Author Topic: Saunders & Associates Crystal Impedance Meter 100HF  (Read 2387 times)

Offline Joe MTopic starter

• Contributor
Saunders & Associates Crystal Impedance Meter 100HF
« on: May 03, 2018, 12:28:12 am »
Hi everyone, I got a Saunders 100HF crystal impedance meter and dont know really how to use it, I want to get the motional parameters of my crystals. I really need an operating manual, does anybody have a manual for sale? I would be glad to paypal some $ if someone is willing to scan it and send it to me.

The closest I've seen to my meter is the unit used here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-rCgumTn4Q&t=509s, but they are really very different units, to start, mine has an analog read-out.

Any help on how to use the unit is really appreciated.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 12:29:44 am by Joe M »

• Contributor
Re: Saunders & Associates Crystal Impedance Meter 100HF
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 09:05:40 pm »
Hi Jackob, thank you very much for that link, however the 100 and 150C units are very different, I might have found a manual in the UK (fingers crossed)

Offline scopeman

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 02:31:13 am »
Here is a manual for a 100LF which should be very similar except for frequency range.

Sam
W3OHM
W3OHM

The following users thanked this post: edavid

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 03:23:55 am »
Thanks a lot for that! thats is really helpful, I appreciate it  :)

Offline scopeman

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 02:57:11 pm »
No problem. I may have one for the HF somewhere but I looked where I thought it was and it was not there. I have a collection of these things but the 150B/C is the one I have used the most and then not very often. If you want to post that one up on KO4BB you may. If I find the 100HF I will scan it and send you a copy.

By the way did you call Saunders on the phone or email them? The last time I needed a manual (maybe 10 years ago) they just mailed me one. They are very nice folks.

Sam
W3OHM
W3OHM

The following users thanked this post: Joe M

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 11:18:14 pm »
I found a company in the UK that sold me the manual for the HF, however its been 4 weeks and it hasnt arrived yet. I recently bought a 150B meter, it seems to be a lot easier to use than the 100HF according to the manual you provided, the 100HF needs an external frequency counter and so on. Do you have the 150B manual?, I have only found the 150C but seems pretty much identical to the 150B
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 11:20:28 pm by Joe M »

Offline scopeman

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 12:11:24 am »
Joe,

I will have to do some serious looking as I have not seen it for some time but I do believe that I have a manual somewhere. I even have the keypad accessory somewhere.
IIRC the schematic for the keypad is very simple and it could be duplicated. The keypad allows you to send commands for the measurement modes.
I will have to dig it up the manual and scan it. Give me a few days. Operationally I think that the B and C are virtually the same. I really don't remember the real differences.

Best regards,

Sam
W3OHM
W3OHM

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 12:24:34 am »
That sounds great Sam, thanks again!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf