Author Topic: RuiDeng Riden RD6006 DC power supply  (Read 367150 times)

Offline alex34

Re: RuiDeng Riden RD6006 DC power supply
« Reply #375 on: October 18, 2020, 09:39:56 am »
It would probably easier for UniSoft to add a menu option to select the function of the current GPIO pin assigned for the "power switch" (i.e switch between power switch & OC indicator) if another GPIO cant be easily accessed.

Hope, there is one more free pin, even though the wire has to be soldered directly to the MCU package. I'd prefer to keep both relay and red LED features.

PS: UniSoft, how about to align all measured digits in a column? Seems it looks more readable. See picture. I suggest to add a new menu item: 1mA/10mA resolution. Just to do such allignment.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 09:59:54 am by alex34 »

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #376 on: October 18, 2020, 09:54:47 am »
Hope, there is one more free pin...
For that functionality additional GPIO is not required at all... Can be done with single GPIO.
http://lednique.com/gpio-tricks/1-gpio-multiple-leds/

Offline alex34

« Reply #377 on: October 18, 2020, 10:04:17 am »
For that functionality additional GPIO is not required at all... Can be done with single GPIO.

Indeed. Thats a good news. Please take a look at my previous post. I was modifying it while you posted a reply :)

The following users thanked this post: nikitasius

Offline dsc5555

• Contributor
« Reply #378 on: October 18, 2020, 11:54:25 am »

Indeed. Thats a good news. Please take a look at my previous post. I was modifying it while you posted a reply :)

Thats a good idea. I guess when you make the output and input (to turn both LEDs off) you will have to tell us the combination of resistors to use as both LEDs might be on at the same time when output is "tri-state" :P

The other option is you can use the single wire addressable RGB LED (WS2812B), but you will need to make sure that you can send the burst of pulses (uninterrupted).

Thanks for you work and listening to ideas :)

Offline ICTAvatar

« Reply #379 on: October 18, 2020, 12:24:35 pm »
NVVV S-800-70 (800W / 70V = ~11.4A) Replacing noise fan

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #380 on: October 18, 2020, 12:44:44 pm »
I guess when you make the output and input (to turn both LEDs off) you will have to tell us the combination of resistors to use as both LEDs might be on at the same time when output is "tri-state" :P
On a 3.3 V device the voltage wouldn’t be high enough to illuminate both LEDs significantly so they would appear dark.
Resistance is not critical: something in range 2KΩ ... 2.4KΩ

1. CC/CV indicator doesn't look readable enough. Can you replace it with a green/red circle, like LED?
And by the way, here is a small bug...
In stock firmware in CC mode background of icon becomes RED (while I'am changing foreground to RED),
so I will fix it next version
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 01:41:37 pm by UniSoft »

Offline dsc5555

• Contributor
« Reply #381 on: October 19, 2020, 02:32:14 am »

On a 3.3 V device the voltage wouldn’t be high enough to illuminate both LEDs significantly so they would appear dark.
Resistance is not critical: something in range 2KΩ ... 2.4KΩ
I guess if there is a slight illumination of both LEDs when off, I could add a diode in series with the lowest Vfd LED (and adjust the resistor). This would compensate if required :)

Offline izeman

• Contributor
« Reply #382 on: October 22, 2020, 05:01:57 pm »
Maybe someone can enlighten me. I read through the whole thread but i can't find out how to go to the second setup menu. I can only see SHIFT + MENU, but no idea where to set colors and fonts etc ...
Thanks

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #383 on: October 22, 2020, 06:00:00 pm »
I read through the whole thread but i can't find out how to go to the second setup menu. I can only see SHIFT + MENU, but no idea where to set colors and fonts etc ...
Menu Home (Home pictogram).
click: SHIFT -> MENU -> RIGHT -> UP (or list BOTTOM)

The following users thanked this post: izeman

Offline RRacer

« Reply #384 on: October 22, 2020, 09:30:22 pm »
Hi all, I just found this thread and haven't read through all 400 posts, so forgive me if this has already been posted.

First, UniSoft - truly awesome work!
I can't help but read your replies with a russian villain voice in my head, like in a Bond movie.  ;D

In post #280 you asked for a "good small embeddable power supply".
I've used these with good results: HLK-PMx.
If it's just there to power some logic an a small relay I think it would be fine.
My 2 cents.

Offline hugburger

« Reply #385 on: October 23, 2020, 08:44:19 am »
Do you need the CR1220 for the RTC to get the wifi to work? I can't get it to pair (RD6012)

Wifi module led flashes when powered on but have confirmed it's not broadcasting with a wifi scanner

Offline bateau020

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #386 on: October 23, 2020, 05:06:36 pm »
Do you need the CR1220 for the RTC to get the wifi to work?

No, that is independent. The battery is only for the RTC. You can run WiFi without that.

WiFi is sketchy. Haven't succeeded in making it work via iPhone, but via an old android tablet it worked. The WiFi (edit)setup method of operations(/edit) is rather non standard: it wants to connect to the "host" address (the mobile device + app) used at init time.
There are mods around for making the wifi feature more useful, like https://community.home-assistant.io/t/riden-rd6006-dc-power-supply-ha-support-wifi/163849.
You can also look at the discussion here some time back: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/ruideng-riden-rd6006-dc-power-supply/225/
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 08:56:09 pm by bateau020 »

Offline hugburger

« Reply #387 on: October 23, 2020, 06:32:49 pm »
No, that is independent. The battery is only for the RTC. You can run WiFi without that.

Ok good to know, thanks

The WiFi setup is rather non standard: it wants to connect to the "host" address (the mobile device + app) used at init time.

Sorry I should have been more clear. I can confirm that the ESP8266 is not broadcasting, so it is impossible for pc or phone to send the setup information to the device. Clearly my module is faulty

FYI this method is used in many devices to set up wifi. I wouldn't call it non standard at all

Offline bateau020

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #388 on: October 23, 2020, 08:21:04 pm »
Sure, the method you mention (which is indeed the method used here AFAIK), is used to set up many devices indeed. I have also used it in my products. However:
1) this device, when non-configured, sets up a hidden SSID. So depending on the method you use, you might not be able to see it. It is to that SSID the mobile app connects to, to set your AP's SSID/pwd (and more). So far so good. The non standard part comes here:
2) I was referring to the method used once the init has been successfully done at least once, so after the configuration of the SSID by the mobile app. The fact that it wants to reconnect to the exact IP address that the device that did the configuration had at config time, is rather non standard I would say. To be explicit, the IP address shown at startup (once the setup is done), is NOT the Riden's IP address (that will be via DHCP), but the address it wants to connect to, the address of the device that configured it. You can imagine the potential problems with that. Many people report having to redo the setup from time to time, as can be expected.
BTW, My phrasing above was a bit condensed, with a bad choice of the word "setup", where I should have used "method of operations". I understand the confusion. Edited.

If the module is faulty however, it appears (I have not checked, but see the pages in this thread I referred to) the ESP8266 is a regular non-reprogrammed ESP8266 12-F, using the standard firmware many come with. And if your replacement doesn't work, the stock firmware can be found on those pages as well.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 08:58:55 pm by bateau020 »

Offline izeman

• Contributor
« Reply #389 on: October 27, 2020, 04:51:40 pm »
I read through the whole thread but i can't find out how to go to the second setup menu. I can only see SHIFT + MENU, but no idea where to set colors and fonts etc ...
Thanks. I feel really stupid, but I still can't solve it.
I press Shift+Menu. It brings me to the screen where there are four symbols on the bottom. Settings, Home, Disk and Info.
I press RIGHT. The HOME symbol turns RED, and I see a screen with the actual layout in yellow, and the osci-type layout in white. If I know press UP - nothing happens. If I press ENTER is turns RED, but then I can do nothing else.
I'm lost ;)

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #390 on: October 27, 2020, 05:37:14 pm »
Thanks. I feel really stupid, but I still can't solve it.
I press Shift+Menu. It brings me to the screen where there are four symbols on the bottom. Settings, Home, Disk and Info.
I press RIGHT. The HOME symbol turns RED, and I see a screen with the actual layout in yellow, and the osci-type layout in white. If I know press UP - nothing happens. If I press ENTER is turns RED, but then I can do nothing else.
I'm lost ;)
Stock firmware doesn't have that functionality!
You need flash custom firmware...

Offline izeman

• Contributor
« Reply #391 on: October 27, 2020, 06:06:35 pm »
Of course. I just checked and it shows Firmware: V1.32, and it's your mod flashed.
Maybe I did something wrong. I will reflash.

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #392 on: October 27, 2020, 06:09:12 pm »
Of course. I just checked and it shows Firmware: V1.32, and it's your mod flashed.
readme.txt
RD60062_V1.32.x.bin - my custom firmware. (where x - is the build number (sub-version))
RD60062_V1.32.bin   - original (stock) firmware.

The following users thanked this post: atta40

Offline izeman

• Contributor
« Reply #393 on: October 27, 2020, 06:13:42 pm »
readme.txt
RD60062_V1.32.x.bin - my custom firmware. (where x - is the build number (sub-version))
RD60062_V1.32.bin   - original (stock) firmware.
Yeah :) My fault. Seems I flashed back the original firmware ;) Sorry for the hassle. All working fine now. Thanks

Offline atta40

« Reply #394 on: October 28, 2020, 06:06:28 pm »
Dear Unisoft

"CC/CV indicator doesn't look readable enough"

I ask you:

My idea is : Could it be written in the firmware an extra function , that in CC mode there is an "H" level on an output (in CV mode "L" level) to control an external RED led on one of the CPU unused port , or the either pin on J2 connector ?

THX
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 06:15:56 pm by atta40 »

The following users thanked this post: alex34

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #395 on: November 03, 2020, 01:07:35 pm »
"CC/CV indicator doesn't look readable enough"
I comment it already...
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/ruideng-riden-rd6006-dc-power-supply/msg3283822/#msg3283822

My idea is : Could it be written in the firmware an extra function , that in CC mode there is an "H" level on an output (in CV mode "L" level) to control an external RED led on one of the CPU unused port , or the either pin on J2 connector ?
There is only one unused GPIO... not connected pin...
And I am already planing to install RED LED under ON/OFF button...
Actually I already mount an LED (it is easy, cut the track, and drill the hole), but still not decide where exactly to connect (it will depends on initial state of GPIO).
I am not at home now (working in another city), and don't have RD with me, maybe go back home after 2 weeks...
Then can continue my work on firmware...

« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 01:18:38 pm by UniSoft »

Offline dougg

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #396 on: November 03, 2020, 06:00:30 pm »
Slightly off topic ... recently received a RD6018 with box and 800 Watt power slab. Does the RD6018 run the same firmware as the RD6006?

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #397 on: November 03, 2020, 06:07:57 pm »
Slightly off topic ... recently received a RD6018 with box and 800 Watt power slab. Does the RD6018 run the same firmware as the RD6006?
Not the same! Different!
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/ruideng-riden-rd6006-dc-power-supply/msg3250206/#msg3250206

The following users thanked this post: all_repair

Offline dougg

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #398 on: November 09, 2020, 03:09:56 pm »
Thanks for the pointer. I have loaded up your RD6018  1.33.1 firmware and so far so good. It still claims to be "1.33" but the screen looks different and at start-up the quick green scan through the bottom left row of buttons is new. If I find any issues I will report back.

Offline giunta.gio

« Reply #399 on: November 10, 2020, 08:21:52 pm »
Hi unisoft i really like your firmware, it made ruideng RD series a very good and usable power supply.
I tried the firmware of RD6006, RD6012 and RD6018 all beautiful and functional, I would be very happy if it was possible to insert the support to have these two additional functions  ;D ;D ;D :
- via a pin the remote on / off control of the power supply configurable as a pulse for switching on and off, as logic level 1 for on, or logic level 0 for on  8) .
   I could produce the wiring diagram with optocoupler to fit the pin input
- SCPI support even only for on / off and reading of main parameters 8) .
thanks greetings to all  :) :) :)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 12:18:16 pm by giunta.gio »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf