Author Topic: Uni-T UTG962E  (Read 1691 times)

Offline dr_whenTopic starter

Uni-T UTG962E
« on: December 11, 2022, 07:09:36 pm »
Happy to report I just purchased and received a UNI-T UTG936E signal generator from Amazon and got it this morning. After struggling for hours trying to get the thing to work with Windows 11 and failing after searching a thousand forum topics and reloading driver over and over and playing with everything I could think of, I boxed the sucker up and returned it to Amazon. Felt great. I am so tired of Chineseum devices with crappy software that it felt great to just not put up with it any longer. Should have done that with my Hantek portable scope. I guess you get what you pay for. Yay, Amazon!!
"He's no fun, he fell right over"
Firesign Theatre

Online wasedadoc

• Super Contributor
Re: Uni-T UTG962E
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2022, 07:17:56 pm »
There is no such thing as a UNI-T 936E Generator.  If you cannot type a model number correctly, maybe your failure to get the generator to work with Windows 11 was a PEBKAC error.  :)

I cannot speak about Windows 11, but I can confirm I had no problem getting my 962E to work with Windows 10.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 07:20:03 pm by wasedadoc »

The following users thanked this post: Jacon

Offline dr_whenTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2022, 07:57:52 pm »
@wasedoc ... mistyped: UTG962E. Regardless, Windows 10 is not Windows 11. I could not get it to work and followed countless forum threads for a solution. In looking deeper, there were parts of the driver dated 2013 and earlier. Also the quality of the software sucked and you cannot load Arb waveforms down to the device without jumping to other crappy software. Glad yours worked... you must be awesome.
"He's no fun, he fell right over"
Firesign Theatre

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2022, 02:44:12 am »
and you started an thread to rant about it ??

Windows 11 support Windows 10 softwares without an itch,  unless  it goes crazy ??  and you have compatibility modes too

I'm on 11   with lots of programmers and instruments,   did not have issues up to now ??

Sure  there are depreciated usb interfaces and you will see some problems in device manager  ...

The following users thanked this post: dr_when

Offline Adrian_Arg.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2022, 10:59:58 am »
what a strange friend, I had one of those generators until a few days ago testing it and comparing it with my fY6900, and I kept it connected in an asus netbbok with windows 11 without problems

in spanish
que raro amigo, tuve uno de esos generadores hasta hace unos dias probandoloy comparandolo con mi fY6900, y lo mantuve conectado en una netbbok asus con windows 11 sin problemas

Offline ozkarah

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2022, 10:14:29 pm »
what a strange friend, I had one of those generators until a few days ago testing it and comparing it with my fY6900, and I kept it connected in an asus netbbok with windows 11 without problems

in spanish
que raro amigo, tuve uno de esos generadores hasta hace unos dias probandoloy comparandolo con mi fY6900, y lo mantuve conectado en una netbbok asus con windows 11 sin problemas

So, what is your findings in regard to the comparison of those two devices?

Offline Adrian_Arg.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2022, 12:13:36 pm »
I am not an expert, but I found better results with frequencies higher than 1Mhz, such as in the square wave, for example, when executing pulses at low voltages, which was the reason why they gave it to me, it worked better than the 6900, since I generate less noise, my 6900 is 20 Mhz and the Uni-T UTG962E was 60 Mhz, I think for that reason some waves reflected better on my oscilloscope. I would have liked to have had it for longer, but I had borrowed it, because I had to finish a project and I was wary of the 6900, which actually worked quite well for the price I paid at the time with a discount in 2019, 72 dollars. They are not tools like the rigol ds1054z that i use very often. the tests that I carried out in free time, different functions, always taking into account the maximum values of the 6900, and in what I use mine, I think it is worth it, for the use that I need, the fy6900, I did not uncover it to see inside, they are still devices for hobbyists
in spanish
no soy un experto, pero encontre mejores resultados  con frecuencias superiores al 1Mhz como por ejemplo en la onda cuadrada por ejemplo, al ejecutar pulsos a bajos voltajes que era el motivo por el que me lo prestaron funciono mejor que el 6900, ya que genero menos ruido, mi 6900 es de 20 Mhz y el Uni-T UTG962E era de 60 Mhz, creo que por ese motivo algunas ondas se reflejaban mejor en mi osciloscopio. me hubiese gustado tenerlo mas tiempo, pero lo habia solicitado prestado, porque tenia que terminar un proyecto y desconfiaba del 6900, que en realidad cumplio bastante bien para el precio que lo pague en su momento con descuento en el 2019, 72 dolares.no son herramientas al igual que el rigol ds1054z que use muy a menudo. las pruebas que realize en tiempo libre, distintas funciones, siempre tomando en cuenta los valores maximos del 6900,  y en lo que yo uso el mio, creo que vale la pena, para el uso que preciso, el fy6900, no lo destape para ver su interior, siguen siendo aparatos para hobistas

Offline TheNewLab

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2022, 12:31:50 pm »
About crappy software programs,

There is an open-source project that has been developed to handle many models and brands of multimeters. The developer and friends have even been able to add features not included with the manufacturer's software. It's been a couple of years since (essentially pre-Covid) when I last checked. There is also open-source software for multiple models/brands of Oscilloscopes.  Have not tried the one for oscilloscopes.

I really cannot remember the multimeter software name. I have just updated my laptop OS, and was searching for my copy to install..cannot find it or remember the name.

If anyone remembers it, PLEASE let us know. The developer is/ was active on this forum and eager to add new multimeters as requested.

Joe Smith has modified LabView for many multimeters, however, it requires a working copy of LabView. He might know of the open-source application..

Offline TheNewLab

• Frequent Contributor
« Last Edit: December 25, 2022, 01:10:42 pm by TheNewLab »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf