Author Topic: IFR 2399  (Read 1698 times)

Offline tiredtechTopic starter

IFR 2399
« on: August 26, 2020, 04:23:31 am »
I am looking for a MAINTENANCE manual and/or schematics for the IFR 2399 Spectrum Analyzer. I have the Operations and Programming manuals. I would prefer a PDF. I am tracing down a fault in either the Tracking Generator module (most likely), or possibly a failure in the YIG signal from the RF module feeding the TG. I do not have access to another spec analyzer at this time, especially not above the 3Ghz range. Any help/advice/half-hidden pointing fingers would be appreciated. - tiredtech

UPDATE: I understand that this unit originated from LG in Korea and was rebranded by IFR. Can anyone give me any more information? A basic scouring of the internet hasn't turned up anything about LG's test equipment or any documentations. The IFR also closely resembles the LIG NEX1 NS-30, but a search for info about LIG and it's test equipments also turned up little (except for sales pitches for new equipment) Again, any help is appreciated. - tiredtech

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
Re: IFR 2399
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 05:19:35 pm »
Owner of LIG NEX1 NS-30, don't think my post will help you much, as I've seen searching for years as well, no luck.  :-//

The only service maintenance manual I spotted is quite similar is model IFR-2398, just google for it.

Also there is a good resources in this thread below regarding Aeroflex 239x series , and including maintenance password too.  :-+

-> https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/aeroflex-ifr-2398-calibration-repair-help/

Hope this helps.

The following users thanked this post: tiredtech

Offline tiredtechTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 06:24:39 pm »
Thanks for your replay. I have seen the IFR 2398 thread also and you are right, there is a lot of insight there.

I have removed the TG-7270 module and started looking for "smoke leaks", but so far nothing obvious. Too bad detailed info is so hard to find on these SA's. They were apparently marketed under several labels. Mine was working fine and then one day the TG just stopped working. The rest of my analyzer still works fine.

I am still hopeful that someone, somewhere will have the maintenance/service info or schematics for the TG.

Thanks again and good luck to you. - tiredtech

Offline George Edmonds

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2020, 02:06:27 am »
Hi

This tread is now duplicated between Repair and Teastgear, so I am double posting my reply.

Attached is a scan of all that the 2399 maintenance manual says about the TG

George G6HIG Dover UK

The following users thanked this post: BravoV

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf