02:11:13 pm by Wytnucls »

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
  • A sociable geek chemist
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2016, 02:39:16 pm »

However, I stand corrected, the meters are 13S and not 16S as I earlier thought.

The only difference I see is the ceramic trimmed resistor divider replaced with a epoxy coated SMD thin film resistors network and the general quality of soldering.

@blueskull
They are doing something right. If they can sell and make profits to show their investors.
And as wytnucis said, new designs don't matter. What we want is a reliable equipment.

@wytnucis
India happens to be as big a market for fluke as any EU/US market. Or for that matter Keysight. We do know about the latest technology and designs (we are more widespread than many might admit, after all it seems to be a general issue for bitching around forums that incompetent Indians steal hardworking american's jobs). As is the case with any other market, we too have segments who worry only about price, worry only about performance, about longevity , specifications etc. Our sheer population makes the percentage quite daunting.

And you sir, unfortunately chose a not appropriate example for talking about. RE has just launched a new model (the himalayan) which while it seems to be still riding on the original design has much going for it in terms of technology, design and price.

But yes, We do care a lot more about the price of a item than its value and use for us.

Have Rishabh and Gossen buried the hatchet with each other? I know that Rishabh was the Indian wing due to legal reasons a la Maruti Suzuki. I won't get into a discusion on that. What I do know is that Rishabh started selling independently of Gossen and got Gossen very angry, which is why Rishabh does not have the newer Gossen models. In the end, basically Rishabh "stole" the base models from Gossen and continued to manufacture them after Gossen ended their relationship. Did they ever resolve this?
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

Offline krish2487

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2016, 04:37:07 pm »

@wytnucis
I never said cutting edge for RE.  ;)
I merely mentioned a lot of things going in its favour. A while back the original cast iron engine was replaced with a unitary construction aluminium engine and RE also launched the cafe racer. IIRC RE reported a sales growth of about 60% as on Nov 15. They have built a  new factory in Tamil Nadu to cope up for the demand but have still fallen short.

I own a couple  :D [size=78%].[/size][/size] If you haven't rode one, I suggest you do. The gentle, deep rumble of a single piston 350 CC engine with a short throw silencer is addictive to the ears. Pure automotive bliss![size=78%]

@blueskull
You will be surprised at how affordable the older chips still are in India. Continued availability of relatively old parts and affordable prices make them a sure bet for most companies. This is one of the reasons why microchip has a large market share in india. It is only recently that the throway prices of STM32 Cortex M0 processors have started attracting manufacturers. An example - LM3914 still costs approximately 15 cents in single quantities.

@pedrodagr8
AFAIK Rishab was never a indian wing. They just licensed the technology from gossen. They parted ways a while back and never got back. I think they keep selling the old models because they have a certain recall value for the general public. The new meters released seem to indicate that they have started either designing newer models themselves or have subcontracted another outfit to design it for them. A quick glance on the website has no mention of gossen anywhere except for a fleeting reference to a "german" company.

Quote from: PedroDaGr8 on Today at 01:39:16 AM

>Quote from: krish2487 on Yesterday at 11:56:36 PM

@blueskull

@wytnucis

Have Rishabh and Gossen buried the hatchet with each other? I know that Rishabh was the Indian wing due to legal reasons a la Maruti Suzuki. I won't get into a discusion on that. What I do know is that Rishabh started selling independently of Gossen and got Gossen very angry, which is why Rishabh does not have the newer Gossen models. In the end, basically Rishabh "stole" the base models from Gossen and continued to manufacture them after Gossen ended their relationship. Did they ever resolve this?

and we are this stupid
then....

Offline Vgkid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2016, 07:33:19 pm »
The 6016 doesn't look to bad. I do like the single fuse.
OT: the Lister Petter clones were pretty decent.
If you own any North Hills Electronics gear, message me. L&N Fan

Offline The Soulman

• Frequent Contributor
  • The sky is the limit!
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2016, 09:54:29 pm »
This is a bit old but I believe the Rishabh 15S is now being sold in Europe under
the HT instruments brand and by (German based) Conrad Electronics, huhmm, old model looks crap and not cheap either... :-//
Very curious what the actual deal between Rishabh and Gossen Metrawatt really is or was..  :popcorn:

https://www.conrad.de/de/hand-multimeter-digital-ht-instruments-ht410-cat-iii-1000-v-cat-iv-600-v-anzeige-counts-3100-1491937.html

https://ht-instruments.de/produkte/multimeter/ht410/

https://sigrok.org/wiki/HT_Instruments_HT410

Offline Husainbhab

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2020, 07:17:43 am »
Hi dear,
I own one of these.
I need your help. Could plese send me the part number of the part located near the blue trimmer. The part looks like a transistor but has only two legs

Offline kleiner Rainer

• Regular Contributor
  • Rainer DG1SMD JN48ts
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2020, 02:51:43 pm »
Hi Husainbhab,

you mean the MP5010GN? That is a Bandgap reference, 1.22V. Datasheet here:

http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/17424.pdf

So you could replace it with a 1.22V shunt reference like the ICL8069 or the LM285-1.2, both are still available from reputable manufacturers. Dont forget to recalibrate after replacing the reference...

Greetings,

Rainer

Offline DariuszEE

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2023, 08:19:09 pm »
Hello everyone
I would like to ask if anyone has dealt with the Rishabh Rish Multi 20 multimeter

Which DMM METRAHIT is a copy of?
Please let me know if this DMM Rishabh Rish Multi 20 is worth buying?
https://rishabh.co.in/product/120/rishmulti-20

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2023, 12:21:21 am »
@DariuszEE  you asked this same question in another thread,  this is called double posting   and sometimes it is not appreciated

i did  answered you on the other thread

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2023, 02:58:05 am »
Hello everyone
I would like to ask if anyone has dealt with the Rishabh Rish Multi 20 multimeter

(snip...)
I would very much like to see joeqsmith "deal" with that meter.   :-DMM >:D :-BROKE :P

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2023, 11:12:01 am »
Buy one and send him   lolll

Offline DariuszEE

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2023, 07:08:23 pm »
@DariuszEE  you asked this same question in another thread,  this is called double posting   and sometimes it is not appreciated

i did  answered you on the other thread

Hello everyone

(snip...)
I would very much like to see joeqsmith "deal" with that meter.   :-DMM >:D :-BROKE :P

I don't understand gentlemen
is the topic unrelated?

The answer of my friend "coromonadalix" was general, that's all I know, I expected specifics.

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2023, 07:36:12 pm »
I don't understand gentlemen
is the topic unrelated?

The answer of my friend "coromonadalix" was general, that's all I know, I expected specifics.
It is considered rude to ask the same question multiple times because it makes the people who answer feel like they're wasting their time, because someone may have already answered in the other place. And being rude is not a good strategy if you want people to help you.

If you would have liked more information, then it's best to follow up in the same thread with further questions, but keep in mind that it's possible that no one knows the answer. I don't think these meters are popular on this forum.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf