Author Topic: siglent.eu ?  (Read 2455 times)

Offline carl0sTopic starter

• Supporter
siglent.eu ?
« on: October 12, 2021, 01:27:47 pm »
Anybody have any trouble with siglent.eu ?
I ordered an SDS2204X Plus with the LA bundle, and also their training / test board thing, last Monday (~8 days ago).
Before I placed the order, there was an error on their website, so I contacted the info@ email address and received a prompt reply that it was being fixed and to try again in 30 minutes.
I tried again and placed my order, no problem.
I received an order confirmation 04/10/2021 12:48.

Thursday 7/10/21 I emailed the same info@ address asking if there was an estimate for the delivery date.
No reply so far.
Yesterday (11/10/21) I asked the same, via the contact form on their website.

All gone quiet.

Order status just says "paid".
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 02:11:54 pm by carl0s »
--
Carl

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
Re: siglent.eu ?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 02:57:39 pm »
Siglent.eu is a company that sells Siglent products. They are not very "consistent" with their service...

That is not a Siglent web site, Siglent web site in EU is siglenteu.com.

You would be better off if you have ordered from Batronix, Batteryfly, or Welectron from Europe.
Or even better yet, Telonic directly in UK, members here from UK say they are OK. And no import procedure.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 06:09:07 pm by 2N3055 »

The following users thanked this post: nctnico, oz2cpu

Offline masterx81

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 03:56:12 pm »
In 2018 i've ordered two 1104x-e, no problems with them. They have shipped them 3 days after the order confirmation. I think the site is maintained by "JR Special Electronics". They seem an authorized siglent reseller: https://www.siglenteu.com/how-to-buy/

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 08:54:56 pm »
Aye, I know who they are / aren't. They are an authorised distributor though.

The UK suppliers did not have the kits / bundles that I wanted.

There's no import duty from EUR to UK and no VAT due at the border either, under the postponed accounting scheme. Should pass through unimpeded.
--
Carl

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 09:49:40 pm »
and also their training / test board thing

Ah, maybe that´s the trap...

When I remember it right I´ve ordered the demoboard by siglenteu.com too.
It lasts several weeks and the informations about the status were weak.
They should offer the option about shipping avaible parts of the order separately instead of waiting for another to arrive.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 10:04:28 pm by Martin72 »

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2021, 11:02:34 am »
and also their training / test board thing

Ah, maybe that´s the trap...

When I remember it right I´ve ordered the demoboard by siglenteu.com too.
It lasts several weeks and the informations about the status were weak.
They should offer the option about shipping avaible parts of the order separately instead of waiting for another to arrive.

Yeah. They could just reply to my email though and let me know... being ignored makes you think something is wrong.
--
Carl

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2021, 06:43:36 pm »
Hi,

Yes it was siglent.eu - in 2020, I´ve ordered the deskew fixture from them.
They confirmed the order at 30.05., at 13.06., they claim the order has been shipped...
At the 19.06. they answered me, the item will arrive to them this week - Although they claimed it has been shipped before.
A "few" days later:

Hi XXXX,

Today we got the 28.06. .... at 30.05. I´ve ordered and payed in advance the item.

If this won´t arrive inbetween the next week to me, I want to cancel the order and get my money back.
The bank data of me will be then posted in a separate email.

Regards,

Martin
Am 19.06.2020 um 11:35 schrieb info - Siglent.eu:
Hi Martin,

Thank you for your email.
I check with the warehouse now. ( we expected this item this week )
Sorry for the delay ( Siglent has some delays due to the covid 19 with there normal stock supply to us all is a bit slow but still moving )

Have fun.. 8)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 06:46:19 pm by Martin72 »

The following users thanked this post: carl0s

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2021, 08:00:15 pm »
Just had a 'shipped' notification, followed by a tracking email from UPS. Delivery expected this Wednesday.
--
Carl

The following users thanked this post: Martin72

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2021, 08:37:25 pm »
Good luck!  :-+

By the way, what have you ordered, the STB-3 ?

• Supporter
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2021, 09:23:04 pm »
Thank you. Yes that's correct, the STB-3, sds2104x plus, and the summer special LA and AWG bundle.
--
Carl

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2021, 10:10:23 pm »
Ah, welcome to the club of the few owners of the STB-3... ;D

Don´t expect to get the full information from the "manual"...

And congrats to the buy of the actually best scope hobbyists can afford.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2021, 12:27:40 am »
Ah, welcome to the club of the few owners of the STB-3... ;D

Don´t expect to get the full information from the "manual"...
Yet it's quite adequate if you know how to drive your scope.  ;)

STB-3 has been around for some years and before the current range of Siglent scopes were even on the drawing board so any instructions would be long out of date for current models.
STB-3 has enough tricky waveforms to challenge even experienced scope users and illustrations/screenshots are included to demonstrate scope and trigger settings required to replicate them.

For the real DSO novice a better manual would certainly help however rather than printed black and white instructions 'learning by doing' is still the best path to competency.
Mostly we would never use all the features in the modern DSO but knowing they're there and experiencing their usage arms you for when you do.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: carl0s

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2021, 08:33:09 pm »
'learning by doing' is still the best path to competency.

This should be printed on every weak manual on the last page. ;)

• Supporter
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2021, 08:23:23 am »
Well, today is Wednesday, and UPS tracking still just says 'label created' in the Netherlands. So it's unlikely to be arriving in the UK today. Ho hum :-/ I'm sure it'll come eventually.
--
Carl

• Supporter
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2021, 04:54:48 pm »
Should / would finally be getting delivery tomorrow, but UPS are trying to charge £275 "government fees" with no explanation what that means. Duty should not be due.
Getting through to UPS is not possible so will await an email reply.

Jonas from JR Special Electronics replied to me when I emailed one more time this week, to tell me that it would finally be shipped. I guess he doesn't like to reply to people when there isn't good news to give. I think he should re-think that communications policy.
--
Carl

Offline C.J.S.

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2021, 05:18:00 pm »
There's no import duty from EUR to UK and no VAT due at the border either, under the postponed accounting scheme. Should pass through unimpeded.

Are you sure about that? According to this page from UK government, for goods worth more than £135 in total, you will have to pay VAT + Customs Duty.
Did the seller (siglent.eu) already charge you the VAT? If not, I suppose you have to pay it to the courier, and the courier is supposed to transfer it to the UK tax office. Same for the import duties. And the courier will charge additional administration costs.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 08:27:25 pm by C.J.S. »

• Supporter
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2021, 10:04:44 pm »

Are you sure about that? According to this page from UK government, for goods worth more than £135 in total, you will have to pay VAT + Customs Duty.
Did the seller (siglent.eu) already charge you the VAT? If not, I suppose you have to pay it to the courier, and the courier is supposed to transfer it to the UK tax office. Same for the import duties. And the courier will charge additional administration costs.

Hi. Yes I am sure about the VAT. It's called the postponed accounting scheme, and as long as my VAT number is displayed on the invoice, VAT is not charged. Same as before. This is because it's a business purchase and I am VAT registered. The 'rules' changed I think in July 2021. It's all very confusing, but yes, for VAT, if it's a business purchase, the VAT is just not charged, rather than being charged and reclaimed on a VAT return. So it now works just like it did before with EU imports. I read online that I should get an EORI number, so I did do that, but so far nobody has asked for it or displayed it, and I buy Mikrotik networking gear from Latvia without issue. The EORI number I was issued by the UK gov is actually identical to my VAT number, just with a 3 zeros at the end  :-//

However, upon further reading (can't get through to UPS on the phone), I suspect I have fallen foul of the 'origination of goods' issue. The no-duty thing, or 'preferential tariff' from the free trade agreement only applies if the goods actually originate from the other country. I guess the Siglent stuff originates from China. This is why all the Mikrotik gear I order from Latvia comes through without duty and without VAT, but this 'scope and test board have attracted 20% duty (no VAT). Oh well you live and learn! I suspect I'll not get a swift reply from UPS so I'll just pay it and get playing with my new toy.

It does make me wonder what would happen if I ordered some Ubiquiti stuff along with Mikrotik from the same supplier in Latvia. Ubiquiti being USA originated.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 07:46:21 am by carl0s »
--
Carl

• Supporter
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2021, 08:09:37 am »
You know, I still don't get it.

based on the HS code of 9030 39 00 00, the UK gov website says that even if I was importing direct from China, where there is no 'preferential agreement in place', there would be zero duty. Just VAT.
--
Carl

Offline masterx81

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2021, 09:18:02 am »
I've stopped ordering anything from uk (to italy) as due to brexit now i have to pay customs... I not know if the customs are applied also importing things from UE .

• Supporter
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2021, 10:42:30 am »
I've stopped ordering anything from uk (to italy) as due to brexit now i have to pay customs... I not know if the customs are applied also importing things from UE .

Yes the whole thing is a shame & a nightmare. Although, I must also add, as someone who occasionally sells things on eBay and used to post internationally, Italy is a nightmare for sending stuff to. I ended up blocking Italy in the end because stuff never arrived!
--
Carl

• Supporter
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2021, 10:52:50 am »
I am a little disappointed that my brand new fairly expensive piece of equipment has arrived 'pre-dinged'. But what can you do, except be a bit disappointed  :-\

--
Carl

• Supporter
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2021, 10:58:54 am »
I can live with the two tiny scratches on the top, but the wonky dented label is really pissing me off.

--
Carl

• Supporter
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2021, 11:32:54 am »
I'm waiting to find out, from UPS or from JR Special Electronics (have contacted both), what commodity code / HS code was declared on the export from NL to UK.

I think it should be 9030390000, which would mean zero duty, even without the preferential tariff (origin of goods being China). HMRC have confirmed the same on the telephone with me.

https://www.trade-tariff.service.gov.uk/commodities/9030390000#import

--
Carl

• Supporter
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2021, 12:24:16 pm »
'scope looks like a good bit of kit though. Big step up from the DS1054Z in terms of, well, everything from the get go, without actually using it to measure anything. UI quality, speed, physical buttons, the lot.
--
Carl

Offline masterx81

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2021, 04:08:08 pm »
Yes the whole thing is a shame & a nightmare. Although, I must also add, as someone who occasionally sells things on eBay and used to post internationally, Italy is a nightmare for sending stuff to. I ended up blocking Italy in the end because stuff never arrived!
I've happly done a LOT of deals on uk, for years (via forums and ebay), only one "scam", and always received the things ordered (a lot of times i've planned myself the shipment via parcel2go). I miss a lot ordering from uk, as can be found almost anything, with good prices (i order a lot of car parts). On some things, nothing in europe is good and cheap like in uk. I think than more of 30% of my 1500 feedbacks as buyier on ebay are for uk orders...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf