Author Topic: SDS1104X-E Decoder output via SCPI?  (Read 910 times)

Offline teddyzTopic starter

SDS1104X-E Decoder output via SCPI?
« on: December 05, 2020, 06:26:44 am »
I successfully decoded some data. I can find a some USB-stick and save the data to it and then move it to my PC.

But is it possible to ask (politely) via SCPI (on built in webpage) and retrieve the data that way?

/Dick

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: SDS1104X-E Decoder output via SCPI?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 07:05:42 am »
Welcome to the forum.

Saving files via the webserver Instrument Control feature is conceivably even easier than SCPI.
Enter Instrument Control and top right is a small vertical blue bar, click it to expand the webserves version of the front panel controls and below them is another set of virtual buttons that are shortcuts to take advantage of the fast DSO to PC connection.
The one you'll want is Waveform Save which instantly dumps a .BIN file into your PC browsers download folder.
Mostly we want such dumps as a CSV so the next button along titled BIN to CSV tool drops a little app into your browsers download folder too.
Install this tool on your PC and run all BIN captures through it to be converted into CSV's so you can further process them as required.
Once set up to do a BIN capture and convert it to a CSV the time required is far less than it took me to write this post.
Have fun.  :)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline teddyzTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 07:31:50 am »
Thank you for for answering my question so fast!

I had always wondered why the tab was named "Instrument Control" instead of "Instrument Display", and thanks to you I now know that it is possible to use this instead of the instrument's buttons.
The converter program works, I get a long csv with the samples.

But I was not clear on what I wanted. I have decoded some serial port data and can see the result as a list on screen (and thanks to you I can scroll that list from my PC) or I can save it to USB.

It would be simpler if the instrument could send the decoded data to my computer.

/Dick

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 07:10:12 pm »
Thank you for for answering my question so fast!

I had always wondered why the tab was named "Instrument Control" instead of "Instrument Display", and thanks to you I now know that it is possible to use this instead of the instrument's buttons.
Not only is the webserver useful for local instrument control but long distance remote control.
A member here kindy opened network ports for myself and a buddy and from NZ we were able to control his instrument in the USA and look screenshots remotely to prove it !
The converter program works, I get a long csv with the samples.

But I was not clear on what I wanted. I have decoded some serial port data and can see the result as a list on screen (and thanks to you I can scroll that list from my PC) or I can save it to USB.

It would be simpler if the instrument could send the decoded data to my computer.
Hmmm, I had a bash around in my SDS1104X-E and couldn't see a way to get only the decoded list sorry.

Other than a work around of successive screenshots of the list and scrolling down it and grabbing another screenshot I don't see a way to accomplish what you need.  :(

Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf