Author Topic: Questions as I ponder bench supplies (SPD3303X-E vs TP3005D-3 vs other)...  (Read 6453 times)

Offline bitbanger

• Regular Contributor
Re: Questions as I ponder bench supplies (SPD3303X-E vs TP3005D-3 vs other)...
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2019, 05:40:21 pm »
You can occasionally pick these TTI's up on fleabay for ~$200USD +  shipping. Rock solid, basic programming ability (some models) if you really need it. I have a Rogol DP712 and this gets more use.

I wouldn't consider a multi-channel PSU that didn't allow you to set current w/out manually shorting the output. Same goes for channel control - call me lazy but I prefer the ability to turn on/off individual outputs vs unplugging the banana.

PL330DP
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 05:47:23 pm by bitbanger »

Offline MartyMacGyverTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2019, 06:42:16 pm »
Hirschmann has very nice stackable silicone banana leads which aren't expensive. Making banana leads yourself is hardly worth it.
I was looking at Hirschmann - they're USD10 each, plus an extra USD20 as a "freight" charge (Newark). Pomona may be a better option for where I am (US), but either way I'm keeping things flexible til I know what exactly I need (only a few things I have use banana plugs, and the voltage drop over the typical 18AWG-22AWG wiring used for these is more than it would be with the 14 AWG write I got).

It is odd to me that so many of the plugs out there (even the not-cheap ones) use the "spinning" spring plug design. Not sure why that's common or popular (doesn't seem like it's particularly economical). That's one thing I like about the Hirschmann ones... and why I'm considering buying their plug ends to be able to make custom lengths using a better gauge of wire (14AWG).

Offline MartyMacGyverTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2019, 05:26:42 am »
FYI, I received my 3303 today - it immediately led to a question I hope to get clarity on before I put the box in storage (versus have it repaired, if there's actually a problem indicated). Odds are it's fine but I want to be sure:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/spd3303x-e-(unmodified)-curious-behavior-when-outputs-are-on/

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf