Author Topic: RuiDeng Riden RD6006 DC power supply  (Read 373254 times)

Offline TVHD

Re: RuiDeng Riden RD6006 DC power supply
« Reply #625 on: February 23, 2021, 12:42:13 pm »
Yes, My Bad.   It Should be 'Deutsch'        (This is kind of embarrassing ... My wife is German  |O)
Not really bad, because translation of "My wife is German" is "Meine Ehefrau ist Deutsche" :)

Offline 999cgm

• Contributor
« Reply #626 on: February 23, 2021, 06:46:00 pm »
Hi,

Did anyone notice RD60XX lockups with wifi turned on (and in use)? I even got on latest unisoft firmware and also in the past.Not sure how we can debug this..

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #627 on: February 23, 2021, 07:03:20 pm »
Did anyone notice RD60XX lockups with wifi turned on (and in use)? I even got on latest unisoft firmware and also in the past.Not sure how we can debug this..
Do you mean keypad locked?
this is normal behavior, same as in stock firmware.
If you don't want it, I made an option "Skip keys lock"

Offline 999cgm

• Contributor
« Reply #628 on: February 23, 2021, 07:32:38 pm »
Unisoft: no.. I mean full system lock, does not react to any key(with Skip keys lock enabled ) or via wifi..
UniSoft: are the read/write calls to ESP module blocking? I suspect this wifi ESP module is freezing and this in turn freezes the system.
Are you able to do something like: if you do not get a response in 5seconds from the module.. reset it from STM side?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 08:44:15 am by 999cgm »

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #629 on: February 24, 2021, 07:45:23 pm »
UniSoft: are the read/write calls to ESP module blocking?
non blocking... just a simple UART...

Offline 999cgm

• Contributor
« Reply #630 on: February 25, 2021, 07:20:42 am »
Unisoft: then any clue what would freeze the RD6XXX device? I never seen it freeze without wifi in use..

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #631 on: February 25, 2021, 05:19:26 pm »
Unisoft: then any clue what would freeze the RD6XXX device? I never seen it freeze without wifi in use..
Have no idea...
All that you have written is "full system lock" and "freeze", this is not enough at all, even for guess.
Is there anything on the display? Is there any activity?
Is there a reaction at least to the Power button?
How about stock firmware?
A more detailed description of the problem is needed.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 01:33:10 am by UniSoft »

Offline ptluis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #632 on: February 25, 2021, 05:29:32 pm »
Unisoft: no.. I mean full system lock, does not react to any key(with Skip keys lock enabled ) or via wifi..
UniSoft: are the read/write calls to ESP module blocking? I suspect this wifi ESP module is freezing and this in turn freezes the system.
Are you able to do something like: if you do not get a response in 5seconds from the module.. reset it from STM side?

I think you should upload a video for us to see and try to replicate the problem

Offline sunkmail

• Contributor
« Reply #633 on: February 25, 2021, 06:19:17 pm »
Hi Everyone,

I'm a little later than I hoped, but here is a link to a new thread with the Reference Document for RD60xx units running UniSoft's Custom Firmware that I've been putting together:

custom firmware reference document for Riden RD60xx power supplies

Feedback encouraged!  :)

Cheers
RD60xx Custom Firmware Reference HERE, Or the Thread about it HERE.

The following users thanked this post: Cliff Matthews, ledtester, UniSoft, trazor, fmsat10, d_a_b

Offline 999cgm

• Contributor
« Reply #634 on: February 26, 2021, 06:54:33 am »
So the problem manifsest with screen not showing anymore changes , is not reacting to any key, while DC convertor still running and outputs current.
The only way to restore control is to unplug the DC source.
I've seen this on both stock and custom firmware .
Is happen rarely.

Not sure what we will see on the video.. is not going to share anything more then what I've just explained about.
Strange that this was not seen,maybe not many uses the wifi feature ..

Offline bateau020

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #635 on: February 26, 2021, 07:18:29 am »
in order to reproduce, some more info would be needed, like:

* which program do you use on the other end of the wifi link
* what actions do you do on that program
* what is the wifi quality

And when the RD user interface locks, does it still regulate properly (meaning: adapts output voltage and current correctly according to load), or is also the regulation stuck?

Offline 999cgm

• Contributor
« Reply #636 on: February 26, 2021, 08:07:59 am »
Well I use both the Android APP and the python code (that uses modbus module) .
Wifi was/is usable . Maybe there is a connection around that. I will have to try replicate it today.
Last lockup(which was using the lasted custom firmware)  was without anything done, opening APP and I was monitoring the voltage that RD6006 is sensing...  (to see when a battery goes below a certian value)
I do not think Dc-Dc convertor is still ajusting when the freeze happens. Again I will have to try catch the next freeze.

OK I started a continous polling of the RD6006 from python and in the same time I'm capturing the network packets. Will see how that goes..

At Input right now I'm having a solar panel and output some LiIon.

Input: 19.09V # Output: 18.26V # 45.86W # 2.511A # 31C # 18C
 Input: 19.09V # Output: 18.26V # 45.86W # 2.511A # 31C # 18C
 Input: 19.10V # Output: 18.26V # 45.88W # 2.512A # 31C # 18C
 Input: 19.10V # Output: 18.26V # 45.89W # 2.513A # 31C # 18C
 Input: 19.09V # Output: 18.26V # 45.89W # 2.513A # 31C # 18C

.py code (using modbus module.combined with a socat that simulates a usb connection)
    while True:
            time.sleep(.5)
            regs = [1,1,1,1,1 ] + self._read_registers(5, 31)
            print(f" Input: {regs[14]/100:.2f}V # Output: {regs[10]/100:.2f}V # {regs[13]/100:.2f}W # {regs[11]/1000:.3f}A # {regs[5]}C # {regs[35]}C" )

no freezes today .. I will have to check with lowering wifi signal .
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 02:37:22 pm by 999cgm »

Offline ptluis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #637 on: February 26, 2021, 08:25:08 pm »
Not sure what we will see on the video.. is not going to share anything more then what I've just explained about.
Strange that this was not seen,maybe not many uses the wifi feature ..

I own two RD6006 modules and use them 80% of time with wifi ON, android App and never experienced a problem like what you describe. The reason I'm asking for a video is to find something that I'm not doing that you are, so that I can replicate the problem and check if both of my units show the same problem.

Offline LeviHB

« Reply #638 on: February 27, 2021, 05:17:41 pm »
Thanks for this custom firmware UniSoft. But is there somewhere I can see all of the features including the links to the latest firmware and tools, and a full list of changes etc?

It's really a mess trying to look through a huge forum thread trying to piece together all the different bits of information. Why not make a git for it? Because looking through a messy forum thread for it feels very 2005 internet, and not in a good way.

Offline dougg

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #639 on: February 27, 2021, 05:47:35 pm »
Thanks for this custom firmware UniSoft. But is there somewhere I can see all of the features including the links to the latest firmware and tools, and a full list of changes etc?

It's really a mess trying to look through a huge forum thread trying to piece together all the different bits of information. Why not make a git for it? Because looking through a messy forum thread for it feels very 2005 internet, and not in a good way.

Hi,
You only needed to go back about 5 posts to see sunkmail announce:

> I'm a little later than I hoped, but here is a link to a new thread with the Reference Document for RD60xx units running UniSoft's
> Custom Firmware that I've been putting together:
>
> https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/custom-firmware-reference-document-for-riden-rd60xx-power-supplies/
>
> Feedback encouraged!  :)

Please visit that thread.

The following users thanked this post: LeviHB

Offline bateau020

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #640 on: March 02, 2021, 05:31:46 pm »
@unisoft (or anyone else), I would like to use the ORP delay setting for -dv/dt charging on NiMH. (this is for sunkmail's manual, I'm writing the section on charging methods)

I cannot really confirm if -dv/dt detection can work correctly with the RD60xx on "m" firmware.

-dv/dt looks at the terminal voltage, all while in CC mode. The terminal voltage is slowly rising during charging, followed by a lowering when the battery is full. 

On the "m" firmware, I must set a limit (ORP set), plus a delay (ORP delay).

And, I cannot confirm it completely, but it seems to me that

1) the ORP delay only counts down when the battery apparent resistance (terminal voltage / charge current) is below the ORP set.
2) no matter the terminal voltage, the counter counts down.

.. which would make it unsuited for (-dv/dt < 0) detections. Especially the last part. The first part is not that important, as most batteries are below the max possible: 10 ohm. Just need to set the limit to the max.

Hard to test, as there are no ORP clues on the screen.

Is my understanding correct?
(sorry, haven't gone through the russian forum where the answer probably can be found)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 06:13:55 pm by bateau020 »

Offline Dos9570

• Contributor
« Reply #641 on: March 07, 2021, 10:55:46 pm »
Wow! Thanks for the Great effort!
Only one Issue so far. I have not been able to use the "Graph mode only" Controls described in 13.1
when I try to use these, none of the mentioned functions work. Which even makes sense considering that "SHIFT+ ARROW DOWN" is mentioned twice, with two different functions. (p. 49;50 refence by Sunkmail)
And I believe that creating more Sub-Menus/Tabs in The settings, would tidy it up. It's not very intuitiv to scroll down in the Power Settings, and arrive at the Display setting. Just like it already is with the Battery Settings Tab.
And Thanks again for the Great Great Work!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 11:25:21 pm by Dos9570 »

Offline sunkmail

• Contributor
« Reply #642 on: March 08, 2021, 08:11:44 am »
Wow! Thanks for the Great effort!
Only one Issue so far. I have not been able to use the "Graph mode only" Controls described in 13.1
when I try to use these, none of the mentioned functions work. Which even makes sense considering that "SHIFT+ ARROW DOWN" is mentioned twice, with two different functions. (p. 49;50 refence by Sunkmail)
And I believe that creating more Sub-Menus/Tabs in The settings, would tidy it up. It's not very intuitiv to scroll down in the Power Settings, and arrive at the Display setting. Just like it already is with the Battery Settings Tab.
And Thanks again for the Great Great Work!

Hi Dos,

(Probably best to comment on the document in the document thread to keep this one tidier.  :))

Did you check out Section 16. Graph Display - Detailed Explanation?

I have no control over how the menus are arranged. 
        If you have a suggestion, best to give a detail description (and images/drawings/whatever) to UniSoft and see if he can/will make the change.

However, in Section 9. 'Global Menu Pages' it does give a breakdown of where each option resides within the menus. 

As for “SHIFT”+ “▼”  doing different things ... it depends on where you're starting from.  If you are in the "Graph (View) Mode) it resets the offset, if you are anywhere else, it will open the 'Quick Settings Menu'.   (I think - I don't have my unit in front of me to confirm)

Edit - Was an error on the document there, sorry.   “SHIFT”+ “▼” should be  “MEM”+ “▼”  in that section.
                                It will be corrected in the next document release.   (Probably soon)

I'll try to make the graphing command descriptions clearer on a future edit.

Hope that Helps.

Prost!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 08:19:06 am by sunkmail »
RD60xx Custom Firmware Reference HERE, Or the Thread about it HERE.

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #643 on: March 08, 2021, 04:58:00 pm »
What exactly not working?
Select "Graph" layout...
Click on ENCODER selects what parameter (V, I, W, t) to change (you can see it bootom under graph), while selected parameter, you can use UP/DOWN to change Y offset, or click MEM then (UP or DOWN) to reset Y.

Offline ptluis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #644 on: March 15, 2021, 08:48:46 pm »
hello where can I download RDScreenDumper version 1.3? any link? Thank you

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #645 on: March 16, 2021, 07:36:56 am »
hello where can I download RDScreenDumper version 1.3? any link? Thank you
v1.2 the latest one...

v1.3 is my development version still have no changes compare to v1.2,
actually I don't know what else can be implemented there.
If anyone have any ideas, let me know.

The following users thanked this post: ptluis

Offline archil

• Contributor
« Reply #646 on: March 16, 2021, 08:00:34 am »
has anyone checked pulsations of this DC power supply? how current limiting works? (overshoot and etc.) I don't have oscilloscope and can not check it.

Offline ElektroHS

• Contributor
« Reply #647 on: March 16, 2021, 11:41:20 am »
Anyone found the good replacement of S800-65 for RD6012? I tried to check brands like MeanWell etc... but didn't see something suitable for good price. Looking for Quality/Price

Offline bateau020

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #648 on: March 18, 2021, 06:50:51 pm »
Anyone wanting to be able to use shrouded/sheathed plugs, they can use the EZ-hook 9280 or 9406 (which is a pair of 9280). They fit close to perfectly, just need to remove 0.1mm from the collet and slightly widen a hole in the plastic retainer.

That way you can have shrouded + "normal" + binding post use.

Just a shame they come only in black and red (and a shame I had no more green heat shrink left).

Rep to https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/binding-posts-that-accept-shrouded-4mm-plugs/msg3497136/#msg3497136

Edit: uploaded a better image of the comparison.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 05:21:05 am by bateau020 »

The following users thanked this post: dougg, trmntr

Offline dougg

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #649 on: March 18, 2021, 09:45:18 pm »
Anyone wanting to be able to use shrouded/sheathed plugs, they can use the EZ-hook 9280 or 9406 (which is a pair of 9280). They fit close to perfectly, just need to remove 0.1mm from the collet and slightly widen a hole in the plastic retainer.

That way you can have shrouded + "normal" + binding post use.

Just a shame they come only in black and red (and a shame I had no more green heat shrink left).

Rep to https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/binding-posts-that-accept-shrouded-4mm-plugs/msg3497136/#msg3497136

Can't quite see from the jpeg, do they have a hole in them that will take around 18 AWG wire, like the Ruideng supplied ones? Also do they screw all the way off or not (the original ones don't screw off). I had some 12 AWG multi-strand wire that I wanted to connect to this PS. I ended up using a short length of solid core ~ 18 AWG copper wire (as used in some house wiring) and a lot of solder so the solid core copper protruded from 12 AWG wire and that went in the hole. I doubt whether the posts that Ruideng supply on the RD6018 are rated for 18 Amps (or their rating is too close for comfort), or perhaps only with the spade connectors (loose) that Ruideng supply.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf