Author Topic: FIXED Sencore LC102 Capacitor testing problem low values  (Read 3725 times)

Offline Quarlo Klobrigney

• Frequent Contributor
  • This Space For Rent
Re: FIXED Sencore LC102 Capacitor testing problem low values
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2020, 04:50:38 pm »
I think you said it works now, am I correct?

As far as the wandering all over, all of mine do that. RG-62 is what they use for coax if I remember. It was bending everywhere all those years, not to mention how good is the shielding on the cable after all this time? Did you do the full external calibration?

As for grounding, yes it is grounded through the power cord and several places in the unit. I don't understand what they're referring to.... :popcorn:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 04:53:27 pm by Quarlo Klobrigney »
Voltage does not flow, nor does voltage go.

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2020, 02:13:07 am »
sometimes the grounding on the probes are to get rid of stray capacitances values

My lc-102 was working fine with some non rg-62 cables, until you reach a capacitance value and resistance value, the lc102 in open and short test mode may pass fine,  i had to cut 1 inch of lenght of the cable i had  because of the added micro clips i had to change.

You have a seller on ebay who sell very good rg-62 cable   i bought 2 of them and they worked perfectly

Offline fastguidoTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2020, 03:57:03 pm »
Yes it works, just noticed the wandering measuring low values of capacitance say 1500pf, it seems to wander from the marked value to a lower value then to a higher value, then back down, kinda like its scanning back and forth, never seems to settle.  I going to check out the grounds on the external power supply.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf