Author Topic: Siglent hacks  (Read 2893 times)

Offline Kedmonson45Topic starter

Siglent hacks
« on: August 09, 2022, 07:52:23 pm »
Just wondering.
I just received a new to me sds1202x-e dso and am wondering if these are hackable in any way?

Also fixing to purchase a sdg1032x and wondering they are hackable?

Lastly have a t2dso2104 teledyne Leroy coming. You guessed is. Is it hackable?
Remember I'm new, so be kind.

Thanks in advance.

Offline techneut

• Regular Contributor
Re: Siglent hacks
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2022, 08:03:55 pm »
That you are new doesn't mean you can be lazy. Start with searching the forum, ask questions later

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2022, 08:48:16 pm »
That you are new doesn't mean you can be lazy. Start with searching the forum, ask questions later
To find all the answers the OP seeks would require a lot of digging.
Just wondering.
I just received a new to me sds1202x-e dso and am wondering if these are hackable in any way?
No.
Prior to release Dave got the only 100 MHz model every released to the west and still has it AFAIK but when he dumped its boot stream to find if hacks might be possible and showed the process to the world in that video Siglent countered with releasing only the SDS1202X-E to the west.

Also fixing to purchase a sdg1032x and wondering they are hackable?
SDG1000X models have their own thread here so if the answers you seek aren't there then it's likely they're within links to other threads. As techneut says, use the Search function.

Lastly have a t2dso2104 teledyne Leroy coming. You guessed is. Is it hackable?
AFAICT these are SDS2000X Plus rebrands which certainly can be enhanced but maybe not with the same codes the Siglent python thread produces and like the SDG1000X there are threads and hack threads for these.

Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2022, 09:33:21 pm »
The lecroy rebadges of the sds2000X+ got more options already included, there are only MSO and 4 decoder types left.
And of course bandwith.

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2022, 09:55:19 pm »
Was looking to be sure mso was available and to bump the bandwidth.

Anyway, i work more hours a week then most and get about a hour each afternoon to spend with family. After many day/hours of searching the internet (and of corse every search for siglent hacks points to eevblog) and reading the threads that internet searching brought up from eevblog. I decided to get on site and ask. I will never understand why people want to instantly jump to thinking someone is lazy for asking questions. If no one wants to answer just ignore the question. Though i have not searched this site directly. I have done extensive reading through google searches linked to this blog and didnot find the answers i was looking for.

I do sincerely thank everyone for your comments, i have gained some useful information to continue my internet search. I now know to focus on the sdg1032x and t3dso2104/sds2104+ <—- was thinking it was a siglent rebrand, confirmed, if i can get itsbandwidth up to 200 i may just sell my sds1202.   Thanks for the info, good day and God bless…. And goodbye….

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2022, 10:28:01 pm »
I now know to focus on the sdg1032x and t3dso2104/sds2104+ <—- was thinking it was a siglent rebrand, confirmed, if i can get itsbandwidth up to 200 i may just sell my sds1202.   
No need to hack a SDS2104X Plus to 200 MHz as it's already almost there. Tests I did on the first one I handled showed with 3 yes 3 waveform sources its -3dB BW was ~185 MHz !
Sure that's some 40 MHz behind a SDS1202X-E however in the big picture will that really matter ?
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2022, 11:04:13 pm »
Awesome. Thanks. Do you know if mso is on by default?  Im hoping to expand my electronics experience by taking odds and ends apart and hacking in to them. My free time is limited but i hope to learn more. I work with automation. Allen bradley plcs and love the thought of taking a wireless router apart and building some random mcgiver controller out of it. Thanks for the info.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2022, 11:16:32 pm »
Do you know if mso is on by default? 
Sorry I can't say how LeCroy manage any Trial options they might have but for a Siglent MSO is active for 30 trial uses before option licensing must be installed.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf