Products > Test Equipment

Search: Bench DMM with small depth

<< < (4/5) > >>

rsjsouza:
Indeed. Right angle plugs help immensely with the depth.

There was talk about cutting a VC8145 in half, but you could also make the case to put a battery inside of it and use it in a more portable fashion, thus not requiring the plug at all times. But the depth still poses a constraint to the OP's case.

Fungus:

--- Quote from: rsjsouza on December 07, 2021, 03:01:18 pm ---There was talk about cutting a VC8145 in half

--- End quote ---

Artists impression:  :)

All you need is a saw and lots of hot-glue.  :-+

You could even convert the power supply section into a separate box.

25 CPS:
You’ve got a nice lab set up there!  Mine’s in the basement too.

Have you considered an HP 3457A if you can find one locally in good shape at a reasonable price?

I just did a couple quick and admittedly sloppy measurement of my bench DMMs and the 3457A is the shallowest at about 27 cm.

The 34401A is an approximate tie with 3478A at about 35-36 cm.

The 3457A shaves around 8-9 cm off the depth of the instrument; is that enough to make it fit?

flolic:
Owon XDM1041?

David Hess:

--- Quote from: coppercone2 on December 07, 2021, 08:35:44 am ---I recommend you try your luck at some kind of carpentry magic.
--- End quote ---

That is my common solution.  I build little wooden stands, sort of like an old time printer stand, to hold the instrument above my workbench surface restoring that area for use.  You can do a lot with a chop saw, orbital sander, furring boards, hand drill, and some paint or varnish.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version