Author Topic: RuiDeng Riden RD6006 DC power supply  (Read 376085 times)

pyb93643 and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline HHitech

Re: RuiDeng Riden RD6006 DC power supply
« Reply #800 on: August 18, 2021, 12:21:44 pm »
Hi,

Press and hold "ENTER" and power on RD6006 or RD6006P to enter Boot Mode, then start firmware upgrade.
That will solve your problem when you change between official and custom firmware.

The following users thanked this post: duckduck

Offline sofakng

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #801 on: August 18, 2021, 01:23:42 pm »
What's the difference between the custom firmware and the official firmware?

Offline bateau020

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #802 on: August 18, 2021, 01:33:32 pm »
What's the difference between the custom firmware and the official firmware?

There is no readily available list. There have been a lot of enhancements ....

You can find the doc for the custom firmware here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/custom-firmware-reference-document-for-riden-rd60xx-power-supplies/msg3482952/#msg3482952

You can compare that with the documentation of the original firmware that is mentioned a couple of posts above this.

Offline sofakng

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #803 on: August 18, 2021, 01:52:10 pm »
ok - thanks for the information!

Offline darkspr1te

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #804 on: August 21, 2021, 11:15:00 am »
For those that are interested, I have created a tool to encrypt your own binaries for RD6012/RD6006 and upload to the device.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/microcontrollers/rd60xx-mcu-controlled-power-units/msg3637483/#msg3637483

Also provide is test environment for Arduino/platformio for Bootloader version (0x8006000) & non bootloader versions (0x8000000)

darkspr1te

The following users thanked this post: ledtester, dmitrkov

Offline ShayBox

• Contributor
« Reply #805 on: August 26, 2021, 12:15:05 am »
Does anyone know of software that can connect to the wireless module besides the official software? do we know the protocol?

Offline bateau020

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #806 on: August 26, 2021, 04:07:09 am »
Does anyone know of software that can connect to the wireless module besides the official software? do we know the protocol?
The RD talks modbus. The WiFi module, in the standard configuration, wants an external device (mobile app or PC software) to send the modbus data to. A fair amount of people have worked on this, not all really super user friendly or really stable:

* https://github.com/Baldanos/rd6006
* https://sigrok.org/wiki/Riden_RD6006
* https://github.com/msillano/NiMH_charger_logger

..and others.

But since it is a simple ESP8266 module (ESP12F), you can reprogram it. When you do that, you can turn the connection around for example (let any device connect to the RD instead of designating 1 device the RD talks to), or do more fancy stuff by letting the ESP translate protocols.
Some examples of reprogramming the ESP:
* https://community.home-assistant.io/t/riden-rd6006-dc-power-supply-ha-support-wifi/163849
* https://cuttlefishblacknet.wordpress.com/2020/03/01/riden-rd6006-wifi/

Most if not all options are modbus protocol based.

Offline ShayBox

• Contributor
« Reply #807 on: September 03, 2021, 11:53:03 pm »
So, I blew the top fuse, and when I replace it, it blows again, and if I short it it won't turn on and the T1 with a heatsink next to the fuse heats up fast, but without a fuse it turns on just no power output...

Offline Skyfox

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #808 on: September 06, 2021, 01:36:31 am »
Unless my eyes glazed over and I scrolled right past it, has anyone figured out how to successfully make this power supply connect to the PC software over Wifi?  I have the current versions of the software (which is glitchy and likes to freeze, so I prefer the older versions) and the latest firmware, and while I can connect to it over USB, I can't figure out how to make it connect over wifi.

Offline bateau020

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #809 on: September 06, 2021, 04:28:27 am »
Unless my eyes glazed over and I scrolled right past it, has anyone figured out how to successfully make this power supply connect to the PC software over Wifi?  I have the current versions of the software (which is glitchy and likes to freeze, so I prefer the older versions) and the latest firmware, and while I can connect to it over USB, I can't figure out how to make it connect over wifi.

If you have the custom software, you can use the steps described in the documentation of the custom software (https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/custom-firmware-reference-document-for-riden-rd60xx-power-supplies/msg3482952/#msg3482952), chapter 19.1 with a mobile phone and the mobile app first, and then chapter 19.3 to point the RD to the PC.

If you do not have the custom software, it can become a LOT more complicated: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/ruideng-riden-rd6006-dc-power-supply/msg3416076/#msg3416076

Offline ShayBox

• Contributor
« Reply #810 on: September 06, 2021, 08:05:15 am »
Ok I talked to support, they said the mosfets need replaced, but I have no knowledge in this, I can solder

Should I buy some "HY3210 P" off aliexpress?

Offline bateau020

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #811 on: September 06, 2021, 08:29:42 am »
A quick search did not come up with direct equivalents. Maybe others have some recommendations.
The datasheet is here: https://datasheet.lcsc.com/szlcsc/HY3210P_C110583.pdf. It is a bit suspect that they haven't published thermal resistance for the different packages, but it looks that you may also get lucky with the HY3210 M, PS or PM versions, although I'd recommend the P version, just in case. With all of these packages, you'll need to bend the legs. Don't get the B version.

Offline HKJ

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #812 on: September 06, 2021, 08:41:33 am »
Should I buy some "HY3210 P" off aliexpress?

Many mosfet on Aliexpress are fakes, i.e. a generic type, but with the requested type number on it. This may be fine for non-critical applications, but I doubt it will work for long on this power supply.

Offline ShayBox

• Contributor
« Reply #813 on: September 06, 2021, 09:26:02 pm »
Someone pointed out that LCSC, the same website that serves the datasheet sells the same chips, so I bought them from them

Offline ShayBox

• Contributor
« Reply #814 on: September 18, 2021, 10:30:22 pm »
I attempted to replace the chips, it seemed to work, but after a few minutes it was smelling like burning pcb, then it went off on OTP and instantly jumped to 255 when output was enabled, and went down to 100 with it off, I took it back apart and the pcb has a big hole where it was burning, some pads lifted, I tried to repair it two more times with new chips both times but no success, so I pulled all the pads off and dug out the burn mark, and I'm going to attempt to patch it with wires, from what I can see this is the path of the wires

EDIT: I repaired it 3 times with 3 sets of mosfets (The pics were the last repair with patch wires) but unfortunately after that first repair when the board burned a hole in itself it just outputs half voltage then burns the fuse, so probably pbc layer shorting or other component was damaged, I'm gonna see if RdTech support will sell me the mainboard
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 05:03:14 pm by ShayBox »

Online UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #815 on: September 26, 2021, 03:20:46 pm »

Offline bogdan2014

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #816 on: September 28, 2021, 09:26:06 am »
Is there a schematic for this? I have a weird shortcircuit on the auxiliary rail and apart from the big ICs there's some very small components that I can't figure out what they are.

Offline trmntr

• Contributor
  • nice vibe
« Reply #817 on: September 29, 2021, 07:20:55 am »
If anyone wants to help, then I started writing my own software. This is what we have now. The functionality is still minimal, but it will expand.
Yes, at the moment I am interested in the opinion of users.
1. Are the UI controls too large?
2. What about the position of UI controls?
For each indicator, you can set custom colors through the context menu (separately for each skin).
In the settings panels, the numbers can be changed both from the keyboard and the mouse wheel. Buttons also appear at the top or bottom of the number, when you hover the cursor.
Maybe someone else has any ideas, suggestions, advice?

Note! required the latest firmware 'p'
Do not use function to write logo! (nothing really happens, just a logo will be a little bit corrupted (contains artifacts), due to bug in firmware, will be fixed in next firmware).
Option "Do not Lock the keypad" will not work as well, it will be added in the next firmware.
https://mega.nz/file/MCpxhAoI#ptYnxzgQn0PcTfYmkzX38phEF1lkY_uRZjCrMXfaPyE

Greetings from Belarus)
Where can you download your software? The link does not work, the file was not found.

Offline Intimate

« Reply #818 on: October 03, 2021, 11:26:24 am »
Hey UniSoft,
Thank You for this firmware. Instalation was simple and fast, guides are clear and functions added are really usefull. It is also nice that UI is similar to the stock one. A lot of great job :-+

Offline ElectricPower

• Frequent Contributor
  • I have many opinions but have no idea
    • Turer, fjas & slabberas
« Reply #819 on: October 05, 2021, 05:05:56 am »
I have baught an RD6018W and i also have ordered an RD6006P for better resolution.

I love these power supplies :)

Thanks for å wery informative thread. I will follow this :)

Offline ShayBox

• Contributor
« Reply #820 on: October 09, 2021, 04:47:44 pm »
Is there a way to get the functionality to automatically turn the output off if the load gets disconnected (no current draw), I feel like I had that at one point but I can't get it messing with any settings

Offline dougg

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #821 on: October 10, 2021, 06:15:05 am »
Is there a way to get the functionality to automatically turn the output off if the load gets disconnected (no current draw), I feel like I had that at one point but I can't get it messing with any settings

Yes, battery mode! You can think of the middle (green) terminal, as more or less the same as the red terminal but with a hefty relay in between. [If you look at components on the back of a RD60xx, the big, light blue one is that relay.] Even when the relay is NC, the voltage is still monitored on the green terminal. In the battery settings, there is a bunch of cutoff criteria which if tripped turns off the relay and the on/off button will have its illumination extinguished. One of those cutoff criteria is current which is tripped when the current drawn by the load (usually a battery) drops below that figure.

The trick one needs to solve is providing a voltage between black and green terminals when the RD60xx's on/off button is _not_ illuminated. Without that voltage the PS won't enter battery mode. The RD60xx_s are in battery mode when they show a battery symbol in middle of the last row on the display.

I'll try this and report if it does _not_ work. A single pole three position switch with the common connected to an electrolytic capacitor. The first position goes to the red terminal on the RD60xx; the middle position is not connected, the third position is connected to the green (battery) terminal. The negative of that capacitor connected to the black terminal. Then a simple on/off switch from the common of the three position switch, the other side of that switch to your load. Start with the three position switch selecting the first position (i.e. red terminal) and the simple on/off switch off (open). Adjust the voltage and maximum current on the RD60xx. Press the RD60xx on/off button and it should illuminate and the capacitor should charge. Move the three way switch to the middle position (i.e. no connection) then press the RD60xx ON/OFF button to turn off the power. Now move the three position switch to the third position and the RD60xx should enter battery mode. Not sure if you could have set the cutoff settings before this point, but you should be able to now. Press the RD60xx on/off button again (still in battery mode). Now switch the simple on/off switch to on, thereby connecting your load.

Normal warnings apply, for example that charged capacitor can be dangerous, etc

Unisoft probably knows a better way that my hack above. Could the firmware be changed to be able to use battery mode without a battery? Basically a PS with multiple criteria for turning itself off, using that relay.

Offline ShayBox

• Contributor
« Reply #822 on: October 10, 2021, 07:27:16 am »
Yeah, That does work for battery mode, though as you said not always able to provide a voltage to trigger it, I meant more as a safety, I fried my first unit by accidentally forgetting output was enabled and plugging something in, killing the mosfets instantly

Offline trmntr

• Contributor
  • nice vibe
« Reply #823 on: October 11, 2021, 03:39:46 pm »
... killing the mosfets instantly
It turns out that the short-circuit protection has not worked?

Offline ShayBox

• Contributor
« Reply #824 on: October 11, 2021, 08:41:19 pm »
I hooked a 12v battery to it while it was set to 61v 18.1a and output was enabled, so maybe it can't handle that

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf