Products > Test Equipment

Siglent Bench DMMs SDM3065X, SDM3055 and SDM3045X

<< < (233/236) > >>

richardlicker:
my meter was faulty, started locking up constantly. was able to return it and get another one from the same source, and this one hasn't been locking up. all the other issues remain though, if I power down the meter, it is like powering up a bran d new meter for the first time; doesn't remember *anything*. it's annoying enough that I just leave this thing running 24/7 now because at the end of the day, this is a tool to earn me money, not a lab instrument to be babied.

having used this as my daily driver for a few months in my repair lab, my biggest gripes are the absolutely useless bar graph mode, the inability to remember any settings, and the quiet beeper. I like this meter well enough that I would buy a second one to sit atop it if the settings bug was fixed, but I think I might slide a 34460 under this one once they become available.

gotta give a shout out to the signlent phone support though, within minutes of calling I was on the phone with a enginerd, and he helped me get my defunct meter returned. these guys are literally just a proper firmware update away form having a fully fantastic bit of kit here

tautech:

--- Quote from: richardlicker on June 09, 2022, 04:10:07 am ---my meter was faulty, started locking up constantly. was able to return it and get another one from the same source, and this one hasn't been locking up. all the other issues remain though, if I power down the meter, it is like powering up a bran d new meter for the first time; doesn't remember *anything*. it's annoying enough that I just leave this thing running 24/7 now because at the end of the day, this is a tool to earn me money, not a lab instrument to be babied.

having used this as my daily driver for a few months in my repair lab, my biggest gripes are the absolutely useless bar graph mode, the inability to remember any settings, and the quiet beeper. I like this meter well enough that I would buy a second one to sit atop it if the settings bug was fixed, but I think I might slide a 34460 under this one once they become available.

gotta give a shout out to the signlent phone support though, within minutes of calling I was on the phone with a enginerd, and he helped me get my defunct meter returned. these guys are literally just a proper firmware update away form having a fully fantastic bit of kit here

--- End quote ---
1. Check it's FW is the latest version here:
https://int.siglent.com/download/firmwares/?CateIdss=5
2. RTFM, goto System> Power On settings change from Default to Last

dracotonisamond:
Its not really relevant but when i was looking at these meters i could not find any info on if they stacked with Rigol function generators.

the answer is they do, but not the other way around.

Wrenches of Death:

--- Quote from: dracotonisamond on June 09, 2022, 06:06:00 am ---

--- End quote ---

Are the bumpers swap-able? You know, remove the left one, flip it over and install in on the right side and visa versa?

WoD

dracotonisamond:

--- Quote from: Wrenches of Death on June 09, 2022, 05:12:27 pm ---
--- Quote from: dracotonisamond on June 09, 2022, 06:06:00 am ---

--- End quote ---

Are the bumpers swap-able? You know, remove the left one, flip it over and install in on the right side and visa versa?

WoD

--- End quote ---

Yes, the bumpers can be installed in reverse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version