Author Topic: SDS800X HD Wanted Features  (Read 42385 times)

Offline eTobey

• Frequent Contributor
Re: SDS800X HD Bugs/Wanted Features
« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2024, 06:29:26 am »
The Menu Hide feature works just as it should.
You dont read the posts, and then ask what it is about. Then they tell you, and you still seem to read just half of it. Then you go on and tell others have to learn the scope... I hereby award you the tripple facepalm award. :palm::palm::palm:

Gosh, you are so annoying. Please dont ever react to any posts of mine, or that result from posts of mine, ever again!!

No wonder you got so many posts...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 06:45:57 am by eTobey »
"Sometimes, after talking with a person, you want to pet a dog, wave at a monkey, and take off your hat to an elephant." (Maxim Gorki)

Offline electronics hobbyist

• Regular Contributor
    • sds800x-hd-review-demonstration-thread
« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2024, 07:02:10 am »

Many thanks for your efforts to maintain a summary list of bugs and feature requests. As this thread is growing in length, and often multiple posts back & forth are required to clarify a bug report or feature request, it is very helpful to have a concise list.

However, I believe your list is actually too concise now, since it does not incude enough context and details -- be it on how to reproduce a bug, or how the desired feature was described. E.g. when someone at Siglent reads your "26. Auto-hiding should not happen at all, when a dialog is open", they will just say: So what, that's how it is already implmenented in the scope?!

May I suggest that you include a link to a relevant post with each item in your list? Then those interested in details can read up in the relevant part of this thread.

Okay, I'll add the relevant links when I have time.

For the specific auto-hiding issue, I want to reiterate that it is not a feature request but a bug report. Siglent has already implemented the "no auto-hiding when a dialog is open" throughout the SDS software. It is just under the specific cirumstances described in my reply #97 -- changing the input channel in the Math Function dialog -- that a timeout is activated, and that is certainly not intentional. It is also not a normal non-activity timeout, but it "strikes" even when the user keeps clicking things in the dialog.

Yes, I misunderstood. Opening a dialog box will not automatically hide it unless a bug occurs. I will first remove requirement No.26, and then add it to the bug list if anyone discovers an automatically hidden bug.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 07:05:49 am by electronics hobbyist »

The following users thanked this post: ebastler

Offline eTobey

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2024, 12:20:54 pm »
The bug in this video is the bug No.1 proposed by Martin, the two functions are mutually affecting each other.I have modified the description of bug No.1 .

Its funny, that i described potentially the same bug, even with a video, but he still does not see it as a bug....

My guess is, that it is not just setting jpg to png, but resetting the whole save thing? I can not reproduce this, but i think he is using an older firmware then me.

Everyone using this scope, and tries to contribute here, should upgrade to the latest firmware!
"Sometimes, after talking with a person, you want to pet a dog, wave at a monkey, and take off your hat to an elephant." (Maxim Gorki)

Offline eTobey

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2024, 01:04:57 pm »
25. When typing with the keyboard, dont close everything, when you click on a non keyboard area.
Actually i would like the keyboard to stay open until hit enter! It is still annoying to open it again after you missed it.

Add another thing:
Add Start/stop button in webcontrol.

Online KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2024, 02:04:13 pm »
Gosh, you are so annoying. Please dont ever react to any posts of mine, or that result from posts of mine, ever again!!

Your posts and behavior are obnoxious. Instead of flooding a bug thread with your issues, you should be posting in the beginner's forum while you learn the scope's platform. Once you've actually learned how to use the scope, make sure your firmware is updated, and then see if you've actually found any bugs. You get the triple eyeroll award. 🙄🙄🙄
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

The following users thanked this post: rf-loop, Performa01, newbrain, 2N3055, Martin72

Offline eTobey

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2024, 03:15:26 pm »
Your posts and behavior are obnoxious. Instead of flooding a bug thread with your issues, you should be posting in the beginner's forum while you learn the scope's platform. Once you've actually learned how to use the scope, make sure your firmware is updated, and then see if you've actually found any bugs. You get the triple eyeroll award. 🙄🙄🙄

I found way more bugs, than i postet issues here. I had to post multiple posts until others understood but still some didnt. If a flood of information is not enough then... oh well. Even our chinese friend understood, and that means something!
I see the fanboys thanked your post...

You are welcome to put me on your ignore list... I would not mind at all.

Offline hfleming

• Contributor
« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2024, 03:19:46 pm »
A Python-like scripting language that can be executed from the scope itself would have been nice.

Offline eTobey

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2024, 03:25:34 pm »
A Python-like scripting language that can be executed from the scope itself would have been nice.

Yeah, that would be really cool. But dont let it be a new kind of language.

And before others want to say now "there is SCPI". Actually try it yourself with reading some big (~12 entries or about) datasets from decode... Its buggy. I tried that with my limited beginner skills and could not achive this...

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2024, 03:34:55 pm »

I found way more bugs, than i postet issues here. I had to post multiple posts until others understood but still some didnt. If a flood of information is not enough then... oh well. Even our chinese friend understood, and that means something!
I see the fanboys thanked your post...

You are welcome to put me on your ignore list... I would not mind at all.

You are behaving like a rude and abrasive individual that think other people are his servants.
Most of your "bugs" are you not understanding what you are doing, and with your enormous ego it MUST be somebody's else fault.
You are spamming this forum with literally hundreds of useless messages.

We don't want to ignore you.
We want for you to start behaving with proper etiquette.

You have no right coming here bothering US and then say we are free to go away if we don't like you.
It is rather the other way around. You go away and bother somebody else.

Or learn to play nicely with other people and be part of community.
This would be preferred.

Please ?

The following users thanked this post: rf-loop, Performa01, KungFuJosh, Martin72, Bad_Driver, RAPo

Offline eTobey

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2024, 04:01:16 pm »
:blah:
I see no more sense in this disccusion. Just look what ebastler wrote...

Offline eTobey

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2024, 04:04:20 pm »
This one goes uniquely to my chinese friend(!):

Another wanted feature:
When choosing C2 waveform (on the bottom left icons) it should be displayed abouve the Reference waveform.
Also when selected the Referencewaveform, it should be possible to alter its intensity.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2024, 06:23:03 pm »
:blah:
I see no more sense in this disccusion. Just look what ebastler wrote...

Maybe you should see no sense in being here at all and give everyone a break.

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, newbrain, 2N3055, Mortymore, KungFuJosh, Martin72, Veteran68, radiohomebrewer2000

Offline eTobey

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2024, 06:55:47 pm »
Another suggestion:
When only one channel is activated, let the trigger source automatically be  this one. (Remember the old trigger source, and switch back to it, when the corresponding channel is activated again?).

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2024, 07:16:54 pm »
25. When typing with the keyboard, dont close everything, when you click on a non keyboard area.
Actually i would like the keyboard to stay open until hit enter! It is still annoying to open it again after you missed it.

Add another thing:
Look in the Acquire menu.  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline eTobey

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2024, 09:21:01 pm »
It is not at the place where one would expect it (see picture).

It would fit much better like on the picture. Aside from this, that dialog can stay open like others would (could even be implemented as an option to close or not).

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2024, 09:32:39 pm »

It would fit much better like on the picture. Aside from this, that dialog can stay open like others would (could even be implemented as an option to close or not).

you presumably bought some cheap chinese product, you want finesse in the usability? what planet are you on. Does nothing please you?

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2024, 09:39:58 pm »
This I overlooked too however I did not apply intuition where Stop/Run is an acquisition process, Stop/start acquisition.

When others pointed this out to me elsewhere, I had a Duh moment, yes of course.  |O
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2024, 09:49:20 pm »

BTW, Force trigger also restarts acquisition.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline eTobey

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2024, 09:50:57 pm »
you presumably bought some cheap chinese product, you want finesse in the usability? what planet are you on. Does nothing please you?

This is not cheap, alltough not expensive, and this is not a finesse at all.

And yes, i only give negative feedback.

BTW: this is not a complaint, but a suggestion...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 09:52:59 pm by eTobey »

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #119 on: March 28, 2024, 12:54:01 am »
The bug in this video is the bug No.1 proposed by Martin, the two functions are mutually affecting each other.I have modified the description of bug No.1 .

Its funny, that i described potentially the same bug, even with a video, but he still does not see it as a bug....

My guess is, that it is not just setting jpg to png, but resetting the whole save thing? I can not reproduce this, but i think he is using an older firmware then me.

Everyone using this scope, and tries to contribute here, should upgrade to the latest firmware!

It was quite difficult to understand your question for the first time, but later you used videos to explain it, which made me understand,
so you are also learning, aren't you? So be tolerant of others. :)

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #120 on: March 28, 2024, 12:57:11 am »

Add another thing:

As tautech said, Run/Stop belongs to Waveform Acquisition, so it is not a problem.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #121 on: March 28, 2024, 01:11:29 am »
Another suggestion:
When only one channel is activated, let the trigger source automatically be  this one. (Remember the old trigger source, and switch back to it, when the corresponding channel is activated again?).

This belongs to changing user settings and should also be avoided.
Of course, it is more convenient for some people.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #122 on: March 28, 2024, 01:25:26 am »

I found way more bugs, than i postet issues here.

Thank you for discovering the bug. The fact is that there are two more bugs added, bug No.7 and bug No.8, while the rest are requests.
Bug No.1 can also not be considered a bug, the design is like this, where two functions use the same menu, which is not in line with the habits of most users.Therefore, I still added it to the bug list.
Still welcome your suggestions that are beneficial to most users.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 02:22:26 am by electronics hobbyist »

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #123 on: March 28, 2024, 01:35:30 am »
As the requests increases, some requests are important to some people and may not affect others at all.
Therefore, at least two people need to agree on the requests before adding them to the list.I also count one vote, I have been using various oscilloscopes for a long time.
If there are too many requests in the list, manufacturers also have priority in implementing them. So let's limit it, Place important requests in the list.

Welcome everyone to share more ideas, of course, it would be better to discover bugs.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 01:50:05 am by electronics hobbyist »

Online KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #124 on: March 28, 2024, 02:06:07 am »
As the requirements increases, some requirements are important to some people and may not affect others at all.

It would be better to call them "requests" rather than "requirements." It's a wish list, not a ransom demand letter. 😉
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf