Author Topic: Siglent Bench DMMs SDM3065X, SDM3055 and SDM3045X  (Read 389905 times)

Offline pipe2null

• Regular Contributor
Re: Siglent Bench DMMs SDM3065X, SDM3055 and SDM3045X
« Reply #575 on: May 19, 2020, 08:57:00 pm »
Seriously?!?!?!?  You can still see the wall.  You can do better.   >:D

Offline Electro Fan

• Super Contributor
« Reply #576 on: May 20, 2020, 02:39:11 am »

+1
What's up with that?
:)

Online tautechTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #577 on: May 20, 2020, 03:04:43 am »
Still, Elasia's got a nice rack....and normally one would only say that to the fairer sex.  ::)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline pipe2null

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #578 on: May 20, 2020, 07:29:05 am »
I never thought I would say this, but yes, I am jealous of his rack...   :palm:    Though, like so many profile pics, it is a little out of focus, but it appear well rounded and perky...  I'll stop before I devolve into Monty Python and Huge Tracts of Land.

Still, Elasia's got a nice rack....and normally one would only say that to the fairer sex.  ::)
I was trying out being a TEA enabler, seemed like fun.  Starting out on this forum, every time I started a topic that tautech posted on, I somehow ended up buying a new piece of equipment.   ;)

Offline Elasia

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #579 on: May 20, 2020, 12:40:46 pm »

+1
What's up with that?
:)

Well I did have a ton of crap up by the printer but i had to clean that shelf off so i could raise it lol

I never thought I would say this, but yes, I am jealous of his rack...   :palm:    Though, like so many profile pics, it is a little out of focus, but it appear well rounded and perky...  I'll stop before I devolve into Monty Python and Huge Tracts of Land.

I was trying out being a TEA enabler, seemed like fun.  Starting out on this forum, every time I started a topic that tautech posted on, I somehow ended up buying a new piece of equipment.   ;)

This site has hurt my pocket book for sure but its all things i deem essential should i ever get shit canned and forced to venture into the great depression upon us, have to stay skilled up and top line to ward off bean counters.. its already paid off 100x fold

if you like the rack, you should see whats underneath ;p

Actually nothing but my computer is obviously to the left, i might post my lab pics in that one thread later once i clean my office up again

• Super Contributor
« Reply #580 on: May 20, 2020, 09:25:59 pm »

:-DD
With the price and capability of gear today it's sure hard not to get on the buying bandwagon as you can have a good lab for not too much $.
Thanks for the brand support guys.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline klausES

• Regular Contributor
  • restore Sony ES/Esprit era
« Reply #581 on: June 02, 2020, 09:53:17 pm »
Doesn't want to appear impatient, but the flawed 1.01.01.20R2 for the SDM3055 was released over 7 months ago,
the errors in this version alone have been reported to Siglent by users here since January / February and nothing has still happened to this day...  :-//

Is Siglent doing something else or have you long since decided to just leave the SDM3055 buyers out in the rain ?  :--
regards klaus. "Art is when you can't do it ... because if you can, it's not art"

The following users thanked this post: tautech, flash2b

Offline flash2b

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #582 on: June 03, 2020, 07:39:10 am »
I agree with klausES, logging to the USB that does not crash seems a mandatory function of a reputable 5.5digit multimeter.

Offline weeky

« Reply #583 on: June 04, 2020, 12:20:41 am »
Today I received my SDM3045X. I was a little bit surprised that it also has the "Filter" menu option that the 3055 has in one the videos I saw and no other 3045X from one of the videos or pictures had it. Was this added to the 3045X?
I also have this ugly thing when booting up (see attached image). Is this something to worry about?

Best,
weeky

Offline TheDefpom

• Frequent Contributor
  • YouTuber Nerd - I Fix Stuff
    • The Defpom's Channel
« Reply #584 on: June 04, 2020, 12:24:01 am »
Well that doesn't look right...
Cheers Scott

Check out my Electronics Repair, Mailbag, or Review Videos at https://www.youtube.com/TheDefpom

Offline weeky

« Reply #585 on: June 04, 2020, 12:26:48 am »
It boots correctly, the software has the ID 5.01.01.05 and hardware ID 03-00-00-05-00. Should I better send it back?

Offline TheDefpom

• Frequent Contributor
  • YouTuber Nerd - I Fix Stuff
    • The Defpom's Channel
« Reply #586 on: June 04, 2020, 12:35:17 am »
I would suggest doing a firmware update first, that might fix it, the SiglentNA site shows the latest being 5.01.01.05R3 so might be slightly different to your current one, although it was released late last year.

https://siglentna.com/service-and-support/firmware-software/digital-multimeters/#sdm3045x-series
Cheers Scott

Check out my Electronics Repair, Mailbag, or Review Videos at https://www.youtube.com/TheDefpom

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline weeky

« Reply #587 on: June 04, 2020, 12:47:25 am »
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that now and it did not change the inverted "Kernel starting...." screen from appearing

• Super Contributor
« Reply #588 on: June 04, 2020, 12:51:41 am »
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that now and it did not change the inverted "Kernel starting...." screen from appearing
I have to run out now for a few hours but have further tools to sort it if new firmware doesn't fix it.
Double check the Sys info to see the new firmware is loaded.
Please post the results.

Back later..............
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline weeky

« Reply #589 on: June 04, 2020, 12:58:23 am »
Hello, yes the new firmware is loaded, the info screen gives the correct id "0.01.01.05R3"

Offline klausES

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #590 on: June 04, 2020, 09:35:12 am »
This wrong and upside down boot logo already occurred here with SDMs.
If I remember correctly, could tautech help with the recovery software.
regards klaus. "Art is when you can't do it ... because if you can, it's not art"

• Super Contributor
« Reply #591 on: June 04, 2020, 09:42:01 am »
Hello, yes the new firmware is loaded, the info screen gives the correct id "0.01.01.05R3"
OK, is the boot screen still corrupt ?
PM sent.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

• Super Contributor
« Reply #592 on: June 04, 2020, 09:51:42 am »
OK, is the boot screen still corrupt ?
PM sent.
And returned, Batronix got member weekly all fixed up with the recovery files.  :-+  :phew:
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Online pascal_sweden

• Super Contributor
« Reply #593 on: June 17, 2020, 01:01:15 pm »
@klausES:

It took a little while longer than I expected, but I finished the basics of my scanner card breakout.  I ended up rolling 4 separate projects into it:
- SDM3065X-SC scanner card breakout (the bottom half, plus green earth ground binding post to DMM case, plus BNC is the Ext Trig brought to front)
- Breakout for a cheap PC power supply (I've been meaning to do this for a while, just didn't get around to it previously)
- Metering for cheap PC power supply rails to OLED displays (don't have the metering circuits done, but the screens look pretty...  Heh)
- SCPI server via ESP8266 to dump Metering data to network (not done, but screen looks pretty...  Heh)

Is there a separate website with more details about the project?

Is it 12 channels or 16 channels?

The Siglent website talks about 12 channels, while your breakout board has 16 channels.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 01:03:44 pm by pascal_sweden »

Offline Elasia

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #594 on: June 17, 2020, 02:07:43 pm »
@klausES:

It took a little while longer than I expected, but I finished the basics of my scanner card breakout.  I ended up rolling 4 separate projects into it:
- SDM3065X-SC scanner card breakout (the bottom half, plus green earth ground binding post to DMM case, plus BNC is the Ext Trig brought to front)
- Breakout for a cheap PC power supply (I've been meaning to do this for a while, just didn't get around to it previously)
- Metering for cheap PC power supply rails to OLED displays (don't have the metering circuits done, but the screens look pretty...  Heh)
- SCPI server via ESP8266 to dump Metering data to network (not done, but screen looks pretty...  Heh)

Is there a separate website with more details about the project?

Is it 12 channels or 16 channels?

The Siglent website talks about 12 channels, while your breakout board has 16 channels.

His 3d files and parts list are in the thread since i asked for them as well awhile back :P  no project site

It's 12 channels of voltage scanning or 6 channels of 4 wire resistance/voltage scanning, 4 channels of current sensing for a total of 16 on the scan card

It has its own manual with specs

http://siglentna.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/SC1016_Datasheet_DS60030-E02A.pdf

The following users thanked this post: pipe2null

Offline klausES

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #595 on: July 05, 2020, 11:53:33 pm »
Doesn't want to appear impatient, but the flawed 1.01.01.20R2 for the SDM3055 was released over 7 months ago,
the errors in this version alone have been reported to Siglent by users here since January / February and nothing has still happened to this day...  :-//

Is Siglent doing something else or have you long since decided to just leave the SDM3055 buyers out in the rain ?  :--

8 months and nothing from Siglent except empty promises.

5 months ago they wrote to me that it was my turn.
4 months ago they wrote me that all reported bugs could be traced and they were working on it.
I waited another 2 months until I asked carefully and politely if there was anything new. The answer was that you would apologize and get in touch very soon.
Another 2 months and nothing has happened to date.

I am really disappointed...  >:(

Offline Gridstop

• Contributor
« Reply #596 on: July 06, 2020, 02:06:31 am »
I was thinking about getting a 3045X or 3055 (once there's some followup on klaus' issue) and was wondering about calibration.

Has anyone sent their siglent DMM out for cal or found a local place that can do it? I'm just concerned about finding places that will cal things other than fluke & keysight. I'm in the US and there's no cal labs locally except the one at work and we can't use that unfortunately. So really I'd be looking for some place I can ship it to.

Offline Elasia

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #597 on: July 06, 2020, 12:45:29 pm »
I was thinking about getting a 3045X or 3055 (once there's some followup on klaus' issue) and was wondering about calibration.

Has anyone sent their siglent DMM out for cal or found a local place that can do it? I'm just concerned about finding places that will cal things other than fluke & keysight. I'm in the US and there's no cal labs locally except the one at work and we can't use that unfortunately. So really I'd be looking for some place I can ship it to.

Transcat is their main one

https://www.transcat.com/

https://siglentna.com/service-and-support/calibration-certificate/

• Super Contributor
« Reply #598 on: July 06, 2020, 12:56:59 pm »

Transcat is their main one

https://www.transcat.com/

https://siglentna.com/service-and-support/calibration-certificate/
A User Cal manual procedure is under development that any Cal lab could also use as they have good references to apply if adjustments are required. I have a draft for the 3065X but it's secret at this time sorry.
It's apparently gunna be available for 3055 models too.
Otherwise it's something like a Fluke universal calibrator PC controlled with scripts from the Siglent factory.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline Gridstop

• Contributor
« Reply #599 on: July 06, 2020, 01:48:34 pm »
If currently the only option is to send it to transcat, has anyone done that and how much did it cost and how long did it take? Kind of annoying when a company sets it up so only one place can do maintenance on something but the only way to find out how much it costs is to go manually request quotes for everything.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf