Author Topic: [Guide] Install Siglent EasyWaveX/EasyScopeX/EasyPower/EasyDMM on Linux via Wine  (Read 6313 times)

Offline szszokeTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: [Guide] Install Siglent EasyWaveX on Linux with Wine
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2021, 12:12:13 pm »
EasyDMM also seems to work, but I was not able to put my SDM3055 back into local mode after I closed the application. I had to reboot it.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2021, 12:45:05 pm »
Nice work and forwarded to Siglent for guidance to build an App Note for Easy* products use on Linux.
Have you checked if EasyScopeX will just install and work straight off as it does/should in Windows once NIVISA components are installed ?

To sum it up, EasyWaveX, EasyScopeX, EasyDMM and EasyPower all seem to work on Linux via Wine.

More testing needed to check all the functionality these apps provide.

I updated the guide in the first post to include the all four applications that I tested.

I do not have more devices to test for now.

In a few months I might get a Siglent DC load and then I can test that one too.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2021, 12:52:17 pm »
Chatted with a beta tester today whom is a Linux guru and the mention of what you'd done with Wine and asking him to check EasySpectrum and EasyPower functionality was likened to kicking him in the gonads.  :-DD
However he was right that everything is going to webserver but currently EasyWaveX has a little feature set of its own for the current range of SDG's but SDG7000 might change that however it's likely to be out of the hobbyists budget.

Above my pay grade what you've done but watching with great interest as a Windows user.

It's good that they are moving things to a webserver, however I wish they would hire professionals to do the UI. The web interface has really bad UX on my SDS1104X-E.

Granted, I am very biased because I build web applications (not websites) for a living.

As a hobbyist it is highly unlikely that I will be able to justify anything beyond the next level up compared to what I have now. Even if they move completely to web UIs, that won't affect me unless they backport those solutions to the entry level devices.

I was actually thinking that much of the UI could be implemented via client-side JavaScript and unless there is a storage space limitation, we should be able to replace/extend the built-in web UI on the SDS1104X-E.

Offline knulpi

For anyone stumbling across this, wondering how to get this thing running on newer versions of wine.

I got the "recent" EasyScopeX running using Bottles on Flatpak, on a Kubuntu 23.10 machine.

I attached the Bottles config (rename to yml), but a rough guide:

• Use caffe runner
  • Install dotnet35 dotnet35sp1 (setup might fail, does not matter) dotnet452 dotnet461 dotnet462 vcredist6 vcredist6sp6
  • Use Windows 7 as base OS
  • Install NI-VISA 5.4 (NOT 5.4.1) runtime
  • Install EasyScopeX
  • Launch and use VX11 with the IP of the scope as connection

Good luck :3

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf