Author Topic: SDS1104X-E/1204 Cursor Message Box transparency -- how to make it see-through?  (Read 630 times)

Offline pOMTopic starter

• Contributor
(Scope version info image attached.)

Can the "transparency" of the cursor message box background be increased so that it doesn't block waveforms in that space?

I didn't find anything in my search here (I might have missed with incorrect keywords), but there are posts mentioning this same issue.  The User Manual I have (UM0101E-E03C) has this instruction on page 132:

"To adjust the transparence of the cursors message box, press the Display/Persist softkey and go to the second page, press the Transparence (20% to 80%) softkey and then turn the Universal Knob to adjust the transparence to the desired value."

But there's no apparent change when varying the level between minimum and maximum (see attached).  When using the universal knob to change the indicated %, there's a horizontal rectangular box below the cursor box with a moving bar inside.  As the % is increased, the bar moves to the right but also becomes more transparent, so that when set to 90% (max), the bar itself is invisible.  But there's no change in the cursor box background.

Am I missing a step, or doing it totally wrong, or, is the transparency of the cursor message box not variable?

« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 08:30:50 pm by pOM »

Offline 807

• Frequent Contributor
Despite the manual saying that the Transparence setting works with the cursor box, mine doesn't either.

It works fine with the Statistics & All Measure boxes though.

The following users thanked this post: pOM

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
Maybe Siglent need to be made aware as it is a bit of a usability issue.  It could probably be fixed fairly easily.
Bill  (Currently a Siglent fanboy)
--------------------------------------------------
Want to see an old guy fumble around re-learning a career left 40 years ago?  Well, look no further .. https://www.youtube.com/@uni-byte

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
It do not work now for cursors message box.

But other thing: I will recommend latest User Manual instead of quite  old version.

Latest User Manual for all SDS1000X-E/X-U series oscilloscopes can download here:
https://www.siglenteu.com//wp-content/uploads/dlm_uploads/2021/08/SDS1000X-ESDS1000X-U_UserManual_EN05B.pdf
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline pOMTopic starter

• Contributor
Thanks all for the confirmations that the transparence issue isn't just my SDS1104X-E.

Hopefully, now, a fix will be included in a future firmware update.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf