Author Topic: SDS1104X-E Wifi needs router SSID broadcast all the time?  (Read 3370 times)

Offline pOMTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: SDS1104X-E Wifi needs router SSID broadcast all the time?
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2022, 01:56:34 am »
. . . Unfortunately we can't grab screenshots of the LAN or WLAN configurations to show typical setups as the scope's OS doesn't permit it presumably for security reasons. However photos can be taken.  :)

I set the IP address and will see how it works out over the next two days, so that I definitely pass the lease time. 

As for the screenshot, we may not be able to grab those screenshots directly on the scope, but we can view the LAN and WLAN configurations when using the web browser, and that can then do a "screen shot" to a .png.

[ Specified attachment is not available ]
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 02:05:44 am by pOM »

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Online tubularnut

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2022, 02:52:22 pm »
It doesn't actually matter if you hide the IP address etc on a screenshot, as it is no good to anyone outside of your local network, and if someone was on your local network, then worrying about your scope's IP is the least of your problems  :)

The following users thanked this post: pOM

Offline pOMTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2022, 06:06:17 pm »
Update:

Okay . . . Manual setting of the IP address seems to have worked.  On start-up the scope automatically connects to the WLAN, it syncs the clock and when needed, the computer web browser works.

I had originally set the IP with the DHCP On, turning it off after saving.  This didn't appear to be correct; when booted up the scope accessed the WLAN, but the web browser still didn't connect. 

The second time, when in the WLAN I/O page, DHCP was manually turned Off, then the IP was set, and saved.  Pressing the "Connect" soft key linked the scope to the WLAN (SSID and PW has been set previously).  I noticed that the connection is completed very fast, as is the web browser, when needed.  I believe someone mentioned faster remote operation with the DHCP Off, and that seems to be the case for me as well.

Questions answered, and all good now.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 06:18:17 pm by pOM »

The following users thanked this post: tubularnut

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf