Author Topic: HP Agilent Spectrium analyzer 8595E  (Read 684 times)

Offline charlydTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
HP Agilent Spectrium analyzer 8595E
« on: February 01, 2020, 03:56:16 pm »
Hello i got my SA few days ago and after doing some testing i discovered the with the options  004,103,130,041

Freq cal goes ok.  cal stored.
Ampl. Cal fail    NBW gain failed ??

what can this be, or what can i do to fix this.

and does anybody know if there is a posibility to test band 1  2.75-6.5 GHz  my SG only goes to 2.1 GHz   :-//

Offline EE-digger

• Frequent Contributor
Re: HP Agilent Spectrium analyzer 8595E
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 01:59:01 am »
Have you run the YTF (YIG tuned filter) calibration?  I have an 8596E but haven't used or cal'ed it in a while, so am not sure if your frequency cal is the same thing.

The YIG tuned filter can have some serious degradation of alignment from heat and age and not generally adjustable by most humans.  If you get the YTF to pass, then there's hope for the unit.

To experiment (yes, play) with higher frequencies a few years ago, I've used a Hitite (now Analog Devices) frequency multiplier eval board (4x input frequency, but $500 for eval board, chip is around $40 or so), inexpensive tuned YIG oscillator (ebay) and some $7 , 10GHz location sensors (fun to play with, work on Doppler principle).

But there are some USB, GHz synthesizers out there now like this one for $249 ( https://windfreaktech.com/product/usb-rf-signal-generator/ ) which goes to 4.4GHz.  Not sure about output leveling or accuracy.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf