Author Topic: R&S FSP Spectrum Analyzer Win NT HDD Image  (Read 1072 times)

Offline Cristian2020Topic starter

R&S FSP Spectrum Analyzer Win NT HDD Image
« on: April 05, 2020, 11:56:30 pm »
Hi,

I have a R&S FSP13 spectrum analyzer that  has the HDD broken.Unfortunately  no image of the HDD has been made before this event.
The HDD is no recoverable (broken arm with extensive damage of the disks).I have try to get the help from R&S but without any luck.After searching to the forum it seams there is an image available but is for XP and this is not compatible with the current controller that i have (only 64M FRM5 AMD K6) that is only capable of running NT 4.0.Are there any good samaritan willing to share an image of his precious one?.

Thank's!
Robert

Offline wraper

• Supporter
Re: R&S FSP Spectrum Analyzer Win NT HDD Image
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 12:14:13 am »
Did try installing from here? https://www.rohde-schwarz.com/ph/firmware/fsp13/ Could be enough to install after you do windows install first. disk1.bin inside the archive is actually a disk image with setup files. EDIT And particulaly V 2.80 SP3 (appears to be main software) is much larger and contains multiple additional .cab archieve files.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 12:31:57 am by wraper »

Offline Cristian2020Topic starter

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 06:44:19 am »
The software from R&S page contains only the Firmware that operates the equipment.Is there for sw upgrades only and will not function as as stand alone (with windows installation done before). This is because the firmware does not contains the drivers necessary to access the boards inside the instrument (the PCI acq. board is not recognized ) .So, i tried this option first, on a VM to take a peek on what the sw does and install also on the real device.Because no driver exist the application will get stuck.
This is the reason why i ask about the image because i exhausted all other options!
Thank's
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 06:45:50 am by Cristian2020 »

Offline dagema

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 02:20:44 pm »
I am in the same situation with my FMR5 SFP30.  Did you find any solution yet?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf