Products > Test Equipment

Second Bench Power Supply Search

(1/4) > >>

WarSim:
I have seen may bench power supply help threads but only for standard ranges. 

Currently I have a Tenma 72-6905 it isn't great but good enough. 
I pre-regulate anything important. 
So you don't have to look it up it is. 8-15 1A, 2.2-5.2 1A, +-0-30 0-3A all isolated. 
I like it because it has series, parallel and isolated switchs.

What I am missing is something that can give me 150v .5A. 
My actual requirements are 140v but I like to leave headroom for pre-regulation when required. 
I can make over 150v by chaining almost all my power supplies but i'd rather not.
Ideally I something like think a +-75v 0-1A would be my most adaptable solution. 
Other selling points Compact (small bench) and 115 60Hz (Canada)

Here is the problem I have slogged through hundreds of power supply specs looking for my best option. 
I have found that most sites do not advertise the voltages and I end up at the standard 0-30v supplies. 
For this reason the only supply I any real info in is a B&K power supply for $800ish. 
I am thinking there must be other viable options out there, for under $500.
Before I give up and make one I want to ask everyone if they know of any other options for me to look at. 

PedroDaGr8:

--- Quote from: WarSim on July 16, 2013, 05:02:13 am ---I have seen may bench power supply help threads but only for standard ranges. 

Currently I have a Tenma 72-6905 it isn't great but good enough. 
I pre-regulate anything important. 
So you don't have to look it up it is. 8-15 1A, 2.2-5.2 1A, +-0-30 0-3A all isolated. 
I like it because it has series, parallel and isolated switchs.

What I am missing is something that can give me 150v .5A. 
My actual requirements are 140v but I like to leave headroom for pre-regulation when required. 
I can make over 150v by chaining almost all my power supplies but i'd rather not.
Ideally I something like think a +-75v 0-1A would be my most adaptable solution. 
Other selling points Compact (small bench) and 115 60Hz (Canada)

Here is the problem I have slogged through hundreds of power supply specs looking for my best option. 
I have found that most sites do not advertise the voltages and I end up at the standard 0-30v supplies. 
For this reason the only supply I any real info in is a B&K power supply for $800ish. 
I am thinking there must be other viable options out there, for under $500.
Before I give up and make one I want to ask everyone if they know of any other options for me to look at.

--- End quote ---

You didn't mention if you mind used or not. Personally, with PS I think used is the way to go. You get the best bang for the buck. If you don't mind used the HP 6827A should fit your bill. +/- 100V (it actually functions as both a dual power supply and as a high power op-amp, kinda cool). They go for under $500 on ebay. Also, testequipmentdepot has a good search ability (you can browse models and easily see their max ratings) see here for an example

WarSim:
A good used is fine, but usually old is bigger. 
Only thing giving me pause is work recently got rid of a load of that exact model due to intermittent issues. 
Hopefully not the same ones.

WarSim:
I just think under $500 new should be possible for what I am looking for.
Defiantly on the list.
Sorry the forum would not include this half on he previous post for some reason?

jpb:
The trouble with power supplies is they are heavy to ship.

In the UK TTi do good supplies, for instance:

http://www.tti-test.com/products-tti/psu/ex752m.htm

which can do 0 to 150V at up to 2A.

They also do the PLH250 which goes to 250V but unfortunately only 375mA.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version