Author Topic: R&S CMU200 Reference Frequence Unlocked message during selftest  (Read 2504 times)

Offline _Wim_Topic starter

• Super Contributor
R&S CMU200 Reference Frequence Unlocked message during selftest
« on: September 27, 2015, 05:45:45 am »
Hi,

After a lot of searching for a R&S CMU200 or CRTU of recommended here on the forum, I finally found one that had the modules I wanted (I/Q-interface, option B17) and for a reasonably affordable price. Yesterday it arrived at my home.

When I run the selftest, during the test of the reference board, it briefly shows the message "reference frequency unlocked". However, it also shows "all tests passed" in the end. Is this behaviour normal, or does my unit have a problem.

Additional info: I have reset the unit to its default settings, and checked, it is configured to work with the internal reference. My unit has option B12 installed.

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
Re: R&S CMU200 Reference Frequence Unlocked message during selftest
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 06:06:17 am »
I can't for certain but I suspect that is actually part of the test - it unlocks it on purpose and then relocks again to verify its presence. I have seen Agilent perform similar tests.
VE7FM

Offline _Wim_Topic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: R&S CMU200 Reference Frequence Unlocked message during selftest
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 06:18:20 am »
That seems indeed a logical explenation. The error also isn't shown any more when I work with the unit, so probably it is indeed part of the test. That is a relief. Thanks for the feedback.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf