Author Topic: [Fixed] SDM3055 - stay at boot screen  (Read 12281 times)

Offline wojtek_pTopic starter

• Contributor
[Fixed] SDM3055 - stay at boot screen
« on: July 03, 2016, 07:32:13 am »
Hello all!
SDM3055 - how to fix the bug which will cause the instrument stay at boot screen?
I already know I should upload the new firmware but how to do it when I have only a screen with the boot logo ?

Wojtek
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 04:59:11 am by wojtek_p »
Wojtek
-----------------------------
aided google translation

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
Re: SDM3055 - stay at boot screen
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 08:22:02 am »
You might want to have a read of the thread linked below, otherwise one of our most valued and helpful members tautech is a Siglent distributor and may be able to assist you further, Siglent themselves are also members here.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/yet-another-siglent-sdm3055-failure-(/

The following users thanked this post: tautech

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 08:58:24 am »
Thank you, I have read this post already but I still do not know how I can make the upload firmware when I have permanently splash screen?
Wojtek
aided google translation

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 09:59:34 am »
Thank you, I have read this post already but I still do not know how I can make the upload firmware when I have permanently splash screen?
Doesn't this stuff always happen on a weekend.  :(

I've refreshed my memory looking at the other threads and it seems you do have to return it to your supplier, sorry wojtek_p.

This problem is quite old now and it's very disappointing your supplier shipped this unit to you without updating the firmware.
For that they get a big  :--

It will be under warranty as these units haven't been in the market for the 3 year warranty period that Siglent provide.

Insist your supplier replace it with a unit with the latest firmware: 16R2 http://www.siglentamerica.com/USA_website_2014/Firmware&Software/firmware/SDM01.16R2.rar

If there's any problems contact Siglent in Hamburg directly.
http://www.siglenteu.com/lxwms.aspx?id=1110

Please update us on the outcome.

BTW
The Siglent Hamburg manager is now aware of your problem and Tech support from the factory will contact you in the next few days.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 10:32:00 am by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: wojtek_p

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 10:30:22 am »
I thought I could do it myself.
I still have warranty on my SDM3055, I will send if so to my supplier.
Wojtek
aided google translation

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 10:38:05 am »
I thought I could do it myself.
I still have warranty on my SDM3055, I will send if so to my supplier.
I'm not sure you can do the fix so wait for Jexy from tech support to contact you for best advice and he'll probably do that tomorrow when it will be Monday at the factory. It might be earlier than the time now as it will be nearly the end of the Monday in Shenzhen in 24 hrs.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 05:20:10 am »
Thanks, Jexy an already contacted with me.
Wojtek
aided google translation

The following users thanked this post: tautech

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 04:50:00 am »
I received after repair my SDM3055 but it has a different serial number SDM305C3140046 (older than it was). I sent SDM3055 with serial number SDM305C4140132. This is strange. I think I received a multimeter older than I bought and it is not covered by the warranty. Even stranger is the firmware is now 1.01.01.08R1 (!), And the HW ID is 02-00-00-11-00.
It all lasted one month and so I really feel like I got older multimeter than I bought and I do not know if I can do the firmware update. Multimeter still has warranty, I bought it in February 2015
Wojtek
aided google translation

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 06:12:44 am »
I received after repair my SDM3055 but it has a different serial number SDM305C3140046 (older than it was). I sent SDM3055 with serial number SDM305C4140132. This is strange. I think I received a multimeter older than I bought and it is not covered by the warranty. Even stranger is the firmware is now 1.01.01.08R1 (!), And the HW ID is 02-00-00-11-00.
It all lasted one month and so I really feel like I got older multimeter than I bought and I do not know if I can do the firmware update. Multimeter still has warranty, I bought it in February 2015
It may be older, the SN code indicates it was made in the previous batch but despite this it should be still considered a new unit.
Check with your supplier that the warranty is still for the same 3 years.

You must update the FW immediately, do not use it until it has been and here is the link:
http://www.siglentamerica.com/USA_website_2014/Firmware&Software/firmware/SDM01.16R2.rar

After unpacking the RAR file read the detailed instructions in the PDF as there are a few steps to update from the early FW.

It is very disappointing your supplier did not update the unit for you and for this I give them a BIG FAIL.
Are they close to you, if so return it and insist they update it for you.

Avid Rabid Hobbyist

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 06:51:21 am »
(...)
It is very disappointing your supplier did not update the unit for you and for this I give them a BIG FAIL.
My supplier immediately sent to the service of Siglent to Hamburg and It is very disappointing that service of Siglent did not update the unit.
Wojtek
aided google translation

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2016, 07:57:13 am »
(...)
My supplier immediately sent to the service of Siglent to Hamburg and It is very disappointing that service of Siglent did not update the unit.
Jexy from Siglent will contact you again to help.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2016, 09:42:21 am »
I am already tired of the Siglent service  :(
I must admit that I am really disappointed with the quality of the Siglent service.

I would like to summarize how I have struggled to get my SDM3055 device fixe:
I bought the SDM3055 multimeter (serial no. SDM305C4140132) in Tomtronix company (www.tomtronix.pl), based in Poland, in February 2015.
The first problem I observed was about the device not booting up correctly – it was stopping on a startup screen and not loading any further. I contacted the Siglent company representative, and he suggested that the digital boards and the analog board should be replaced. The device was sent to the Siglent service, based in Hamburg, by the Tomtronix company on July 4th, 2016.

The device was delivered back to me on August 2nd. However, I did not receive my device, but another one with an older serial number SDM305C3140046. You can see that in the pictures: "sdm3055_back.jpg" and  "sdm3055_systeminfo_1.jpg"

As you can see not only was the serial number different, but also the installed firmware was older. I received an older device! I complained about that fact to the Tomtronix company, but their only suggestion was to keep the device and use it. I contacted Jexy again and he suggested to send the device again to Hamburg and assured me that my device would be fixed in a proper way this time. This is what I did on August 8th.

I kept asking questions about my device status (September 26 and October 7) as the device was still being fixed in Hamburg. Eventually, I received my device back on October 12. However, it was not fixed!
1.   I noticed that the firmware was upgraded since the display layout was different that the original.
2.   The device was not operational since none of the front panel buttons, except the „on/off” one, really worked.
I contacted the service again and they let me open the device to see if there are any not connected cables inside. They were all in their places, except the ground cable (safety!) which was not connected at all. Definitely that was not caused by the delivery. You can see that in the pictures: "ground_cable_not_connected.jpg"
?
Besides, there was a clearly seen bent on a flexible cable connecting front panel with its board. You can see that in the pictures: "fcc_cable_demaged.jpg"
I sent all those information and pictures to Siglent service on October 17, 2016.

I investigated the flexible cable deeper and observed that it was damaged as in the following pictures: "fcc_board_side_demaged.jpg" and "connector_damaged.jpg"

In my opinion those problems could be responsible for malfunctioning of the device. I sent those information on October 18. I did not receive any response by October 20 and decided to fix the cable by myself. I cut it by about 2mm as you can see in this picture "fcc_cut.jpg"
Then I mounted the cable inside the device as shown in the picture: "fcc_repair.jpg".

The device started to work correctly and I run all tests. You can see that in the pictures: "test_1.jpg", "test_2.jpg", "test_3.jpg".

However, I am not satisfied with these as the flexible cable is significantly stretched and may got broken with time and the connector is still damaged and does not ensure a proper mounting.

My further investigation showed that the device has got yet another serial number, you can see that in the picture: "sdm3055_systeminfor_2.jpg"

So right now the system says about serial number SDM30CA3160881 while the label on the back panel has SDM305C3140046. What is the serial number of my device then?
How the Siglent company can be so unproffesional with its service? It seems to me that the service does not check the basic parameters and functions and safety (!) of the device being repaired. If it did, I would not have received my device in such shape.
Due to all of these I do not believe in my device measurements any more.
How about my warranty? It was issued to my original serial number, is it still valid for the device I have now? I also expect the warranty to be prolonged since I could not use my device for a long time from July 4 to October 20, 2016.
The last email I received from the service siglent was dated 20.10 2016:
„Hi Wojtek?
Was the problem fixed?
Awaiting for your reply.
Best regards,”
  (sic!)

This is what I wrote above is also sent to the Siglent service (24.10.2016).
I did not receive any more response by present day.
I must admit that I am really disappointed with the quality of the Siglent service.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 09:47:03 am by wojtek_p »
Wojtek
aided google translation

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2016, 10:13:57 am »
Absolutely this kind of "service" can not accept at all.

What I now recommend is that they take one independent person working in Siglent but not with this case and this person do full detailed and careful examination what all is in this sad case.

Also I'm surprised why you need contact with Siglent for solve these cases. There is dealer whos job after sales customer care is. If your car or bicycle have problem do you call car factory or bicycle factory or your dealer who need solve and help your problems. Or is seller only parcel forward shipper?

Safety ground broken: Fatal Error! This is most important wire inside your equipment. If Safety ground is broken, there need be big red label on the screen, do not use before repair. Who is repair person who leave this open after repair without check it after equipment is repaired and case enclosed. This is fatal class working error with electric.

Serial number label and sys info tell that main board have changed but serial label not.
When they have changed main board in some service this work quality have been extremely bad. So bad that if I have used this kind of repair service I set this service to Forbidden black list without any question or forgive. This simply must not happend, never.
(All bad things, broken connector, damaged cable, not connected safety ground, 99.9% these are nor Siglent Shenzhen factory production line made.  )

If I have workshop and there is worker who do this work quality he have 5 minutes time to walk out and never come back. Buhh...

Edit/Added: Public note to Siglent, who ever responsible peole in Siglent read this: For try rescue reputation,   only good solution what I can recommend for Siglent now after this all hassle, is that they immediately call back your equipment by DHL free pic-up from you  and send immediately brand new  equipment to you and deeply investigate what have hapend in this case and look who is responsible about these mistakes and learn from this case so that this can not happen. But, I'm not Siglent. I can only tell my opinion. We do not need any new "ntcnico".

« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 10:34:31 am by rf-loop »
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

The following users thanked this post: tautech, wojtek_p

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2016, 10:26:23 am »
(...)Also I'm surprised why you need contact with Siglent for solve these cases. There is dealer whos job after sales customer care is. If your car or bicycle have problem do you call car factory or bicycle factory or your dealer who need solve and help your problems. Or is seller only parcel forward shipper? (...)
because
(...) I received an older device! I complained about that fact to the Tomtronix company, but their only suggestion was to keep the device and use it (...).
and I wanted to have functional multimeter.
(...) We do not need any new "ntcnico".
I'm sorry but I do not understand it.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 11:48:54 am by wojtek_p »
Wojtek
aided google translation

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2016, 12:09:57 pm »
(...) We do not need any new "ntcnico".
I'm sorry but I do not understand it.

Sad old case where this nicnamed customer buy Siglent equipment  and after sales customer care nearly all gone wrong and after then very very badly disappointed customer who remember it perhaps whole his rest life - and we can still see this single man war here. Originally there was many ways how seller and Siglent can solve this situation so that not go to this final sad situation. 
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2016, 12:16:45 pm »
Oh ok, understand. I do not want any war. I'm just disappointed with the whole situation and the lack of response from the siglent.
Wojtek
aided google translation

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2016, 12:56:52 pm »
Note already sent to Siglent about this.
I have "heard" they (Siglent) want contact you asap for find acceptable solution.
Something have really gone wrong, perhaps in repair center. All do mistakes but winner is who also learn about mistakes and make corrections where ever mistake(s) have done. Let's hope you and Siglent find good solution for you.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 01:15:53 pm by rf-loop »

• Contributor
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2016, 01:07:37 pm »
Something have really gone wrong.
I hope. My email address has not changed.
I will be waiting for the information.
Wojtek
aided google translation

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2016, 05:53:03 pm »
It would be nice if they could simply courier you a brand *new* meter and then supply you with a prepaid return shipment label to return the one you have now.

Clearly they have animals handling repairs where ever your original meter went for "service".

Every manufacturer can have issues, let's hope Siglent makes this right and it has a happy ending.
VE7FM

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2016, 09:40:15 pm »
Note already sent to Siglent about this.
I have "heard" they (Siglent) want contact you asap for find acceptable solution.
Something have really gone wrong, perhaps in repair center. All do mistakes but winner is who also learn about mistakes and make corrections where ever mistake(s) have done. Let's hope you and Siglent find good solution for you.
Me too.

@Siglent, please ensure your customer is fully satisfied with their purchase.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline seabell

• Contributor
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2016, 02:45:19 am »
@Siglent, please ensure your customer is fully satisfied with their purchase.

They won't. I didn't even receive an apology. Instead, they behaved as if they were doing me a big favour.
Siglent sell tawdry products, and expect their customers to accept their line that "this is normal in the industry".
Anyway, now that I understand their modus operandi I can at least ensure they never receive another penny from me.
Be VERY wary of Siglent. They foist firmware that's barely past alpha stage on their customers, then expect YOU to cover the costs when your shiny new Sigbox turns tits-up.

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2016, 08:22:49 am »
I think that would be a good final of this case.
Wojtek
aided google translation

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2016, 08:24:07 am »
I think that would be a good final of this case.
Do not think that way.....there is a solution coming for you......
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

• Contributor
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2016, 08:34:58 am »
I hope. That's why I wrote that it would be a good final.
I'm sorry but my English is not the best and sometimes can write something wrong :)
Wojtek
aided google translation

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2016, 08:57:45 am »
I hope. That's why I wrote that it would be a good final.
I'm sorry but my English is not the best and sometimes can write something wrong :)
I can relay to you from the SIGLENT HAMBURG manager:
we ‘d like to replace the unit with latest FW Of course with no cost to the customer.

I will send you PM with contact particulars.

Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf