Author Topic: SainSmart DDS120 & DDS140 USB Oscilloscope  (Read 235493 times)

Offline bianchifan

• Regular Contributor
Re: SainSmart DDS120 & DDS140 USB Oscilloscope
« Reply #375 on: June 14, 2016, 10:58:19 am »
Check the code in openbuudai if the app is fixed to the older pid/vid combination.
Luckily the DDS140 type is fixed to "8312" in buudai_types.h, same as offered from mine :)

For I have no plan how to compile on Win7 I just even tried on Ubuntu 15.10.
Unfortunately compilation failes at last step:
g++ -m64 -Wl,-O1 -o bin/openhantek build/obj/colorbox.o build/obj/configdialog.o build/obj/configpages.o build/obj/dataanalyzer.o build/obj/dockwindows.o build/obj/dsocontrol.o build/obj/dsowidget.o build/obj/exporter.o build/obj/glgenerator.o build/obj/glscope.o build/obj/helper.o build/obj/levelslider.o build/obj/main.o build/obj/openhantek.o build/obj/settings.o build/obj/hantek_control.o build/obj/hantek_device.o build/obj/hantek_types.o build/obj/buudai_control.o build/obj/buudai_device.o build/obj/buudai_types.o build/obj/dso.o build/obj/moc_colorbox.o build/obj/moc_configdialog.o build/obj/moc_configpages.o build/obj/moc_dataanalyzer.o build/obj/moc_dockwindows.o build/obj/moc_dsocontrol.o build/obj/moc_dsowidget.o build/obj/moc_exporter.o build/obj/moc_glscope.o build/obj/moc_glgenerator.o build/obj/moc_levelslider.o build/obj/moc_openhantek.o build/obj/moc_settings.o build/obj/moc_hantek_control.o build/obj/moc_hantek_device.o build/obj/moc_buudai_control.o build/obj/moc_buudai_device.o build/obj/qrc_application.o build/obj/qrc_configdialog.o    -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -LC:/Qt/lib/libusb/MS32/dll/ -llibusb-1.0 -LC:/Qt/lib/fftw-3.3.4-dll32/ -lfftw3-3 -lQtOpenGL -lQtGui -lQtCore -lGL -lpthread
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llibusb-1.0
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lfftw3-3
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile.Release:193: recipe for target 'bin/openhantek' failed

to compare... same step at openhantek:
g++ -m64 -Wl,-O1 -o bin/openhantek build/obj/colorbox.o build/obj/configdialog.o build/obj/configpages.o build/obj/dataanalyzer.o build/obj/dockwindows.o build/obj/dso.o build/obj/dsocontrol.o build/obj/dsowidget.o build/obj/exporter.o build/obj/glgenerator.o build/obj/glscope.o build/obj/helper.o build/obj/levelslider.o build/obj/main.o build/obj/openhantek.o build/obj/settings.o build/obj/sispinbox.o build/obj/hardcontrol.o build/obj/control.o build/obj/device.o build/obj/types.o build/obj/moc_colorbox.o build/obj/moc_configdialog.o build/obj/moc_configpages.o build/obj/moc_dataanalyzer.o build/obj/moc_dockwindows.o build/obj/moc_dsocontrol.o build/obj/moc_dsowidget.o build/obj/moc_exporter.o build/obj/moc_glscope.o build/obj/moc_glgenerator.o build/obj/moc_levelslider.o build/obj/moc_openhantek.o build/obj/moc_settings.o build/obj/moc_sispinbox.o build/obj/moc_hardcontrol.o build/obj/moc_control.o build/obj/moc_device.o build/obj/qrc_application.o build/obj/qrc_configdialog.o    -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -lfftw3 -lusb-1.0 -lQtOpenGL -lQtGui -lQtCore -lGL -lpthread

I have no skills in c++/g++ but when I change "-llibusb-1.0" to "-lusb-1.0" and "-lfftw3-3" to "-lfftw3" it compiles fine.
When started DDS140 is recognized but nothing further happens :(

Offline mjwx4p

« Reply #376 on: June 14, 2016, 12:21:46 pm »
i will try to dumb the firmware and will post it here. Again thanks for your help.

Offline doctormord

• Regular Contributor
  • !nop
    • #fine_arts & #electronics - 360customs.de
SainSmart DDS120 & DDS140 USB Oscilloscope
« Reply #377 on: June 14, 2016, 05:12:56 pm »
[dummyquote]I have no skills in c++/g++ but when I change "-llibusb-1.0" to "-lusb-1.0" and "-lfftw3-3" to "-lfftw3" it compiles fine.[/dummyquote]

That's normal and just fine. I should note that on the manual page. A proper make file should handle that, but I'm not into it. For compiling on Windows, there's a hint in the thread here.
#fine_arts & #electronics  - www.360customs.de

Offline mjwx4p

« Reply #378 on: June 18, 2016, 07:06:28 am »
Hi,
i had opened my device now, and here is a picture of it. If i compare the picture of doctormord and my picture, then there are several differences between our devices visible. It seems i have another hardware revision as doctormord.   :-[

I have some troubles to connect my device with ponyprog2000 or similiar. Maybe someone can help me with that. What i have to do?

Thanks for your help
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 05:56:05 pm by mjwx4p »

Offline mjwx4p

« Reply #379 on: June 19, 2016, 02:10:09 pm »
Hi,
ok i can establish the connection now with Cypress Suite 3.4.7 if i install the cypress driver usb3 from cypress itself without jumper R32. But i can't establish the connection with ponyprog2000, even jumper R32 is plugged in or not. Which driver i have to use to work with ponyprog2000?

Offline naut

• Contributor
« Reply #380 on: October 30, 2016, 06:15:59 pm »
hey guys,

does anyone have pictures of what's inside the logic analyzer module for the DDS140 model?

thanks

Offline heisenberg281

« Reply #381 on: December 22, 2016, 09:27:14 am »
Dropbox link to version 1.5 of their software for the DDS120. Enjoy!
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rzxfia0bvhxpgwk/AADpJyxka11HUzifM4XeGtXda?dl=0

Offline clizza

« Reply #382 on: January 11, 2017, 03:27:17 pm »
This is such a long and varied thread I'd like to try for a simple, summary answer? I am running Windows 10 Pro, 32-bit x64-based, and cannot get the unit to work and strongly suspect the driver. SainSmart has answered a couple emails telling me to manually install the Win7/XP driver manually which I have done successfully? I have only tried testing using the square wave tab but do not read any voltage/freq. Note that I get this same behavior if I use the default driver install which looks like a Windows Phone driver!

SainSmart pointed me to a dropbox of older software, v1.2 of the app, while I see references here to v1.5 and wonder if the driver has ever been updated -- the driver on the v1.5 dropbox appears to be the same. I installed it and tried with the app versions 1.2, 1.3 and 1.5 with exactly the same result.

SainSmart has not responded when I asked if they have ever tested Win10 installs so I hope there is help here?

Thanks, Carl

Offline clizza

« Reply #383 on: January 11, 2017, 03:33:37 pm »
Has anyone ever solved this issue? I am running Win10 under Parallels and get exactly the same behavior.

Thanks, Carl

Offline bianchifan

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #384 on: January 11, 2017, 04:28:49 pm »

Offline doctormord

• Regular Contributor
  • !nop
« Reply #385 on: January 11, 2017, 05:10:44 pm »
Wasn't it using the standard WinUSB driver?

Offline clizza

« Reply #386 on: January 11, 2017, 06:17:28 pm »
Using the standard WinUSB driver I get the same results -- no voltages let alone no trace. I cannot blame graphics until I see valid data displayed. In summary, with Win10, neither the DDS120 driver nor the standard WinUSB driver registers any data other than period, width, etc.

Is Win10 to blame? I wish I had never upgraded but cannot go back that I know of...

-- Carl

Offline doctormord

• Regular Contributor
  • !nop
« Reply #387 on: January 11, 2017, 06:42:04 pm »
Well, tried Open_Budich from the thread here?

Offline clizza

« Reply #388 on: January 11, 2017, 07:10:56 pm »
I have not tried Open_Budich and cannot find a link? See atch for what I am working with...

Offline doctormord

• Regular Contributor
  • !nop
« Reply #389 on: January 11, 2017, 07:21:07 pm »
This i meant:
https://github.com/doctormord/OpenBuudai

Well, you could try using a VM and Win7 or send the scope back.

Offline lclark

« Reply #390 on: January 18, 2017, 03:08:08 pm »
Reporting happiness and success running OpenBuudai on Gentoo with a DDS120.

udev rules required an update (as previously stated in this thread).  Compilation required minor changes to the .pro file, as expected.

/etc/udev/rules.d/50-sainsmart.rules
Code: [Select]
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="8102", ATTR{idProduct}=="8102", GROUP="users"
https://github.com/doctormord/OpenBuudai

Much happier vs. the SainSmart tools in Windows.

Thanks!

Offline savvej

« Reply #391 on: April 30, 2017, 07:55:31 am »
Hi Guys,

I purchased DS-140 from amazon and it looks to be working fine with Windows 10 , 64bit for me.
No drivers separately installed. Just using the latest gui software from their website, DS140_v6.rar
http://www.sainsmart.com/zen/documents/20-010-731/DDS140_V6.rar

Regards,
sav

Offline swedgin

« Reply #392 on: June 15, 2017, 03:28:00 pm »
I've been able to install openbuudai on ubuntu 16.04 for the DDS-120 and ran it using 'openhantek' in the terminal. Thanks for the software   :-+

i was wondering though, how I could change the triggerlevel and if it was possible to view some standard measurements like frequency, min/max, amplitude,..
Thanks

Offline doctormord

• Regular Contributor
  • !nop
« Reply #393 on: June 15, 2017, 10:05:54 pm »
Trigger level should follow the small arrow to the right.

Gesendet von meinem SM-A510F mit Tapatalk

Offline bplaa.yai

« Reply #394 on: June 18, 2017, 06:08:16 pm »
Hi guys,

Did anyone have any success with a DDS140 on Linux ? OpenBuudai compiled just fine here, udev rules added and the DDS140 is detected okay.
But all calls to libusb_bulk_transfer() in Device::bulkTransfer() are failing with LIBUSB_ERROR_TIMEOUT.
I'll be happy to dig more into this, but I'd like to make sure I've not made/forgotten anything silly first. For example, it's not clear to me if it's required to upload any firmware or not ? (by looking at some messages here it seems it's not)

Not sure if it's the right place to ask about this, but this thread seems a lot more active than the github page :)

Cheers

Offline doctormord

• Regular Contributor
  • !nop
« Reply #395 on: June 19, 2017, 03:43:46 pm »
OpenBuudai was never tested with the DDS140, so it needs complete implementation of the different command set. (As the DDS140 uses an FPGA)

Offline bplaa.yai

« Reply #396 on: June 19, 2017, 05:23:17 pm »
I'd like to make sure I've not made/forgotten anything silly first.
OpenBuudai was never tested with the DDS140, so it needs complete implementation of the different command set. (As the DDS140 uses an FPGA)

Well, that's exactly the kind of "silly" I was expecting :D

Regarding the command set, and based on PapaLukas' Logic140, it looks almost identical between the 120 and the 140 (OpenBuudai types vs. Logic140 init code).

Anyway, time to do my homework :)

Regards,

Offline SquidCap

« Reply #397 on: July 09, 2017, 03:36:37 pm »
Dropbox link to version 1.5 of their software for the DDS120. Enjoy!
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rzxfia0bvhxpgwk/AADpJyxka11HUzifM4XeGtXda?dl=0

Thanks a ton mate! The one on their website is just rubbish. As a payback, i'll tell my quest to get this scope..

Ordered from the manufacturer webpage, nothing wrong there. They sent it, took a bit but all seemed to be in order, package was moving. But then, nothing. Weeks rolled by and the package didn't arrive. Finally strange message came that said that the package could not be delivered. No other explanation and i contacted Sainsmart. They were helpful but did suggest for sometime that it was my fault, that i had not been at home or something (i ordered so that i have to pick it up, just so i can pay possible costs if it had any extras and to inspect the parcel). But since this could not be the case, i pestered them to get to the bottom of the problem. They wanted to send a new or cancel the deal but i said that if they do that, they learn nothing what happened. It took 3 emails to finally get them to react and they did. They found out that the company they used was putting theirs and other clients packets to same pallets and in there was something that was stopped at EU border (nothing illegal, if i got it right, it was batteries or some other stuff like that) so the whole thing was sent back to china. They had had plenty of weird unexplained returns before so..  Glad that i persevered, maybe next guys in EU can get theirs without trouble.

Haven't tried with the proper software yet but it seems to work 100%, now that i fixed the loose BNC connector (a bit wimpy springs, i think i'll replace that with something that takes a good grip on the inner pin...., little bit of wiggling and good ole in&out and it makes good connection now, didn't do anything out of the box though which was concerning)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 03:38:36 pm by SquidCap »

Offline DOCa Cola

• Contributor
« Reply #398 on: August 30, 2017, 12:45:28 pm »
I've made the effort to compile OpenBuudai for both Windows and Mac since all links in this thread for it are dead :)

Works fine on my DDS120 as far as i can see. Except the single shot trigger which i couldn't get to do anything and the Mac version has a bug after you start the program (see workaround in my description below).

Windows: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=21051875976332290019
I've included all required libraries for the Windows version. Just extract and run.

Mac: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=09276964695742077948
The Mac build has a broken GUI after start each time. Atleast on my mac. The toolbars have to be reenabled each time and there is a graphical bug that goes away when you use the zoom function once.
Also no libraries are included with this binary. You need to install these with brew.
Code: [Select]
brew install fftw libusb qt
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 01:50:51 pm by DOCa Cola »

The following users thanked this post: luminary6

Offline bb512

« Reply #399 on: November 05, 2017, 03:27:09 am »
Trying the DDS-120 for the first time - but can't scope US house current - using the probe at 10X - 1.5 Windows software.

Am I just out of range?

- update - added the OpenHantek image too
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 03:34:26 am by bb512 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf