Author Topic: RuiDeng Riden RD6006 DC power supply  (Read 367163 times)

Offline diogoc

• Contributor
Re: RuiDeng Riden RD6006 DC power supply
« Reply #300 on: September 11, 2020, 03:26:55 pm »
sure possible.
What do you want to see there? Note It can't fit more than 6 lines.
If there is only 6 lines the user can't select more than 6 values at a time.
You could add the Vbat, temp, I-off, T-off, Ah, Wh.

Could be. But what for? Font (8x16) anyway will not be bigger.
Just to increase the font. It is dificult to read from some distance.

I have previously asked a question about the behavior of M0.
I asked what is better, to restore the last selected/active memory cell after restarting the power supply,
or when choosing a memory cell, simply copy its values to M0. People preferred copying.
If people prefer like that you can leave.
There is a write to flash/eeprom each time a new value is selected? Can't that reduce the lifetime of the memory?

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #301 on: September 11, 2020, 04:12:29 pm »
You could add the Vbat, temp, I-off, T-off, Ah, Wh.
OK

Just to increase the font. It is dificult to read from some distance.
There are full fonts: 8x16 and 12x24 (full ansi set)
And reduced fonts (only digits and few letters VAW...): 16x28, 32x64
8x16 is used now for table (also parameters in Layout 2), 12x24 used for menu.
There is no enough space to increase the font (maybe few pixels only, what really will not make it more readable). 

There is a write to flash/eeprom each time a new value is selected?
Yes, each time...

Can't that reduce the lifetime of the memory?
Yes, it will reduce the lifetime of the memory...
But that is FRAM (Ferroelectric Random Access Memory): MB85RC04V
Read/write endurance: 1012 times/byte.
So even if you will change settings 1000000 times per day, you can do it more than 2700 years  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: diogoc, Cliff Matthews

Offline diogoc

• Contributor
« Reply #302 on: September 11, 2020, 06:29:28 pm »
With the "Take out" option disabled the output should keep the last state, but it always turn off the output.

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #303 on: September 12, 2020, 12:28:57 pm »
With the "Take out" option disabled the output should keep the last state, but it always turn off the output.
The behavior of this option is as it is, I have not changed anything here at all.

Offline tppc

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #304 on: September 13, 2020, 09:15:47 pm »
Hi there,

I spent a couple of hours testing the last firmware for RD6006 V1.32.11. (I did not test the earlier versions)
First of all, congratulations, great job!
Here is my review :

1. As for me, you could remove Layout 0, since Layout 1 does the same and it is user configurable.
(just my two cents  ;D)

2. When Output voltage is set over 40V (with 1V hysteresis) the fan is forced ON, even with no load  ???

3. Some french translations could be improved.
Could we use an xml language file to customize texts?

4. BTW, I also updated the PC software to version 1.0.0.8.
The previous version had an xml file for each language (not sure it did use it though). Version 1.0.0.8 doesn't include these files.
Does anybody know if there is a way to customize the texts?

5. The sequencial LED test at startup is funny, but the sequence should definitely NOT include the |ON/OFF| button because at power ON,   
one might think that the output is briefly turned ON and OFF, which is not the case, but I get a heart attack each time!  :palm:

6. Let me tell you that you really did a very nice job!  :-+
I love the added functions
- Color selection (allows to select 1 color for Volts, 1 for Amps etc...)  :-+
- Layout selection using < > keys,  :-+
- Alternate display on status line was really annoying, plus temperature reading in °C and F didn't make any sense!
- Power button LED brightness in standby mode (the slow blinking was annoying)  :-+
- Option "Save Mult." is very handy.  :-+
- Option "Mem Hint" is handy too  :-+
- Battery charging cut off current setting is great!  :-+

Thanks for sharing your work.
 Regards.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 10:34:39 pm by tppc »

The following users thanked this post: UniSoft

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #305 on: September 14, 2020, 12:22:51 am »
1. As for me, you could remove Layout 0, since Layout 1 does the same and it is user configurable.
(just my two cents  ;D)
This is a standard layout and does not interfere too much.
Let it be...  :)

2. When Output voltage is set over 40V (with 1V hysteresis) the fan is forced ON, even with no load  ???
Yes it is.
If temperature >45C or Voltage >40V or Current >4A, then turn on the fun...
If the temperature is above 45°С, or the current is above 4A, or the voltage is above 40V, then the fan turns on.
The developers decided so.
But in RD6012, the voltage check was removed.

3. Some french translations could be improved.
Could we use an xml language file to customize texts?
No.
I didn't spend time for translating, only English.
But if necessary, you can send me a text file with English text and its translation...
Just try to keep the text as short as possible, and without special characters.
This also applies to other languages. So if anyone wants to help with translation, please also write to PM (or e-mail).
Note: the character set is very limited (see attach) :(
Also, if anyone knows a good font 12x24 and 8x16, please let me know.

4. BTW, I also updated the PC software to version 1.0.0.8.
The previous version had an xml file for each language (not sure it did use it though). Version 1.0.0.8 doesn't include these files.
Does anybody know if there is a way to customize the texts?
That files was never used...
All strings are hardcoded in software.

5. The sequencial LED test at startup is funny, but the sequence should definitely NOT include the |ON/OFF| button because at power ON,   
one might think that the output is briefly turned ON and OFF, which is not the case, but I get a heart attack each time!  :palm:
OK, will change...

The following users thanked this post: tppc

Offline TLA

« Reply #306 on: September 14, 2020, 01:10:31 pm »
I'm a bit of an electronic novice so bare with me if this is a basic question.  I charged my 10S5P ebike battery pack with the charging function, I did it slowly at 1A and had the cutoff voltage set to 42v, however when I returned hours later the output voltage was 65V but 0.02A.    I'm worried it might have cooked my battery pack.  After I unplugged it I measured my battery and it measured 41.5 so it seems OK.  My question is, why would the out put voltage be so high?  Since the current was quite low should I just not worry about it?

Offline tppc

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #307 on: September 14, 2020, 01:51:17 pm »
Hi there,
But if necessary, you can send me a text file with English text and its translation...
Just try to keep the text as short as possible, and without special characters.
This also applies to other languages. So if anyone wants to help with translation, please also write to PM (or e-mail).

I am working, on the text file,
- is there a maximum lenght for the strings? 16 characters, maybe?

Regards.

Offline tppc

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #308 on: September 14, 2020, 02:03:46 pm »
Hi there,

I'm a bit of an electronic novice so bare with me if this is a basic question.  I charged my 10S5P ebike battery pack with the charging function, I did it slowly at 1A and had the cutoff voltage set to 42v, however when I returned hours later the output voltage was 65V but 0.02A.    I'm worried it might have cooked my battery pack.  After I unplugged it I measured my battery and it measured 41.5 so it seems OK.  My question is, why would the out put voltage be so high?  Since the current was quite low should I just not worry about it?

(Attachment Link)

This does not make any sense, looks like the firmware has somehow crashed... - or - your RD6006 output is fried... - or - ... I don't know  :-//
1. The satus bar shows CC mode although the actual current shows 21 mA while set to 1.000 A :o
2. Output voltage shows 65.13V when set to 42.00 V plus OVP set to 42.10 V  :o
3. Output Voltage is normally limited to 61 V  :o

- Did you connect your battery pack to the Red terminal before moving it to the Green one?
If so, maybe you killed the output MOSFET...

- Did you test your RD6006 with a "passive" load (12 V halogen light bulb for example...)?

- Are you running the stock firmware?
If using Unisoft firmware, what is the value of Vbat on Layout 2?

Regards
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 02:22:34 pm by tppc »

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #309 on: September 14, 2020, 04:22:21 pm »
- is there a maximum lenght for the strings? 16 characters, maybe?
sure
ex, menu: "Name"  "Value"
for the Name max 14 characters, for Value - 10

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #310 on: September 14, 2020, 04:40:50 pm »

I'am sure that FUSE F1 is dead...

Offline tppc

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #311 on: September 14, 2020, 05:11:47 pm »
Hi there,
here is the csv file for French language.

Regards.

The following users thanked this post: UniSoft

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #312 on: September 14, 2020, 05:45:55 pm »
1. The satus bar shows CC mode although the actual current shows 21 mA while set to 1.000 A :o
Firmware have a bug with display CC, when output voltage over 90% from input...
described on previous page...
Will be fixed in update.

There is a LED connected in parallel with a fuse... So if fuse is dead the voltage will go over resistor and LED
While voltage feedback connected after the fuse, so in case of dead fuse internal logic will try to increase output voltage...
This behavior can see in video from this post:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/ruideng-riden-rd6006-dc-power-supply/msg3209726/#msg3209726

« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 07:28:13 pm by UniSoft »

The following users thanked this post: Andrew_Debbie, tppc

Offline TLA

« Reply #313 on: September 15, 2020, 03:08:40 am »
Hi there,

(Attachment Link)

This does not make any sense, looks like the firmware has somehow crashed... - or - your RD6006 output is fried... - or - ... I don't know  :-//
3. Output Voltage is normally limited to 61 V  :o

- Did you connect your battery pack to the Red terminal before moving it to the Green one?
If so, maybe you killed the output MOSFET...

- Did you test your RD6006 with a "passive" load (12 V halogen light bulb for example...)?

- Are you running the stock firmware?
If using Unisoft firmware, what is the value of Vbat on Layout 2?

Regards

I'm sorry I didn't notice your question until after I messed around with it for a bit.  I am and was running Unisoft firmware, I don't recall having the battery pack on the red terminal, maybe I did, I just don't recall.  I had not tested with a passive load.

Since running into this issue, every time I turn on the output, the voltage jumped up to 60+ volts.

So I did notice something else weird.  V-Set was set to 642v! It didn't display all 3 digits that on the little screen 1067048-0 but it did show up in the PC software 1067052-1.

I tried changing the V-Set from the PC software and it would go back to 642v
I tried powering everything off/on, did the same thing.
I tried flashing to the latest firmware 1.32.11, still did the same thing.
I tried resetting to factory defaults ( '0' while powering on), still did the same thing.

I then, from the panel, changed the V-Set from 42v to something else and back again and that seems to have fixed my problem.  I have not tested the battery charge function yet, however it's showing (and outputting) the correct voltage now.

Thanks for everyone's tips.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 03:11:52 am by TLA »

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #314 on: September 15, 2020, 04:54:01 am »
So I did notice something else weird.  V-Set was set to 642v! It didn't display all 3 digits that on the little screen but it did show up in the PC software.
I tried flashing to the latest firmware 1.32.11, still did the same thing.
I tried resetting to factory defaults ( '0' while powering on), still did the same thing.
I then, from the panel, changed the V-Set from 42v to something else and back again and that seems to have fixed my problem.  I have not tested the battery charge function yet, however it's showing (and outputting) the correct voltage now.
I guess the voltage value in EEPROM was damaged... Due to non stable power or power off while writing... so this is possible.
1. Reflash doesn't clear settings...
2. Reset to factory defaults ( '0' while powering on), do not restore memory settings! Maybe I should add it? Also, there is no validation of values (add it now).
When you changed the V-Set, it rewrites the value in EEPROM...

The following users thanked this post: TLA

Offline trazor

• Contributor
« Reply #315 on: September 15, 2020, 06:11:02 am »
@Unisoft I'm left-handed and it happened two times already that I hit the Power button while pressing shift. Can you add a feature to turn off the unit only after pressing power button for 3 seconds (or configurable time)? Also, if this displays a message similar to the lock message like 'Press Power button for 3 seconds to turn off" it will be great. Thank you! Also, can you add Tetris?  :-DD

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #316 on: September 15, 2020, 06:23:30 am »
@Unisoft I'm left-handed and it happened two times already that I hit the Power button while pressing shift. Can you add a feature to turn off the unit only after pressing power button for 3 seconds (or configurable time)?
Definitely not. The keys are controlled by a separate IC TM1650. Аnd this IC does not support long press or key combinations.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 06:26:01 am by UniSoft »

Offline trazor

• Contributor
« Reply #317 on: September 15, 2020, 07:28:14 am »
Ok. That is not a problem at all. Can you make the power button display something like 'Deactivate output to unlock power off'  and block the power off until power output is disabled?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 07:30:50 am by trazor »

Offline TLA

« Reply #318 on: September 15, 2020, 01:01:46 pm »
I guess the voltage value in EEPROM was damaged... Due to non stable power or power off while writing... so this is possible.
1. Reflash doesn't clear settings...
2. Reset to factory defaults ( '0' while powering on), do not restore memory settings! Maybe I should add it? Also, there is no validation of values (add it now).
When you changed the V-Set, it rewrites the value in EEPROM...

One more thing I just noticed, the OVP was also set to 642 volts.  Changed it successfully from the front panel.

Offline danosimo

« Reply #319 on: September 21, 2020, 11:15:22 pm »
@Unisoft, I've been testing with an RD6012W and I can confirm that WIFI works just fine, the PC software can control just as it did with the original firmware. As I had the WIFI configuration already set from original firmware, it continued to work just fine.  Even after resetting defaults via "0" press at bootup and flashing back to stock firmware.

One thing you provably already know is that the current readings on the RD6012W are way off, I imagine due to the fact that firmware is meant for 6A unit. Can you confirm?

Equally the max AMP setting for RD6012 is set to 6.2A rather than 12A, so is there a version available (or plans to release) a 12A version of your firmware?

I have also tried flashing back from PC App and from boot mode ("enter" key while powered) back and forth. Going back to original firmware requires reset setting otherwise weird things start to happen.....

As it has been said many times on this threat, BRAVO! Excellent work and excellent contribution to all of us here, very thankful we are indeed. Hopefully this kindness will be returned to you along the way.....

Offline Mr.B

• Supporter
« Reply #320 on: September 22, 2020, 05:02:26 am »
UniSoft posted firmware for RD6012 in post #294 of this thread.
I approach the thinking of all of my posts using AI in the first instance. (Awkward Irregularity)

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #321 on: September 22, 2020, 08:42:57 am »
One thing you provably already know is that the current readings on the RD6012W are way off, I imagine due to the fact that firmware is meant for 6A unit. Can you confirm?
Equally the max AMP setting for RD6012 is set to 6.2A rather than 12A, so is there a version available (or plans to release) a 12A version of your firmware?
RD6006 and RD6012 have a different firmware!
Previously I posted version for RD6012, can find in this thread...
But better to wait a little, will be update soon...

The following users thanked this post: Cliff Matthews, danosimo

Offline trazor

• Contributor
« Reply #322 on: September 22, 2020, 06:26:39 pm »
@UniSoft do you have any method to receive donations? I've 15usd to say thanks and buy you couple beers.

The following users thanked this post: Cliff Matthews

Offline danosimo

« Reply #323 on: September 22, 2020, 07:45:24 pm »
Good thinking Trazor!!! Count me in, another round from me, just let us know how.  :-+

The following users thanked this post: trazor

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #324 on: September 23, 2020, 08:42:24 pm »
Here is pre-release version of the firmware for RD6006... RD60062_V1.32.12b.bin.
It is still under development...
Testing is needed.
If you have any ideas, what to add, what to fix, let me know.
I post only the firmware file itself, since this is not the final version yet.
The flasher utility can be taken from previous posts.

Whats new:
+ Fixed bugs..
+ New option "Max Power" to limit the power of primary PSU.
+ Fixed Layout 4
+ Added more options for Layout 1
+ Added function to dump the screen (make screenshots) (real dump from LCD GRAM),
  but this function a little bit slow, takes around 13-15 sec (need transfer 320*240*2 bytes over UART).
+ modified French translation (please check if all correct...)
(still need to make translations for German, and Chinese.)
+ Added Russian Language
+ Font for menu changed to Terminus (http://terminus-font.sourceforge.net/)

Feedback is welcome!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 10:14:21 pm by UniSoft »

The following users thanked this post: diogoc, Mr.B, Cliff Matthews, tppc, Simon_RL

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf