Author Topic: ATTEN <-> SIGLENT conversions/crossflashes - Do you still have problems?  (Read 2925 times)

Offline tv84Topic starter

• Super Contributor
ATTEN scope conversion to SIGLENT scope or vice-versa                                                                (WORK IN PROGRESS)

• Have you ever tried to convert you (old) Atten in a Siglent or tried to rollback the conversion and were unable? 
  • Atten FW is nonexistent?
  • Flashed a 7" screen FW in a 5" scope?
  • etc.

I'm creating this topic to aggregate all the problems that people still have from trying these types of conversions.

I think many of the existing problems could be solved if people concentrate the knowledge in one topic only.

I'll try to attach here the files that I've collected or handcrafted in order to solve people's problems.

If you have any flash dumps, please pm me because I can extract the FW from it and recreate an .ADS file that can be used by everybody.

Relevant files attached:
  • ATTEN_ADS1000CAL_3.01.01.31R16_ProdId_79_ISP - allows the flashing of Atten CAL FW in a Siglent CNL/CML. It solves the problem of "Product type does not match!" error.
  • ATTEN_ADS1102C_V100R002B07D02P10R5_2.07.02.10R5 - the only file for a 5" scope that I know. If anyone tests it, please report. For those who accidentally flashed a 7" image...
  • ATTEN_ADS1102C_2.07.02.10R5_ProdId_79_ISP - the previous file, patched to allow it to be used over a Siglent FW. BEWARE, it should not be used on a CM model.
Other infos:
Here (needing some update...)

Instructions:
Please report all successful cases below, so that others know what was the problem/solution.

*** WARNING ***
If you grab some flash dump (from another guy) and want to program your flash (with an external programmer) YOU MUST do a backup of your flash previously (better do it more that once and recheck if there are no errors). Because, if there is any problem following the new flashing, you won't be able to recover your CPLD/FPGA programming and the calibration without that backup. The .ADS files don't have the CPLD/FPGA programming information!

Comparison of all Siglent/Atten/LeCroy .CFG files that I have:
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 05:26:28 pm by tv84 »

The following users thanked this post: croma641, Halcon67, routerfan

Offline kasskon

i tried ATTEN_ADS1102C_V100R002B07D02P10R5_2.07.02.10R5.zip and said " product type does not match " the scope that i have is ADS1152CM

• Super Contributor
i tried ATTEN_ADS1102C_V100R002B07D02P10R5_2.07.02.10R5.zip and said " product type does not match " the scope that i have is ADS1152CM

I'll try to patch the .ADS. What is the last FW that you flashed?

The following users thanked this post: croma641, kasskon

Offline routerfan

• Regular Contributor
Hi TV84!
After receiving your message, I immediately upgraded my device with ATTEN_ADS1000CAL_3.01.01.31R16_ProdId_79_ISP, this time the upgrade is very smooth. I went back to the ATTEN 1102CAL interface, but the device responded slowly, and the original problem still exists. Try to load the CFG configuration file, prompting "The selected file format is incorrect", I am trying. In addition, I purchased the downloader for JTAG. They are on the road and I expect to arrive the day after tomorrow. :-+

Follow-up: On the basis of the above operation, I upgraded the original 3r16 program, and the situation has not changed. I try to perform channel verification. But it couldn't go on, the whole process got stuck.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 05:48:00 am by routerfan »

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
A possible tip if I may.
Some of these older DSO's will not recognise long file names so you must rename them to 8 characters or less IIRC but still keep the correct file extension.....cfg, ads, etc.

Bit of a pain I know and it's best to take notes of which file is which or keep both the short name version and full name version each in their own folder.

Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Some stuff seen @ Siglent HQ cannot be shared.

The following users thanked this post: routerfan

• Super Contributor
Hi TV84!
After receiving your message, I immediately upgraded my device with ATTEN_ADS1000CAL_3.01.01.31R16_ProdId_79_ISP, this time the upgrade is very smooth. I went back to the ATTEN 1102CAL interface, but the device responded slowly, and the original problem still exists. Try to load the CFG configuration file, prompting "The selected file format is incorrect", I am trying. In addition, I purchased the downloader for JTAG. They are on the road and I expect to arrive the day after tomorrow. :-+

Follow-up: On the basis of the above operation, I upgraded the original 3r16 program, and the situation has not changed. I try to perform channel verification. But it couldn't go on, the whole process got stuck.

One important thing is that you were able to get back to Atten firmwares with that specific FW. You don't need to flash the "original" Atten FW because they are exactly the same thing. The only differences are the patch to allow it to be flashed in a "Siglent" unit.

Did you previously flashed the flash dump from your friend? If you did, I think the problem is there and we won't be able to solve it without other flash dumps (similar to your original equipment).
My guess is that the CPLD programming was overwritten and yours should be different from the one the dump was taken.

Remember, .ADS files DO NOT CONTAIN the CPLD programming as far as I've seen.

Tell us the reference of your PCB board and the reference of your CPLD IC.

The following users thanked this post: croma641, routerfan

Offline routerfan

• Regular Contributor
A possible tip if I may.
Some of these older DSO's will not recognise long file names so you must rename them to 8 characters or less IIRC but still keep the correct file extension.....cfg, ads, etc.

Bit of a pain I know and it's best to take notes of which file is which or keep both the short name version and full name version each in their own folder.
The file name has been changed, the suffix has been kept, and nothing has changed. Thank you for your suggestion.

Offline routerfan

• Regular Contributor
Hi TV84!

One important thing is that you were able to get back to Atten firmwares with that specific FW. You don't need to flash the "original" Atten FW because they are exactly the same thing. The only differences are the patch to allow it to be flashed in a "Siglent" unit.

Did you previously flashed the flash dump from your friend? If you did, I think the problem is there and we won't be able to solve it without other flash dumps (similar to your original equipment).
My guess is that the CPLD programming was overwritten and yours should be different from the one the dump was taken.

Remember, .ADS files DO NOT CONTAIN the CPLD programming as far as I've seen.

Tell us the reference of your PCB board and the reference of your CPLD IC.
Motherboard version number: SIGLENT SAT7.820.681H
CPU: ADSP-BF531
CPLD: LATTICE LCMX0256C-3TN100C
FPGA: Cyclone III EP3C5F256C8N

• Super Contributor

Did you flash your friend's dump?  Did it work? Your scopes were exactly the same (PCB, CPU, CPLD, FPGA)?

The following users thanked this post: croma641

Offline kasskon

the current software is SDS1000CNL Firmware - 5.01.02.32 (Release Date 07.09.15 )

https://siglentna.com/download/4251/

Offline routerfan

• Regular Contributor

Did you flash your friend's dump?  Did it work? Your scopes were exactly the same (PCB, CPU, CPLD, FPGA)?
Yes, but it was dumped after a problem with my device. The only effect is to roll back from 1102cnl to ATTEN 1102cal. However, the problem still exists. The specific parameters of that 1102cal are unknown, but the appearance is the same. Now that he has sold this device, it is impossible to verify.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 01:26:32 pm by routerfan »

• Super Contributor

I added this one: ATTEN_ADS1102C_2.07.02.10R5_ProdId_79_ISP

Please report.

Offline kasskon

it was updated but now doesn't boot all the buttons light up and nothing

• Super Contributor
it was updated but now doesn't boot all the buttons light up and nothing

:(  Definitely a dump of a CM scope is needed. But nobody volunteers one...

The following users thanked this post: croma641, alexitaly

Offline kasskon

i tried to follow this procedure
https://siglentna.com/operating-tip/what-do-i-do-if-my-oscilloscope-is-frozen-or-hanging/?pdf=1343
but still nothing
so my scope is dead as a dodo i think :P

Offline alexitaly

• Regular Contributor

Yes, but it was dumped after a problem with my device. The only effect is to roll back from 1102cnl to ATTEN 1102cal. However, the problem still exists. The specific parameters of that 1102cal are unknown, but the appearance is the same. Now that he has sold this device, it is impossible to verify.

Can THIS help you?

HERE I've answered to your question. I hope I can help you in some way...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 12:12:38 am by alexitaly »

• Super Contributor

Routerfan,

I crafted these FW files.

This is the stock ATTEN_ADS1000CAL_V100R003B01D01P31R16_3.01.01.31R16 PLUS the FPGA contents.

Let's see if your scope accepts and reflash the FPGA contents. Fingers crossed.

They were created to rescue scopes after bad/wrong FW/FPGA flashes.

ATTENTION: These are experimental files and should be treated like that. They have been flashed before BUT I advise you to contact me before flashing.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 09:29:59 am by tv84 »

Offline Frozen001

Re: ATTEN <-> SIGLENT conversions/crossflashes - Do you still have problems?
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2020, 11:48:10 am »
Tried to update FW on my ADS-1102CAL with:

ATTEN_ADS1102C_2.07.02.10R5_ProdId_79_ISP

Flash seemed to work fine.  Power cycled when complete, now all buttons light up and display is blank

Any chance of fixing this?

Offline Frozen001

Re: ATTEN <-> SIGLENT conversions/crossflashes - Do you still have problems?
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2020, 02:07:33 pm »
Cracked open the case on this, and here are some photos of the inside. 

It has an Altera Cyclone III on the CCA

JTAG:

Display CCA:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf