Author Topic: Sencore LC101 Schematic needed  (Read 3925 times)

Offline mskobierTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Test Equipmentaholic!
Sencore LC101 Schematic needed
« on: June 12, 2015, 06:14:04 pm »
All,
    I just pulled my Sencore LC101 down from the shelf to use today. I haven't needed to use it in a couple of years. Anyway, its dead!. I get a momentary display upon turning it on, then nothing. No display, no LEDs, nothing. I checked the fuse and it was good. Just a beginning guess, but its probably the power supply. Anyway, I need a schematic or better yet a service manual for it. Can anyone help me out, or no where I can find a copy of the schematic?

Thanks
Mitch

Offline lapm

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Sencore LC101 Schematic needed
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 06:15:42 pm »
Electronics, Linux, Programming, Science... im interested all of it...

• Regular Contributor
  • Test Equipmentaholic!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 07:41:58 pm »
lapm,
     Thanks for a copy of the manual. I had already located a manual. What I need is a copy of the schematic, and/or actual service manual if one exists. I do appreciate your effort to locate a copy of the manual though.

Mitch

Offline PaulAm

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 09:09:40 pm »
It's hard finding Sencore schematics.  You might try Sencore, or check with Artek.  I got a schematic/service manual for a CR70 from them.

Offline commongrounder

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 10:24:20 pm »
Sencore has long been out of the test gear business, and manuals have mostly been depleted.  There are sellers on ebay who have been consolidating sencore manuals on CD for a reasonable cost.  Ironically,  the problem with your cap analyzer is likely bad caps in the power supply.

• Regular Contributor
  • Test Equipmentaholic!
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 02:57:02 am »
commongrounder,
     I've noticed the sellers on -bay, but their listing is for the manual that is listed in this thread and I also found from other sources on the net. Unfortunately, none of these have the schematic included.

I was thinking the same thing in regards to the power supply being the problem. I did check the voltages across the three electrolytics on the main board, and they did not seem to be much out of spec. That's based upon the voltage rating of the capacitor being about 50% higher than the voltage I was measuring across each of the capacitors. Unfortunately, I do not know what the voltages are supposed to be, so its just a guess. Hopefully someone will have a schematic I can get a copy of.

Mitch

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf